DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Of Shadow and Flame

Of Shadow and Flame

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 4856
Location: Los Angeles, CA
OOC: If Hellish Rebuke triggers, he still takes damage. No distance limit on the extra damage. :)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 16 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2490
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: Hah - get in the fire and listen for the screams down the path.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4466
Mal is still missing.

Save vs. Disappeared (1d20+1=8)

OOC: Mal is still disappeared. Someone should stabilize Everbright. The dog waits.


  •  Mal Geminous
    • Male Tiefling Warlord 8
    • Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
    • AC:24, Fort:20, Reflex:17, Will:20 - Speed:5
    • HP:49 (+7)/60, Bloodied:30, Surge Value:15, Surges left:6/8
    • Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Fire 9 Cold 5
    •  
    • Powers
      • Opening Shove (Push 1, one ally can shift 2 or basic melee)
      • Wolf Pack Tactics (1W, ally shifts one before attack)
      • Improved Saving Inspiring Word +1 x2 (surge +2d6+5 HP or Surge +5 HP and saving throw)
      • Infernal Wrath (+1 att, +4 dam)
      • Inspired Belligerence (grant allies Comb. Adv., +4 dam.)
      • Hammer and Anvil (1W, grant ally basic melee with +4 dam)
      • Warlord's Strike (2W, grant allies +5 dam.)
      • War of Attrition (2W, grant allies +4 att. and dam. w/ basic and at-wills)
      • Fearless Rescue +1 (Rxn: +1 A, 2W; ally drops, provide surge+1d6/OA +1)
      • Pike Hedge (Rxn: Enemy moves in reach, W; 4 dam to enemies move in reach)
      • Stand Tough +1 (grants 15 HP to all)
      • Fey-Blessed Circlet (4 temp HP at start of every encounter)
      • Flaming Glaive +2 (+2d6 crit; daily: 1d6, 5 OGD fire, save ends)
      • Frozen Scale +2 (Rxn: hit by melee, deal 2d6 dam and immobile)
      • Couters of Second Chances (daily: reroll missed att.)
      • Ironwood Hound
       
    • Items
      • Hempen Rope (50ft)
      • Grappling Hook, Hammer, Pitons (10)
      • Hand Axe x2
      • Waraxe, Light Shield
       
    • Abilities
      • Basic Melee Attack +14 (+4 Str, +2 Prof, +1 Exp, +1 HB, +4 lvl, +2 W)
      • Damage: 2d4+7 (2d4 Glaive, +4 Str, +2 W, +1 HB)
      • Basic Range Attack +10 (+4 Str, +2 Prof, +4 lvl)
      • Damage: 1d6+4 (1d6 Hand Axe, +4 Str)
      • Bloodhunt (+1 to attack vs. bloodied)
      • Inspiring Presence (+8 HP when ally uses AP)
      • Combat Leader (+2 initiative to me and allies within 10)
      • Hellfire Blood (+1 to att and dam with fire and fear)
       
    • Skills
      • Acrobatics +4 (+0 Dex, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Arcana +6 (+2 Int, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Athletics +13 (+4 Str, +5 trained, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Bluff +10 (+4 Cha, +2 race, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Diplomacy +13 (+4 Cha, +5 trained, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Dungeoneering +4 (+0 Wis, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Endurance +5 (+1 Con, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Heal +9 (+0 Wis, +5 trained, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • History +6 (+2 Int, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Insight +4 (+0 Wis, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Intimidate +13 (+4 Cha, +5 trained, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Nature +4 (+0 Wis, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Perception +4 (+0 Wis, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Religion +6 (+2 Int, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Stealth +6 (+0 Dex, +2 race, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Streetwise +8 (+4 Cha, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Thievery +4 (+0 Dex, +4 1/2 lvl)


