DeadGoblins.com » Forgotten Realms » Loudwater

Loudwater

Moderators: Jonathan Berg, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 >

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Even though she is not very insightful, Allena's words do cause a little bit of a stir with the two. (Intimidate success.)

Oboro's statement sinks in even further. (Intimidate success.)" Come on, Marc," says the one you know to be Davey. "Let's take them to Zark. He can decide what to do with them."

Marc pulls a key out of his pocket and opens the door behind him. He motions for the six of you to follow, and you walk into what definitely used to be a basement. The huge room is relatively bare, but some effort has been made to make the place a little nicer. A large rug takes up the center of the room, and a fountain (only half working) gurgles at the other end. Alcoves on both sides are lacking of furniture, and passageways also lead off the room to both the left and right. While there are a few more thugs and mercenaries spread out across the room, your eyes go to the rug, where a sinister looking dwarf stands next to what is probably the largest human you have ever seen, holding one of the largest swords you have ever seen.

User posted image

Marc walks to the dwarf. "These guys say they have some stuff for you. We didn't want to be killing no friends of yours, so we brought them in."

Zark looks you up and down. "Well? What do you have for me?" He grins. "I enjoy presents before a killing."

User posted image

Features of the Area
Fountain:
The fountain provides cover to anyone in any of its four squares.

Iniyiative Order
-->Geron - 39/39 (13/13, 1 AP)
Allena - 40/40 (12/12, 1 AP)
Ered - 35/35 (11/11, 1 AP)
Oboro - 27/27 (7/7, 1 AP)
Red Mercenary - no damage
Pink Mercenary - no damage
Teal Mercenary - no damage
Zark - no damage
Bodyguard - no damage
Marcus - 37/37 (11/11, 1 AP)
Berna - 29/29 (7/7, 1 AP)
Yellow Thug - no damage
Orange Thug - no damage
Green Thug - no damage
Blue Thug - no damage

OOC: Fight or talk, up to you. Please proceed in order.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Geron stares around stonefaced, looking at all and everything, and seeing nothing. He doesn't say or do anything for the time being.

1d20+10+1=13 Perception roll.

OOC: Delay until after Oboro.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Geron waits, wishing his eyes had adjusted to the room a bit better.

OOC: Allena is up.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
Looking about the room, Allena decides that they probably aren't even outnumbered 2:1. Better odds than she had expected. Doing her best to hide a smirk at their good fortune, she tilts her head back towards Oboro and lets the priest make the first move.

OOC: Delay until after Oboro. If things get nasty, Geron might want to delay after Allena so Allena can try to burst divine sanction everywhere, then follow with his own mark upon a particularly nasty individual.
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
« Last edit by nmathew on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:08 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Allena also waits for Oboro to confront Zark.

OOC: Ered is up, followed by Oboro, or Oboro first if Ered delays as well.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ered waits to see what Oboro has to say to Zark.

OOC: Delay until after Oboro. All the cool kids are doing it. ;)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Geron exchanges a look with Allena and Ered and nods imperceptibly at both of them. He then waits to see what the human woman priestess who allegedly didn't know she was smuggling illegal substances has to say.

OOC: Sounds good Nathan, Geron will delay until after Allena whe-...if it comes to blows. If Allena moves to i11 and uses a burst 3 divine sanction, it will mark 6 of the nine enemies. OOC in this OOC though, it's possible we might die in this battle because I have the feeling Zark is a story NPC meant to give us other missions from what Jonathan has set up so far. He might be too high level for us at this point.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 361
Location: Scottsdale
Looking at the faces of her comrades, Oboro realizes that everyone is waiting for her to take the lead in this situation. Recognizing and accepting this burden, Oboro summons the courage to overcome her nerves. Often timid in leadership roles, Oboro pushes away the churning feeling in her stomach and remembers that any sign of recklessness or weakness could be disastrous.

