DeadGoblins.com » Forgotten Realms » Loudwater

Loudwater

Moderators: Jonathan Berg, Michael Doss.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
The first day after a rainstorm is always a crowded market day in Loudwater, and today is no exception. South Square is bustling with locals moving from shop to shop, visitors heading in and out of the Green Tankard Tavern, and those who are just lounging around the fountain taking in the sun, gone these past three days.

The year is 1479 DR, nearly a hundred years removed from the Spellplague that changed the landscape of the Realms. Some of the old gods have vanished; some of the traditional powers have fallen. None of that has any bearing on you today, though, as you find yourself in one of the more peaceful corners of what has become a very war-torn world.

OOC: Please briefly introduce your character and explain why you are in South Square. Also, apologies to those of you who have already played out this scene from the last attempt at FR.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Standing by the well in the middle of South Square, leaning on his massive greataxe, stands a proud-looking dwarf in gray scalemail with golden accents. His blonde-white beard is long and clean, falling down his chest like tied rope. He wears a frightening looking helm and his penetrating gaze falls on every passerby as he slowly moves his head this way and that as if watching over them. He appears to be waiting for someone or something.

"Where is he!"

User posted image

  • Geron Kalddar
    • Dwarf Resilient Battlemind, Level 1
    • Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
    • AC: 17 Fort: 14 Reflex: 10 Will: 16 Speed: 5, Initiative: 0
    • HP: 33, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges: 13/13
    • Cast-Iron Stomach: +5 save vs poison
    • Stand Your Ground: -1 space forced movement / imm save vs prone att
    • Dwarven Resilience: second wind as minor action
    • Forgeborn Resistances: Acid: 2, Cold: 2, Fire: 2, Lightning: 2
    • Powers
    • Battlemind's Demand (minor: burst 3, mark an enemy)
    • Blurred Step (OA: shift one if marked adj enemy shifts)
    • Mind Spike (imm react: adj marked enemy damages adj ally without attacking me, reflect damage)
    • Bull's Strength
    • Iron Fist
    • Augment Points: 1 2
    • Battle Resilience (resist 7 until end of next turn when first hit or missed)
    • Elemental Legacy (+3 elemental damage when hitting)
    • Second Wind
    • Aspect of Elevated Harmony
    • Items
    • Scalemail
    • Greataxe
    • _______________
      Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
      « Last edit by Viktor on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:03 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Berna, a nondescript halfling woman. enjoys the pleasant sunshine and looks over the people in the square. Not much of a pickpocket, she decides to head into the nearby tavern. If she doesn't find any good marks there, maybe she can get some information about the local underground, or at the very least, have a decent drink.
  •  Berna Rhobarrden
    • Female Halfling Rogue 1
    • Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
    • AC:16, Fort:11, Reflex:16, Will:14 - Speed:6
    • HP:24/24, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/7
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Acrobatic Strike
      • Sly Flourish
      • Second Chance (when hit, enemy rerolls the attack and uses the second roll, even if it's lower.)
      • Acrobat's Blade Trick
      • Handspring Assault

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
A dwarf wearing chain mail and a spear on his back enters the square. He seems to delight in the presence of the varied members of the crowd. He appears rather typical for a dwarf, if less dour than most. Scanning the square, he spots Geron and ambles over to the other dwarf.

"Hail, Geron! Sorry to be late, I was helping an elf who just arrived in town find an inn that would suit her. I'm sure you'll agree she'll enjoy Loudwater much more staying at The Leafy Bough rather than The Boar's Hoof."

User posted image

  •  Ered Sarn
    • Male Dwarf Shaman 1
    • Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Low-Light Vision
    • AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 10, Will: 15 - Speed: 5
    • HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 11/11
    • Action Points: 1
    • Resists: None.

    • Cast-Iron Stomach (Race): +5 to saving throws versus poison.
    • Stand Your Ground (Race): Reduce forced movement by 1 square. Can attempt a save to avoid falling prone.
    • Companion Spirit (Class): Spirit companion occupies a square, allies can move through it, enemies can't. Defenses same as Ered. Only affected by melee or ranged attacks that do 10 damage. Ered takes 5 damage if spirit dispelled. Can move spirit with same move action used to move Ered.