  •  Ironwood Hound
    • Medium Natural Animate
    • Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
    • AC:24, Fort:22, Reflex:19, Will:21 - Speed:6
    • HP:15 (+7)/15, Bloodied:7
    •  
    • Powers
      • Bite (MBA; +15 vs. AC; 2d6+3 dam)
      • Drive Back (+13 vs. Fort; 2d6+3 dam; push 2 and shift 2 to be adjacent)
      _______________
      Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
      Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 4758
Okay, so HEdoni is looking from the top of Founders Hall. Where are you sending the cat and falcon? Which building are they near?
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2490
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: I'm sending the cat to the area between Lola's Insight and the Hall of Amber, and I'm sending the falcon to search over the arboretum.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 4856
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar again is unphased by the fire, and Tevors is spared more flames himself. The warlock then waits to hear what Hedoni reports.

Start of turn - Salazar takes VoU damage, triggering the Hellish Rebuke damage on Tevors.

VoU/HR (1d10+3=4, 1d6+8=11)

Salazar takes no damage, after applying fire resistance, so no Hellish Rebuke damage. Darn.


  •  Salazar Miller
    • Male Human Warlock 8
    • Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 19
    • AC: 22, Fort: 22, Reflex: 22, Will: 19 - Speed: 6
    • HP: 67 + 13 temp HP/67, Bloodied: 33, Surge Value: 16, Surges left: 10/12
    • Action Points: 0
    • Resist 5 Fire, 5 Necrotic
    •  
    • Powers
    • Dire Radiance
    • Eldritch Blast
    • Hellish Rebuke
    • Diabolic Grasp
    • Fiery Bolt
    • Fey Switch
    • Ethereal Stride
    • Howl of Doom
    • Scorching Burst x2
    • Second Wind
    • Flames of Phlegethos
    • Vestige of Ugar
    • Belt of Raging Endurance (Encounter)
    • Choker of Eloquence +2 (Daily)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 16 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 4758
The cat spots Tevors at lets out a spine tingling shriek.

Initiative: Status
Everbright: -2/103, dazed, prone, dying
Elderwood Falcon: 15(13 temp)/15
Tevors: down 322, HQ, cursed, HR, prone, bloodied, IW
Mal: 49 (7 temp)/60, disappeared
Ironwood Hound: 15 (5 temp)/15
Hedoni: 48(13 temp)/53
Cat: no damage
->Salazar: 67(13 temp)/67
Daggoth: 67(13 temp)/80
Ravenblade: 64/68, +2 def

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:21 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 4856
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar moves towards the cat's screech, sees Tevors, reaches out, and drags the spell weaver back towards the group with a jerk.

Move action - Move to U13 (I think).

Standard action - Diabolic Grasp against Trevors.

DG (24H, Curse, RC, Prime Shot) (1d20+12+1+1+1=32, 2d8+7=15, 1d6=6)

Hits Fort 32 for 15 damage and 6 curse damage (21 total damage) and on a hit, slide Tevors to W18 (I think... 5 squares closer to us).


  •  Salazar Miller
    • Male Human Warlock 8
    • Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 19
    • AC: 22, Fort: 22, Reflex: 22, Will: 19 - Speed: 6
    • HP: 67 + 13 temp HP/67, Bloodied: 33, Surge Value: 16, Surges left: 10/12
    • Action Points: 0
    • Resist 5 Fire, 5 Necrotic
    •  
    • Powers
    • Dire Radiance
    • Eldritch Blast
    • Hellish Rebuke
    • Diabolic Grasp
    • Fiery Bolt
    • Fey Switch
    • Ethereal Stride
    • Howl of Doom
    • Scorching Burst x2
    • Second Wind
    • Flames of Phlegethos
    • Vestige of Ugar
    • Belt of Raging Endurance (Encounter)
    • Choker of Eloquence +2 (Daily)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 16 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4466
The Ironwood Hound hears the cat screech and charges towards Tevors, barking all the way, before clamping down with his teeth.

Move Action: Walk (Move Speed)

Standard Action: Charge (+15 vs. AC; Hit: 2d6+3 dam)

Hound Charge (+15 W, +1 24hr, +1 charge) (1d20+17=25, 2d6+3=14)

OOC: I think the dog can move and charge to reach him. I think W22, hits AC 25 for 14 damage.