Standing as tall as she can at just over 6'1", Oboro strengthens her resolve and steps forward to address this villain in his den of evil. Knowing that if she fails, Zark and his gang would have all the advantages here. No sense in picking a fight in the heart of his turf; however, she must find some way to bring him to justice and prove her innocence.

Oboro figures her best shot at negotiations is to play the part of the made but paranoid smuggler. "I am Oboro of Suzail, agent of Ogen, high-priestess to the Temple of Ilmater, to negotiate a special delivery to Zark of Loudwater. I am here to negotiate the conclusion of its delivery; I regret to inform you that foul play seems to threaten the arrangement between our organizations."

Oboro carefully watches Zark while she speaks, attempting to get a read on the situation. At last, Oboro lowers her head slightly as she finishes her speech to show respect for Zark, however fictitious. Assuming that he demands respect like any corrupt leader, she hopes this will ingratiate her and the party to at least continue a civil discussion.

Insight check: +13 + 1 (24hrs): (1d20+14=25)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Zark hardly even flinches as Oboro speaks. However, she does notice that his eyes flare a bit in anger. (Insight success)

"Foul play? Whatever do you mean?" He laughs. "Now if you will just hand over the chest, I might just let you out of here with your lives. Then again, probably not." His laugh fills the room, echoed by his men and the hearty deep guffaws of his bodyguard.

Initiative Order
Oboro - 27/27 (7/7, 1 AP)
-->Allena - 40/40 (12/12, 1 AP)
Geron - 39/39 (13/13, 1 AP)
Ered - 35/35 (11/11, 1 AP)
Red Mercenary - no damage
Pink Mercenary - no damage
Teal Mercenary - no damage
Zark - no damage
Bodyguard - no damage
Marcus - 37/37 (11/11, 1 AP)
Berna - 29/29 (7/7, 1 AP)
Yellow Thug - no damage
Orange Thug - no damage
Green Thug - no damage
Blue Thug - no damage

OOC: 1 success vs 0 failures. Fight or talk, up to you.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
« Last edit by Jonathan Berg on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:56 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
Before the laughter completely subsides, Allena looks squarely at a nearby brute (Yellow Thug) and says, "What are you laughing at Chuckles? If things go badly, I promise you won't be leaving this room alive."
intimidate skill check (24Hr) (1d20+10+1=13)
With that, she returns her attentions to Zark. "I had hoped we wouldn't be resorting to death threats already. Someone in your situation must know the fate of the case. It's too bad your allies busted down the wall when they did. That ruckus lead to its discovery."

OOC: At least we know who yellow will be attacking when things turn nasty.
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"If you fight us we will be injured, but you will die. It is your choice." says Geron calmly, but loud enough for all in the chamber to hear. While looking through his skull mask, he tries to size up the enemies, especially the bodyguard next to Zark who might prove to be a worthy opponent.

Standard: 1d20+7+1+1=23 Intimidate roll, +1 24h, +1 skull mask
Free: 1d20+1=10, 1d20+7+1=28, 1d20+5+1=13, 1d20+1=11 Arcana, Dungeoneering, Nature, Religion rolls on the enemies

OOC: Intimidate roll of 23 for the skill challenge. The other rolls are to learn something about the enemies. If battle ensues, Geron will single out the bodyguard and keep him off the others.