    • Powers
    • -Call Spirit Companion
    • -Spirit of the Tempest
    • -Voice of Battle
    • -World Speaker's Command
    • -Bramble Ally
    • -Healing Spirit x2
    • -Second Wind
    • -Speak with Spirits
    • -Spirit of Grief's Shadow

    • Items
    • -None yet.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Geron sets his implacable stare on the dwarf that just addressed him. Without smiling he responds.

"You were helping an elf woman? Why does that not surprise me. You are three days late and I have nearly had to kill a few insolent humans trying to share my table during meals. They neglected to introduce themselves and ask permission first. I believe they felt justified in their cause because I was surrounded by five empty seats. Bah! You're doing it again, Ered Sarn! Somehow making me discuss banalities of life. How have you fared?"
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Quite well, thank you. If you would only stop being so grumpy all the time, you might not be so grumpy", Ered says self-evidently. "In any case, I'm sure the humans meant no harm and weren't trying to stifle your proud dwarven traditions."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Perhaps." responds Geron, although it's not clear which of Ered's statements he's referring to. "Why did you want to meet in this backward town? Were you not intending to spread your love of all things foreign around the world? This hardly seems like a good place for that."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
Emerging from a small shrine, a bored looking woman stretches her back in the sun. Her striking features and tall yet delicate frame suggest a faint air of elfish blood far back in her family tree. Delicate, that is, if one can ignore the full suit of plate mail she wears as she she moves through the square. She pauses briefly to throw an errant ball back to some playing children, and sighs audibly.

User posted image The Loudwater region seemed about as safe as her home in Silverymoon. She had left the northern regions in search of adventure and to spread the protective arm of her deity, Amaunator, to regions in need. Instead, she found herself short of coin and her blade's pommel was gathering dust.

Absentmindedly, as she moves past two bickering dwarfs near the square center, she gives them a polite nod. The sun was already high in the sky, and she was already mentally debating going to the Green Tankard. Not a good sign. If she didn't meet up with people dedicated to pushing back the monsters and dark threats looming on the horizon soon, she would need to go back to Silverymoon.

  •  Allena
    • Human Paladin 1
    • Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
    • AC:20 Fort:14 Reflex:14, Will:16 - Speed:5
    • HP:34/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:12/12
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers  
    • Items
      • Plate Armor
      • Heavy Shield
      • Bastard Sword
      • Backpack
      • Bedroll
      • Belt Pouch
      • Flint and Steel
      • Hempen Rope (50ft)
      • Torch (2)
       
    • Abilities
      • Languages Common, Chondathan
      • Human Defense Bonus +1 to Fort, Ref, and Will defenses.
      • Bonus At-Will Power
      • Bonus Feat
      • Bonus Skill
      •  
      • Skills
        • Acrobatics -4
        • Arcana -1
        • Athletics -4
        • Bluff 4
        • Diplomacy +11
        • Dungeoneering +2
        • Endurance +3
        • Heal +5
        • History -1
        • Insight +7
        • Intimidate +9
        • Nature +2
        • Perception +2
        • Religion +4
        • Stealth -4
        • Streetwise +4
        • Thievery -4
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
« Last edit by nmathew on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:56 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ered gives a cheerful nod back to the armored human who passes him and Geron. "See, you probably think she means to stuff you in a sack and haul you off to hammer out horseshoes for the rest of your life."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"I'd like to see her try. It's been a while since I've dueled anyone, although I doubt that she is worthy."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Is it that you doubt that she's worthy, or is it that you're sure she's human? She looks capable to me."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"That's a very good point. As a human, she is beneath us. I was thinking more about the sorry state she has kept her blade in. I saw some rust on the pommel of her blade. Very lazy."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"'Beneath us'? You've already taken to human phrases, I see. Be careful, or before you know it you might be trading your axe in for a sword," Ered chuckels.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Clearly not understanding what Ered meant or perhaps choosing not to, Geron replies. "Jest all you want. In the end, you will be glad when my axe stands between you and certain death, for that is what awaits you when dealing with outsiders."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Member
Registered: Dec 2009
Posts: 115
Location: california
A tall human enters the square from the north. His dark hair is cropped short on his scalp, and his body is crisscrossed with scars and simple tattoos. He wears a dirty, stained suit of hide armor, and in one hand holds a wooden animal mask, with a open mouth filled with fangs, four eyes, and four horns protruding from it, two from the forehead and two from where the jaw connects to the head. The teeth and horns look like they came from a crocodile and a ram respectively. On his back is strapped a large rusty sword, one side of which is serrated, a little like a saw-blade. A wooden sign hangs from his neck, with writing on it which simply states "Killer for hire: cheap" He does a quick scan of the square, then walks up to the well. The people out enjoying the day make sure to give him a little room as he passes. He splashes his face with some water, then heads to the tavern.
« Last edit by SamH on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:50 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Geron watches the human with the wooden sign carefully until he leaves the well and enters the tavern. Once he is gone, he wipes some of the splashed water off his shoulder and says to Ered. "That is exactly what I am talking about. Barbarism and uncouthness everywhere. The female knight at least showed some manners by comparison."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Okay," Ered admits, "that one was a bit odd. But just because he wears an animal as a hat doesn't mean he's a bad fellow. Though that sword is a bit much..."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 361
Location: Scottsdale
Standing very tall for a human maiden, Oboro Suba-gakkerae strolls through the square on her way to mid-day prayers. With a timid face yet confident body language, she thinks about finally completeing her delivery she received in Suzail. Far from her homeland , she feels uncomfortable being away for the first time. Seeking the comfort of service, Oboro will find her contact at the local tavern after she prays.

