DeadGoblins.com » Forgotten Realms » Loudwater

Loudwater

Moderators: Jonathan Berg, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Filthy ogre king!" scoffs Geron and spits on the remains. He then moves off a bit to gather his reserves and clean his axe.

OOC: Using two surges to get to max hp and down to 2 surges. Nothing else planned.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ered picks up the totem and examines it. "I could have used this a few minutes ago. Still, should be useful." He tucks the new totem into his belt.

OOC: Woohoo!
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
OOC: What next?
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
OOC: Can you show us the dungeon map please? I forget what our options are.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
OOC: You are completely done with this dungeon. So I guess options would be to head back to Loudwater and talk to Captain Harrowleaf or Lady Moonfire, search for Zark, try to find Draigdurroth's Tower, or wander around the world at your leisure. =) Also, extended rest or not?
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Let's rest outside this cesspit and then head back to Loudwater and talk to that insolent human, Captain Harrowleaf."

OOC: Let's exit the dungeon then, extended rest outside, head back to Loudwater and report to the Captain.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Fatigued, Ered simply nods in agreement with Geron.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Berna disagrees "Captain Harrowleaf!? Are you crazy? He'll just want to lock us back up in jail for some imaginary infraction. No way!" She stamps her foot for emphasis then continues "I say we head back to town and find this Zark character. I'd much rather learn more about him."

OOC: I'm fine with having an extended rest outside and then head back to town, but want to avoid the authorities.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
OOC: I have 2 votes for Harrowleaf, 1 for trying to find Zark. Once we have a majority (or tomorrow evening), we will continue.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Leading the way back up the surface, alongside Allena, Geron responds to Berna without looking back. "It sounds like you want to find Zark for dubious purposes or do you mean for us to kill him?"
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"One moment people. I have a promise to keep." With those words, Allena goes about the grizzly process of removing the shaman's head from his body. Once outside, she asks Geron, "I hate to ask, but could you help me get a suitable stake planted to hang this from? It's not a fun job, but I figured that you, of anyone, would understand needing to follow through on an oath.

As for our future plans, I promised to return to Captain Harrowleaf. I don't feel particularly bound by that promise, it was extracted under duress, but we have performed the duty required to clear our names...odd as that duty may have been considering the supposed infraction. Berna, if you like, I can present myself to Harrowleaf, and you can see how things go. Honestly, I'm not cut out for returning and moving about Loudwater unseen. "


Musing to herself, Allena rolls the title Lady of Shadows around in her head. It almost sounded like a religious title.
Insight, religion, and streetwise checks for Lady of Shadows and the note in general. (1d20+7+1=14, 1d20+4+1=18, 1d20+4+1=20)
"Hey, has anyone heard of this Draigdurroth's Tower?"
arcana, dungeoneering, history, religion checks for Draigdurroth's Tower (1d20+1-1=17, 1d20+2+1=13, 1d20+1-1=5, 1d20+4+1=18)

OOC: Allena will use 1 surge, bringing her to 30/34. Could I use a leader bonus or two to top off, please? I'm all in favor of the extended rest. I'd also like to try and find this Draigdurroth's Tower in the near future.
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Geron grins for the first time any but Ered have seen, hearing Allena's suggestion. "Yes, an oath must be kept, no matter the consequences and this one sounds like it will be a great message to all filth nearby." he says and helps Allena with her task of staking the shaman's head. He also nods with her suggestion of meeting Harrowleaf as opposed to sneaking about.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Member
Registered: Dec 2009
Posts: 115
Location: california
I agree with Ered and Geron, let's take a break, then go and talk with the Insolent human" says Marcus, while examining a cut on his arm. "He might have something interesting to say, and, if he tries to throw us in jail, we can just kill him." Marcus looks up from his arm. "I mean, he obviously wasn't much of a fighter: he was wearing white armor. Anyone who's seen there share of blood would agree that if he had ever been in any real fights, it would show right up like, big pink splotches." Marcus starts moving his hands over his chest, as thought to show where splotches might be.

OOC: Marcus will use two healing surges. Do those come back after resting? If they do, and we do rest, I'll use all four I got left
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Allena knows nothing about the Lady of Shadows other than she is in theory Zark's master. Some doubt she exists to begin with; others attribute all crime in Loudwater and the surrounding countryside to her doing. Nobody claims to have seen her - at least nobody living. She also remembers reading a book about wacky religious prophecies, and the warlock Draigdurroth seemed to be at the center of much of it. Most commonly accepted authorities on prophecy have dismissed his as the rantings of a mad man. It is said that, being rejected by the world, he locked himself in his tower, killed himself, and so doing, activated a spell that would protect his tower - and therefore his prophecies - for the rest of time.

Geron aiding, Allena removes Sancossug's head (or what is left of it after the battle), and finds a branch to stake it from as a warning. It makes camp smell a little like death and refuse, but sleep never felt better. You all wake up rested to head back to Loudwater.

OOC: Yes, Sam. Extended rest resets your surges, regains the use of all daily powers, and resets action points to 1.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Berna mutters sullenly "I never promised to return to Harrowleaf," but acquiesces, not wanting to get in more trouble with the law.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Upon waking, you head back to Loudwater. The Dire Woods don't seem so dire in the morning light, and the walk is actually quite pleasant. This being the day after a major attack on the city, you are unsurprised to be stopped at the city gate by guards, seemingly more vigilant than normal. But, explaining who you are, they wave you through and escort you to the City Guard headquarters.