User posted image

  • Geron Kalddar
    • Dwarf Resilient Battlemind, Level 2
    • Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
    • AC: 18 Fort: 15 Reflex: 11 Will: 17 Speed: 5, Initiative: 1
    • HP: 39, Bloodied: 19, Surge Value: 9, Surges: 13/13
    • Cast-Iron Stomach: +5 save vs poison
    • Stand Your Ground: -1 space forced movement / imm save vs prone att
    • Dwarven Resilience: second wind as minor action
    • Forgeborn Resistances: Acid: 2, Cold: 2, Fire: 2, Lightning: 2
    • Other Resistances: Necrotic: 5, Radiant: 0, Poison: 0, Thunder: 0, Force: 0
    • Powers
    • Battlemind's Demand (minor: burst 3, mark an enemy)
    • Blurred Step (free once/turn: shift one if marked adj enemy shifts)
    • Mind Spike (imm react: adj marked enemy damages ally without attacking me, reflect damage)
    • Conductive Defense
    • Iron Fist
    • Augment Points: 1 2
    • Battle Resilience (resist 7 until end of next turn when first hit or missed)
    • Dimension Slide (slide self or ally 1, teleport self or ally 3)
    • Elemental Legacy (+3 elemental damage when hitting)
    • Second Wind
    • Aspect of Elevated Harmony
    • Items
    • Scalemail
    • Greataxe
    • Skull Mask (+1 item bonus to intimidate, resist 5 necrotic, enemies who can see you take -2 penalty to saves vs fear)
    • New Psionic Powers
      • Conductive Defense
      • Your attack surrounds a foe with a shroud of crackling lightning, threatening retribution for strikes against your allies.
      • At-Will, Augmentable, Lightning, Psionic, Weapon
      • Standard Action, Melee 1
      • Target: One creature
      • Attack: Constitution vs. Reflex
      • Hit: 1W+Con modifier lightning damage. Until the start of your next turn, the target takes lightning damage equal to you Con modifier whenever it hits one of your allies.
      • Augment 1: As above, and, until the start of your next turn, the target also takes the lightning damage whenever it shifts to a square adjacent to one of your allies.
      • Augment 2: 2W+Con modifier lightning damage. Until the start of your next turn, the target takes lightning damage equal to you Con modifier whenever it hits one of your allies.
      • Dimension Slide
      • You bend the space around you to better position yourself and an ally on the battlefield.
      • Encounter, Psionic, Teleportation
      • Move Action, Ranged 5
      • Target: You and one ally
      • Effect: You slide one target 1 square and teleport the other target 3 squares.
      • _______________
        Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
The thug stiffens and tightens his grip on his weapon. Smiling a grin complete with a few missing teeth, he says, "You will be leaving dead before me." He nods, as though what he said was the epitome of intelligent banter. (Intimidate fail)

Geron calls out a challenge, and the skull-masked dwarf is frightening enough that it rattles a few bones, but not those of the bodyguard. (Intimidate success on the room as a whole, but the bodyguard cannot be intimidated)

Looking at the bodyguard, Geron can only tell he is human, as are all of those in the room other than Zark. The bodyguard is heavily muscled, and wields a fullblade in one hand. He does consistently flex his other hand, as though he is also a boxer.

Initiative Order
Oboro - 27/27 (7/7, 1 AP)
Allena - 40/40 (12/12, 1 AP)
Geron - 39/39 (13/13, 1 AP)
-->Ered - 35/35 (11/11, 1 AP)
Red Mercenary - no damage
Pink Mercenary - no damage
Teal Mercenary - no damage
Zark - no damage
Bodyguard - no damage
Marcus - 37/37 (11/11, 1 AP)
Berna - 29/29 (7/7, 1 AP)
Yellow Thug - no damage
Orange Thug - no damage
Green Thug - no damage
Blue Thug - no damage

OOC: 2 successes vs 1 failure. Fight or talk, up to you.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
« Last edit by Jonathan Berg on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:33 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ered tries to get a sense of if Zark's lackeys obey him out of fear or respect. THe answer could make a difference in how they proceed, either with words or with combat.

Insight (24H) (1d20+10+1=15)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Ered guesses that while some follow Zark only out of fear, any of this group would be very hard to persuade to leave his cause, at least at this juncture.

The rest of the room waits for the dwarf to speak. It is apparent he is getting a little angry. "Our game is at an end. Why are you here? Where is my chest? Tell me and Ogor here will kill you nice and quickly. Decline and he will break your fingers one by one, then your toes. Next your ribs, arms, legs and finally, when you beg for death, your neck."