User posted image



  •  Oboro Suba-Gakkerae
    • Female Human Hybrid Invoker/Cleric 1
    • Passive Perception: +5, Passive Insight: +12
    • AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:13, Will:17 - Speed:5
    • HP:23/23, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:5, Surges left:7/7
    •  Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  


(I have to finish the rest of my drop down menu, but this is what I have for now.)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
It is funny sometimes the way life can change in a single instant. One moment you are all going your own ways, the next, all you can hear are screams.

A section of the southern wall of Loudwater ceases to exist following a large boom. You turn, hearing the sound, to see a throng of goblins coursing through the breach. Most are wearing leather armor and carrying short swords (G1-11), but a few larger ones run in with throwing javelins in hand. One other goblin stands in the rear, its robes billowing out in the wake of the blast. It shouts strange words, pointing toward Garwan's Curiosities.

  •   For Berna Only
    •  The robed goblin says, "Kill the townspeople if you must, but GET THE TOTEM!"


Wall Rubble: These squares are difficult terrain.
Merchant Carts: These squares are difficult terrain and grant cover to those standing in those squares. They do not block line of sight or effect.
Well: The well is 20 feet deep, and anyone pushed in takes 2d10 damage. The water at the bottom is 5 feet deep. There is a lip on the well, granting a +2 to saves vs falling in.

User posted image

Initiative Order
-->Berna - 24/24 (7/7, 1 AP)
Yellow Goblin - no damage
Green Goblin - no damage
Blue Goblin - no damage
Red Goblin - no damage
Robed Goblin - no damage
Oboro - 23/23 (7/7, 1 AP)
Allena - 34/34 (12/12, 1 AP)
Marcus - 31/31 (11/11, 1 AP)
G1 - no damage
G2 - no damage
G3 - no damage
G4 - no damage
G5 - no damage
G6 - no damage
G7 - no damage
G8 - no damage
G9 - no damage
G10 - no damage
G11 - no damage
Geron - 33/33 (13/13, 1 AP)
Ered Sarn - 30/30 (11/11, 1 AP)
Townspeople 1-10 - no damage


OOC: All of the goblins have already taken their surprise round to move into the city. Have at it!
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
For some reason, Geron is not in the least bit surprised when the wall behind him explodes and everything goes to pieces. After all, what else can one expect in savage lands. He hoists his large axe to the ready and looks around to assess the situation. Noticing four strangers that passed by earlier stand at the ready, he casually comments to Ered.