Harrowleaf does not keep you waiting long, coming out from a back room. "Well, have you been successful?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Yes." responds Geron curtly.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Harrowleaf glares down at the dwarf, and responds dryly. "That is good to hear. The city owes you a great debt. Now come with me." He turns and walks past you out the door of the guard building. He glances back over his shoulder, and it is clear he wishes you to follow him. A couple of guards glance at you and nervously cough.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Berna follows silently. She tries to stay as small and unremarkable as possible.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I trust you're not leading up back to that cell?," Ered asks Harrowleaf.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 361
Location: Scottsdale
Oboro raises an eyebrow at Ered in recognition of this possible dilemma. However, she feels it best to remain quiet as the group seems to be following a desired course of action. By returning to Harrowleaf, she might have an opportunity to clear her name.

Oboro's proud name refuses to accept the false blemish on her reputation. Since slaying the chief goblin, her mind has returned to task of restoring honor to her name. At last she concludes that she must pay Zark a visit next. She thinks, "if we can bring Zark to justice, he will be forced to take responsibility for the dreamseed."
« Last edit by Ari on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:15 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
The captain doesn't respond, but keeps walking. He leads you out of the Guards Headquarters and down the street to a beautiful manor house that you know to be the personal residence of the city's leader, Lady Moonfire. Entering, you see that the house is very lavishly decorated, and would be the rival of anything in Suzail or even Waterdeep. Carpets are plush; furniture is wooden and ornate with golden trimmings. From the gardens, you can hear the sounds of music and conversation, as though a large party is going on.

Following Harrowleaf, you walk through the house and into the back, where a terraced landscaped garden greets your eyes. A bridge crosses over a fish pond which is fed by a waterfall. Perhaps fifty of Loudwater's elite talk fairly loudly in small groups, stopping only to snatch a glass of wine or a delicate pastry from a passing servant.

The captain, you in tow, approaches a nearby group of three such people - two human males and a half elf female - and softly clears his voice. Immediately, conversation stops, as everyone in the gathering, servants included, turns toward you, suddenly aware of your presence. The two human males beg leave, and the half elf turns your direction. She is one of the more beautiful women you have ever seen, the sparkle in her eyes outdone only by the sparkle of the jewels in her hair, around her neck, and on her hands. She wears a dress of a style popular with elves currently, form fitting, leaving little to the imagination. Captain Harrowleaf leans in and whispers a few words in her ear, then, bowing, exits, glaring coldly at Geron on his way. After he parts, the half elf speaks.

User posted image

"I am Lady Vanessa Moonfire. Hmm. This is funny. You don't LOOK like criminals to me. Well, maybe the scowling dwarf, but the rest of you look nice. Harrowleaf told me not to trust you, but he says that about EVERYONE. He is SO overprotective, but I guess that's why he's the captain. Do you like parties? I just love parties. This one is small as we didn't know you would be here, but if we did, we would have invited more people as I just LOVE having people meet new friends. Don't you? Of course you do. I remember one time, Lady Timmerkind - she's the one over there with the big red hat - came to one of my parties and said she didn't want to meet anybody new, but then she did, and she and Lord Grandwall have been friends... well, more than friends, but you get what I am saying... ever since. And the Lady Ludmilla over there, well, don't even get me started on how many she has charmed at our little gatherings. Then again, she does have seventy years of experience! Oh my, here I am blabbing on and on. Do come in and enjoy yourselves while I think of a suitable reward for your heroism."

Skill Challenge: Awkward Social Settings
The true hero knows that wars are waged not only on the battlefield with soldiers in armor, but also at parties with old women in dresses. They pay better.

Skill challenge level 2 - You need 6 successes before 3 failures.
Use any skills you feel would be appropriate. We are playing with the new skill challenge rules, so up to 4 aids per check, with successful ones giving +2, unsuccessful giving -1. Feel free to go in any order, but everyone needs to go before anyone can go twice.

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
As they walk through the manor house, Berna keeps her eyes open. Perception (1d20+1+6=19) She carefully catalogs the finer, more portable pieces as she walks by:a swan-shaped golden bowl, a pair of delicate golden candlesticks, some old looking paintings that could easily be stripped from their frames and rolled up tightly...

After she hears Lady Moonfires invitation she responds "Oh yes, we love parties. Friends to make and tidbits to share." Then her face lights up as if she just remembered something and continues in a conspiratorial tone, "Actually I heard that Lady Timmerkind and Lord Grandwall have been having some problems lately. I think it had something do with her sister-in-law." Bluff (1d20+9+1=20)
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
With a smile, Allena steps forward in an effort to speak before Marcus or Geron. "Lady Moonfire, I am Allena Walmod, warrior of Amaunator and former sergeant of the Knights of Silver. I can assure you that the unfortunate incident you speak of was a simple misunderstanding.

I must humbly beg forgiveness for my, and my companions, shoddy appearance. Had we known you were throwing a party, we would have changed. Being ignorant, we came as quickly as we could to give the joyous news that the Ogre King's high priest has been vanquished.

Now, you must tell me about that necklace. It's exquisite. "


Diplomacy roll (24Hr) (1d20+11+1=20)

OOC: Next turn, I'm thinking of trying a slightly higher risk insight roll to see if I can scrounge up some additional information. If someone is somewhat lacking in social skills and wants to aid Allena for that roll, feel free.
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 361
Location: Scottsdale
Oboro catches what appears to be Lord Grandwall gawking in the exact direction of her chest. Perception check + 6 +1: (1d20+7=27)

Immediately, forcefully, yet discretely, she presents the white rose hanging around her neck, an expression of her commitments. With stern eyes she shakes her finger in an aggressive manner to serve as a warning. Although offended, she does try to keep the gestures between Grandwall and herself.
Intimidate + 9 +1: (1d20+10=28)


OOC: I hope this works for my turn.

Page: « < ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > »

DeadGoblins.com » Forgotten Realms » Loudwater

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software