Initiative Order
Oboro - 27/27 (7/7, 1 AP)
Allena - 40/40 (12/12, 1 AP)
Geron - 39/39 (13/13, 1 AP)
Ered - 35/35 (11/11, 1 AP)
Red Mercenary - no damage
Pink Mercenary - no damage
Teal Mercenary - no damage
Zark - no damage
Bodyguard - no damage
-->Marcus - 37/37 (11/11, 1 AP)
Berna - 29/29 (7/7, 1 AP)
Yellow Thug - no damage
Orange Thug - no damage
Green Thug - no damage
Blue Thug - no damage

OOC: 2 successes vs 1 failure. Fight or talk, up to you.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Member
Registered: Dec 2009
Posts: 115
Location: california
Marcus glares at the men standing by the walls, as if daring them to make a move.

Ready action: if any baddy attacks, howling strike charge against green thug, hitting AC 1d20+9=23 for 1d12+1d6+5+2=16 damage
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Not trusting anyone, Marcus prepares to strike in the case of treachery.

Initiative Order
Oboro - 27/27 (7/7, 1 AP)
Allena - 40/40 (12/12, 1 AP)
Geron - 39/39 (13/13, 1 AP)
Ered - 35/35 (11/11, 1 AP)
Red Mercenary - no damage
Pink Mercenary - no damage
Teal Mercenary - no damage
Zark - no damage
Bodyguard - no damage
Marcus - 37/37 (11/11, 1 AP), HS vs green readied
-->Berna - 29/29 (7/7, 1 AP)
Yellow Thug - no damage
Orange Thug - no damage
Green Thug - no damage
Blue Thug - no damage

OOC: 2 successes vs 1 failure. Fight or talk, up to you.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Knowing that she'd much prefer working with Zark, Berna tries to smooth things over. "Sorry for making waves; we're new in Loudwater. From what I've heard, you seem to be the real power in this town. I'm sure you heard about that dirtbag Harrowleaf arresting us." Just thinking about the captain makes the thief uncomfortable "Hell's Fire, he is damn full of himself! He sent us on some crazy job to kill some goblins, thought that's take care of us. But we showed that ass-candle, we killed them all."

She calms down and tries to get in Zark's good graces "Anyway, I heard you run a smooth operation here. We're not looking for trouble," then she glances at Geron and Marcus and amends, "at least, I'm not looking for trouble."

Streetwise (1d20+10+1=25)
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Zark smiles. "I am merely a humble servant of my Lady of Shadows, but yes, we do run this town. You are quite impressive, little one. Perhaps when I have finished with these pathetic creatures you associate with, I can offer you more lucrative employment." (Streetwise success)

The thugs look from one of you to the next. It is clear they have no idea what all this banter is about, and just want to whack at things with their heavy clubs.

Initiative Order
-->Oboro - 27/27 (7/7, 1 AP)
Allena - 40/40 (12/12, 1 AP)
Geron - 39/39 (13/13, 1 AP)
Ered - 35/35 (11/11, 1 AP)
Red Mercenary - no damage
Pink Mercenary - no damage
Teal Mercenary - no damage
Zark - no damage
Bodyguard - no damage
Marcus - 37/37 (11/11, 1 AP), HS vs green readied
Berna - 29/29 (7/7, 1 AP)
Yellow Thug - no damage
Orange Thug - no damage
Green Thug - no damage
Blue Thug - no damage

OOC: 3 successes vs 1 failure. Fight or talk, up to you.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 361
Location: Scottsdale
After successfully asserting herself, Oboro begins to feel a small yet profound sense of confidence. Having always relied on Ilmater, she begins to realize she can also rely on herself and her new-found allies. After she speaks, she is careful to gauge the reactions of her party in addition to the enemies. Noticing that the party is split between aggression and negotiation, she wonders how this "good-cop/bad-cop" strategy may play out. She hopes to influence the group to pursue information about the missing nephew, the prophecies sought by the Lady of Shadows, and bringing Zark and the Lady of Shadows to justice.