  •  Ironwood Hound
    • Medium Natural Animate
    • Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
    • AC:24, Fort:22, Reflex:19, Will:21 - Speed:6
    • HP:15 (+5)/15, Bloodied:7
    •  
    • Powers
      • Bite (MBA; +15 vs. AC; 2d6+3 dam)
      • Drive Back (+13 vs. Fort; 2d6+3 dam; push 2 and shift 2 to be adjacent)
      _______________
      Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
      Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 4758
Salazar finally moves out of the fire zone and drags Tevors back towards the group.

Mal's hound goes towards the cat's screech and sees the enemy. The dog charges the spellweaver and his fangs rip the creature to shreds.

Mal reappears in the same spot where he was before.

The group gains 1750 experience.

Daggoth or Ravenblade can try to stabilize Everbright before his next death save.

Current Status
Everbright: -2/103, prone, dying
Elderwood Falcon: 15(13 temp)/15
Tevors: dead
Mal: 49 (7 temp)/60
Hedoni: 48(13 temp)/53
Salazar: 67(13 temp)/67
Ironwood Hound: 15 (5 temp)/15
->Daggoth: 67(13 temp)/80
Ravenblade: 64/68, +2 def
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7623
Ravenblade looks around for Mal. Not seeing him and not waiting for Daggoth to move his tired legs, he runs to Everbright's side, retrieves a healing potion, and pours it down the man's throat.

OOC: Heroic tier healing potion heals 10 hp from 0.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Lanharath - Kalashtar Enlightened Ardent (Eberron)
Corvan Danaviss - Human Arena Weaponmaster (Dark Campaign)
Dungeon Master (Points of Light)
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2490
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni slides down the dome, jumps from his rooftop pirch and helps to heal Everbright as well (Healing Word - surge +2d6HP). He then tries to satisfy his curiosity while helping the Professor up.

"Professor, What is that thing that was pretending to be Tevors? What's been going on here?"

Acrobatics: Slide down the dome and reduce falling damage: (1d20+13+1=19, 1d20+13+1=24) (to show off, and 'cause I never get to do much acrobatics in battle). Falling damage, if any, is reduced by 12.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 4758
Everbright replies weakly, "Hedoni Mindartis? Yes, I thought I recognized you. It's about time you stopped that hideous impostor." The elf takes Hedoni's arm as he stands up. "That thing who called itself Tevors has had me under a strong enchantment since the day after Aurythria left for her foolish conference. Ridiculous Quantum Alchemists." Everbright grumbles.

He thinks for a moment and then continues, "As for what Tevors was about, I have no idea. What ever he was trying to do, he certainly wasn't stupid enough to do it while the Headmaster was here. Huh. He probably has been waiting almost two years for her to leave the grounds. She didn't attend the SQARE conference last year. I think she had the flu or something."

Everbright looks around "I thought I saw that troublemaker Miller too? What are you doing here?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 pm. »
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2490
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"We've come to get help for Salazar - his warlock pact is causing him some pretty extreme mental issues, much more pronounced than I've ever seen. I'm not an expert, however. We ran into this whole situation quite unexpectedly - good thing we did, by the looks of it."