"You may be able to commune with your ancestral spirits, but I just knew something like this was going to happen in a dwarf-forsaken town like this. Their wall construction must be very shoddy to be so easily breached. I suppose you'll want to help these defenseless humans now. Let's get if over with then."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:19 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Berna's curiosity is peaked by the goblin's mention of a totem "Maybe it is worth something?" she thinks. However, the halfing is hesitant to charge into the fight. She hangs back for now.

Delay until after Marcus

  •  Berna Rhobarrden
    • Female Halfling Rogue 1
    • Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
    • AC:16, Fort:11, Reflex:16, Will:14 - Speed:6
    • HP:24/24, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/7
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Acrobatic Strike
      • Sly Flourish
      • Second Chance (when hit, enemy rerolls the attack and uses the second roll, even if it's lower.)
      • Acrobat's Blade Trick
      • Handspring Assault

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Dec 2009
Posts: 115
Location: california
OOC: can I charge through the townspeople?
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
OOC: I wouldn't think they count as enemies, so I imagine so.
As we are in a social setting, am I correct in assuming that I'll need to use a minor action to ready my blade?
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
The goblin warriors rush into battle, hurling javelins at whichever target seems closest. Yellow's javelin impales one of the townspeople (5 damage to #6, #6 is dead), while Blue slays another (8 damage to #7, #7 is dead). Red, perhaps distracted by all the hustling, misses another townsperson, but ends up next to it after following through on his shot. Green, meanwhile, sees a group clustered around the well, and his javelin finds a weak spot in Ered Sarn's armor (11 damage to Ered Sarn). The robed goblin stays to the rear and pulls out a cheap looking rod. It points it at one of the townspeople and mumbles something inaudible. A blinding bolt of energy strikes the villager, killing it instantly (7 damage to #10, #10 is dead).

OOC: Sam, you can charge through the villagers, but not through enemies. Nathan, no, consider your primary weapons out.

User posted image

Initiative Order
Yellow Goblin - no damage
Green Goblin - no damage
Blue Goblin - no damage
Red Goblin - no damage
Robed Goblin - no damage
-->Oboro - 23/23 (7/7, 1 AP)
Allena - 34/34 (12/12, 1 AP)
Marcus - 31/31 (11/11, 1 AP)
Berna - 24/24 (7/7, 1 AP)
G1 - no damage
G2 - no damage
G3 - no damage
G4 - no damage
G5 - no damage
G6 - no damage
G7 - no damage
G8 - no damage
G9 - no damage
G10 - no damage
G11 - no damage
Geron - 33/33 (13/13, 1 AP)
Ered Sarn - 19/30 (11/11, 1 AP)
Townspeople 1-5, 8-9 - no damage
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 361
Location: Scottsdale
Shocked out of a peaceful day by flying rubble, Oboro turns to watch in silent horror the murder of helpless innocents. She gathers her senses quickly and moves to channel retribution in the name of Imater. Deeply wounded from the pain of the innocents, Oboro moves into position and invokes her god for assistance. Silently moving her lips, Oboro enters into a trance. She summons the might of a deadly thunderstorm against the nearby goblins.

Minor: none
Move: Oboro moves from F7 to J8.
Main: Silent Malediction (close blast 3, daily) against Green Goblin, Blue goblin, g6, g7, and g8.

Silent Malediction: +6 wis vs Ref (5 wis +1 focused expertise); hit 2d6 +11 (5 wis +1 weapon focus +5 manifestation of wrath [5 enemy targets]) and the target is stunned (save ends); Miss target is dazed OENT; effect you are daved EONT.

To Hit: (1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=26, 1d20+6=25, 1d20+6=20, 1d20+6=17)

I am not sure if we are using a +1 bonus for 24hr posting, so I gave my character NO 24hr bonus.

Damage: 2d6+11=22, 2d6+11=21, 2d6+11=20, 2d6+11=18, 2d6+11=23

  •  Oboro Suba-Gakkerae
    • Female Human Hybrid Invoker/Cleric 1
    • Passive Perception: +5, Passive Insight: +12
    • AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:13, Will:17 - Speed:5
    • HP:23/23, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:5, Surges left:7/7
    •  Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Astral Seal
      • Mantle of the Infidel
      • Hand of Radiance
      • Healing Word
      • Divine Glow
      • Silent Malediction
      •  

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Forgotten Realms » Loudwater

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software