Threatening seems to have failed, but Berna maybe on the right track for getting to the bottom of this. Learning that Zark is only a lackey for the Lady of Shadows, Oboro decides she was smart to play the role of the undercover agent. Hopefully this angle will lead to clearing her name by bringing Zark, his gang, and the Lady of Shadows to justice.

In support of Berna, Oboro follows her lead despite the fact that Berna seems genuinely interested in thievery. Oboro guesses that Zark is not a tough as he looks and is more interested in making money than violence."Zark, we come here today offering our services as my associate alluded; Harrowleaf the corrupt and arrogant has surely stolen your chest." Remembering Zark's note found on Sancossug, Oboro hopes to discover more about the 'prophecies' and the Lady of Shadows. "There can be no doubt that the goblins had the secondary objective of delivering the Dreamseed into Harrowleaf's possession. His men arrived with the suspiciously perfect timing to seize the chest once the goblins had found it!"

Insight check: (1d20+13=24)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"Ah, so more of you than just the little one would like to make a little extra gold on the side. I might have use for you, but I obviously need to know I can trust you." Zark glances at Allena and Geron. "Especially you two." (Insight success)

Initiative Order
Oboro - 27/27 (7/7, 1 AP)
-->Allena - 40/40 (12/12, 1 AP)
Geron - 39/39 (13/13, 1 AP)
Ered - 35/35 (11/11, 1 AP)
Red Mercenary - no damage
Pink Mercenary - no damage
Teal Mercenary - no damage
Zark - no damage
Bodyguard - no damage
Marcus - 37/37 (11/11, 1 AP), HS vs green readied
Berna - 29/29 (7/7, 1 AP)
Yellow Thug - no damage
Orange Thug - no damage
Green Thug - no damage
Blue Thug - no damage

OOC: 4 successes vs 1 failure. You need 2 more successes before 2 failures. Fight or talk, up to you.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"Trust? Ha. I doubt you trust half the people in this room, let alone people walking past your incompetent doormen with smooth voices. If you want assurances, I'm here because I'm interested in seeing an elf boy reunited with his family. Since you hold the cards in that matter, I'm hoping we can come to an agreement."

Diplomacy roll (24Hr) (1d20+12+1=20)
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Zark chuckles and then smiles innocently. "I am sure I have no idea what elf child you are talking about. I might just keep you around for amusement, what with your morals and all. The dour one, I am not so sure." He glares at Geron. (Diplomacy success)

Initiative Order
Oboro - 27/27 (7/7, 1 AP)
Allena - 40/40 (12/12, 1 AP)
-->Geron - 39/39 (13/13, 1 AP)
Ered - 35/35 (11/11, 1 AP)
Red Mercenary - no damage
Pink Mercenary - no damage
Teal Mercenary - no damage
Zark - no damage
Bodyguard - no damage
Marcus - 37/37 (11/11, 1 AP), HS vs green readied
Berna - 29/29 (7/7, 1 AP)
Yellow Thug - no damage
Orange Thug - no damage
Green Thug - no damage
Blue Thug - no damage

OOC: 5 successes vs 1 failure. You need 1 more success before 2 failures. Fight or talk, up to you.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Geron glares back, his darkslate-gray eyes flashing for a moment. "As my human companion said. You wouldn't appreciate trust if you had it. Why waste words lying to you. As long as you are not the greatest evil or a direct threat to our kin, I see no reason to kill you this day."

He continues to glare at Zark unblinkingly through his skull mask, the intensity in his eyes increasing with every second. He never takes his eyes off the dwarf, never flinching, never showing the slightest sign of fear or uncertainty. Just like he would do when staring down a wild animal.