As an afterthought, Hedoni adds, "When will the headmaster return? I'm sure she'll know more about both of our problems."
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 4856
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar just grunts at Everbright's question, fighting hard to resist the urge to blast the professer with more fire. He does nod in agreement with Hedoni's explanation, though.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 16 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 4758
Everbright shakes his head and closes his eyes "When is she coming back? Hmm. I don't even know what day it is." He groans as a wave of dizzyness passes over him . He holds his head "I'll have to take a potion for this..." He takes a deep breath and continues "However, I can summon her immediately. We have a device for emergency communication. I'm sure the staff and students will be asking plenty of questions. Can you please bring the body inside? Hopefully Aurythria will make it back quickly."
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7623
Having listened in confusion at the exchange, Ravenblade understands the last bit and goes to carry Tever's body. Before lifting him, he searches him thoroughly, then carries him along with the group.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Lanharath - Kalashtar Enlightened Ardent (Eberron)
Corvan Danaviss - Human Arena Weaponmaster (Dark Campaign)
Dungeon Master (Points of Light)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 4758
Ravenblade searches Tevors. Besides the mage's robes, he finds a pouch with about 1000 gold worth of residuum and a small iridescent disk.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7623
While hauling Tevers body. "Hey Hedoni, take a look at this disc six-arms here was carrying." and tosses it to the wizard.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Lanharath - Kalashtar Enlightened Ardent (Eberron)
Corvan Danaviss - Human Arena Weaponmaster (Dark Campaign)
Dungeon Master (Points of Light)
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2490
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni looks at the disk, holding it up and trying to sense the object's properties.

Arcana, History, and Religion checks: (1d20+16+1=23, 1d20+13+1=16, 1d20+14+1=17)

OOC: Heh, Hedoni's not so sure today, apparently.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 4856
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar grabs the disk from Hedoni and takes a look himself. "Bah, you don't recognize this? So much for all that studying!"

Arcana, History, Religion (24H) (1d20+15+1=36, 1d20+15+1=32, 1d20+8+1=28 )

Arcana 36 (CRIT!), History 32, Religion 28
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 16 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 4758
Salazar knows immediately that the item is a chromatic disk.

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:07 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 4758
You make yourselves at home on campus while you wait for the Headmaster to return.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 4758
The sun was already setting as you fought Tevors, and now it is full evening. You decide to rest for the night and wait for the Headmaster to return.

The next morning Professor Falkrunn comes to fetch you. The dwarf escorts you to the Headmaster's office. You catch a glimpse of the Headmaster in her natural form before she morphs into her human guise.

User posted image User posted image

Aurythria looks exactly the same as how Hedoni and Salazar remember her. "Ah, there you are. I was just reviewing my notes from the conference. There was an excellent lecture on ice energy. My old collegue Chillreaver was demonstrating how to use the core power of ice to record information as well as to store and release magical energy. It required some very tricky poetry skills though. Hmm, I must write to him about whether a rhyming couplet is required or perhaps haiku will suffice" she muses.

Changing the subject without batting an eyelash, Aurythria says “Everbright has already explained about Tevors. Of course now I regret hiring him. I thought having a spellweaver on staff could be an excellent asset to the school, but alas, I was mistaken. I doubt we will ever know what his goal was. To me, Olorin’s greatest treasure is the collection and collaboration of such magically talented individuals.

She turns to a chest behind her and pulls out several items. "For your invaluable assistance in this matter I would like to reward you. I have to say I am quite proud of the hoard of magical items I have assembled over the decades. I am confident I have something that will suit each of you. She hands a black onyx hammer to Ravenblade, a crumpled emerald green felt hat to Hedoni, a piece of quartz set on a chain to Mal, and large handsome cloak for Daggoth. And of course, I give you my personal and heartfelt thanks.

User posted image User posted image User posted image User posted image

Her gaze turns knowingly on Salazar “And for you Miller, shall we discuss your particular needs?”
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7623
Ravenblade still can't make his wide open eyes relax at having seen a golden dragon which then...changed...into a beautiful woman. Finally, he is at least able to catch some drool before it drops and close his gaping mouth. He looks at his hands at a black onyx craghammer that wasn't there a moment ago. He never even realized he took it.

"Tha....thank you, Headmistress. It was....hmmm....the least we could do."

He then steps away a little and eyes Salazar, hoping that he doesn't act in anger or with fire.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Lanharath - Kalashtar Enlightened Ardent (Eberron)
Corvan Danaviss - Human Arena Weaponmaster (Dark Campaign)
Dungeon Master (Points of Light)

Page: « < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Of Shadow and Flame

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software