Standard: 1d20+12+1=29 Endurance roll, +1 24h

OOC: Not flinching, intending to win the staring contest. He who blinks first... If you don't like this kind of RP use of endurance, please feel free to substitute the roll with an intimidate roll (1d20+8+1+1; +1 24h, +1 skull mask).

User posted image

  • Geron Kalddar
    • Dwarf Resilient Battlemind, Level 2
    • Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
    • AC: 18 Fort: 15 Reflex: 11 Will: 17 Speed: 5, Initiative: 1
    • HP: 39, Bloodied: 19, Surge Value: 9, Surges: 13/13
    • Cast-Iron Stomach: +5 save vs poison
    • Stand Your Ground: -1 space forced movement / imm save vs prone att
    • Dwarven Resilience: second wind as minor action
    • Forgeborn Resistances: Acid: 2, Cold: 2, Fire: 2, Lightning: 2
    • Other Resistances: Necrotic: 5, Radiant: 0, Poison: 0, Thunder: 0, Force: 0
    • Powers
    • Battlemind's Demand (minor: burst 3, mark an enemy)
    • Blurred Step (free once/turn: shift one if marked adj enemy shifts)
    • Mind Spike (imm react: adj marked enemy damages ally without attacking me, reflect damage)
    • Conductive Defense
    • Iron Fist
    • Augment Points: 1 2
    • Battle Resilience (resist 7 until end of next turn when first hit or missed)
    • Dimension Slide (slide self or ally 1, teleport self or ally 3)
    • Elemental Legacy (+3 elemental damage when hitting)
    • Second Wind
    • Aspect of Elevated Harmony
    • Items
    • Scalemail
    • Greataxe
    • Skull Mask (+1 item bonus to intimidate, resist 5 necrotic, enemies who can see you take -2 penalty to saves vs fear)
    • New Psionic Powers
      • Conductive Defense
      • Your attack surrounds a foe with a shroud of crackling lightning, threatening retribution for strikes against your allies.
      • At-Will, Augmentable, Lightning, Psionic, Weapon
      • Standard Action, Melee 1
      • Target: One creature
      • Attack: Constitution vs. Reflex
      • Hit: 1W+Con modifier lightning damage. Until the start of your next turn, the target takes lightning damage equal to you Con modifier whenever it hits one of your allies.
      • Augment 1: As above, and, until the start of your next turn, the target also takes the lightning damage whenever it shifts to a square adjacent to one of your allies.
      • Augment 2: 2W+Con modifier lightning damage. Until the start of your next turn, the target takes lightning damage equal to you Con modifier whenever it hits one of your allies.
      • Dimension Slide
      • You bend the space around you to better position yourself and an ally on the battlefield.
      • Encounter, Psionic, Teleportation
      • Move Action, Ranged 5
      • Target: You and one ally
      • Effect: You slide one target 1 square and teleport the other target 3 squares.
      • _______________
        Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Zark glares back at Geron and, seemingly an eternity later, averts his eyes and flashes a smile. (Endurance success) "I can use that intensity. Very well, I will allow you all to join my little band... on a trial basis, of course. If you displease me, or show any signs of treachery, your deaths will be slow, painful, and rather public."

Zark's guards stand down, just a little. They still tense around their weapons, but no longer seem ready to strike.

Zark turns back to the group. "Let us get a few things straight. You will follow my orders without hesitation or questioning. If after your trial you have served me well, any still alive will be allowed to become members of our band. At that time, and only at that time, will you be privy to any information. Are we clear?

Now then, there is an item, a relic if you will, that I would like possession of. It is a staff, said to be in an abandoned temple to Moradin in the High Moor. I would like for you to bring it to me."


OOC: The group receives 900 XP for negotiating with Zark.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"I guess that means you finally located Draigdurroth's Tower..."
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)

Page: « < ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 >

DeadGoblins.com » Forgotten Realms » Loudwater

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software