DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » The Temple Between

The Temple Between

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:20 am. »
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth sighs

"No good deeds go unpunished apparently. Despite our best efforts we were unsuccessful on a rescue mission. We did not set out to hurt anyone, but some grieving villagers let their emotions run wild an took it out on us. In defending ourselves, the only thing we hurt was their pride."

OOC: Should have my sheet later tonight... I'm contemplating retraining a few things since so much stuff has come out since I put Daggoth together... There's even an at will that knocks people prone :twisted:
« Last edit by marek on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:28 am. »
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Greeting the dwarf, Hedoni says, "Well met, Kalad. The rumors aren't true - as Daggoth says, our lack of success was exploited by various forces, and there were some unfortunate incidents. But no innocents were harmed by our hand through bad intentions, that much I can assure you."
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I was not myself when dealing with the disappointed villagers, but none came to harm in the end. I don't suppose there are any rumors about the imposter professer we defeated at Olorin's?"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni chimes in again, "Good point, old friend. Or about the temple of evil creatures we eliminated, or the vast armies we helped stop invading..."

"It's always the bad news the spreads fastest, it seems."
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Recalling that Kalad is a very serious person and wouldn't be asking if he didn't want to know the truth, Ravenblade begins speaking. "Kalad! Greetings! We truly did not butcher anyone at Red Rock. We went to an old githyanki monastery to prevent a ritual to Yeenoghu. After succeeding and passing back through Red Rock, the villagers asked if we could try finding their missing children. We had noticed in the monastery that the gnolls there had transformed many of the children into thralls. Returning to the monastery to see if any could be saved, we found three dying children locked up in cells. They were on the verge of death and we tried very hard to save them. Sadly, they did not survive. When we brought their corpses back to Red Rock, the villagers accused us of killing them. Things got out of hand and Daggoth here decided to stun them with his cold breath before anyone got hurt. That is the truth of things." explains Ravenblade in detail, with an earnest expression and serious tone of voice.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:53 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:44 pm. »
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"By Moradin's grace this axe has served me well, and spilled much blood."

Daggoth digs into his pack and gingerly hands the axe to Kalad.

"Your offer is very generous."


OOC: Ok... so now I have 800 + ... something... gold. Shoulda kept track...
« Last edit by marek on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:27 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
marek wrote
OOC: Ok... so now I have 800 + ... something... gold. Shoulda kept track...


Oy. So far the group has acquired 14,830gp worth of loot. I believe Daggoth had previously purchased a level 4 neck item for 800 gold. This puts his individual money tally now at about 2900 gold.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Hmmmm....that's good of you Daggoth. Kalad, good luck with rebuilding the monastery. Let us know if you are troubled my maruading orcs."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Kalad scowls at Ravenblade and erupts "Holy Creator preserve me! Do you have fungus plugging up your ears? I said am now working at the Old Temple of Moradin; it is in the Divine Knot here in Overlook." His anger turns to grief "I cannot bear to return to the Monastery - the brotherhood of the Sundered Chain, the entire order, is lost!"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Taken aback for a moment and confused, Ravenblade scratches his head and tries to think. "Oh, okay then. Well, good luck here. I suppose if you have trouble with rats or something, try not to kill them and....never mind." he finishes and looks around, eager to leave.

OOC: oops, :D
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Good luck, Kalad. We will definitely work on our reputation."

Mal tries to find Amyria.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Mal sets off to find Amyria at the Temple of Bahamut. Daggoth departs to find Jalissa. The rest of you go shopping and find amusements that suit you. You agree to meet at the Temple of Ioun the next morning to follow up with Gy.

OOC: With Viktor and Mike on vacation this weekend, I don't foresee much action until Monday. Feel free to do what you will in the city.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal finds Amyria at the Temple of Bahamut.

  •  For Amyria only,
    • "Amyria, I am sorry for the events that ended our acquaintance so abruptly. We were able to seek out help for my cousin, and won his soul back from the demon who had conned him. His behavior has become less erratic, and he even has shown some kindness and humility. However, that does not excuse his prior behavior, or even the Liberators, including myself as their leader, from associating with him while he was in such a state. You know the truth behind the rumors that have tainted our reputation and you know that we did our best to protect those villagers."
      _______________
      Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
      Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
At the Temple of Bahamut:
  •   For Mal only
      Amyria looks up from her meditation. The deva is tired and worried, and seems to be carrying a great burden on her shoulders. She smiles faintly upon seeing the warlord. "Hello Mal. Thank you for coming to see me. I am glad to hear that Salazar is better. You know I was not at all comfortable with his, or Daggoth's, actions in Red Rock. The weak and innocent should never, EVER be harmed. Quite the opposite. Of course the rumors surrounding the incident in Red Rock are exaggerated. Yet, this is a perfect example of why it is crucial to hold to the highest moral compass at all times..." Amyria gets a far off look in her eyes and seems to forget what she was saying.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Later that day, Hedoni gets a visit from Y’lin. She is as vivacious and lovely as ever.
"Hedoni! How are you! You look fabulous. All that adventuring certainly agrees with you. Oh, but we must catch up." She winks at him "You must come to dinner. You can bring your friends if you like." Her expression sinks a bit as she sulks, "Oh, and my father wanted to see you as well."

She hands him a note.
  •   For Hedoni only:
      Dear Mr. Mindartis,
      Please excuse this method of communication, but I have reason to doubt some of my previously trustworthy channels. As you have been of great help to me in the past, I would ask a favor of you. Please join me this evening at my home and we can discuss the situation after dinner.
      Yours in Gratitude,
      Baron Corsarn
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
  •  For Amyria only:
    • "Yes, of course, you are correct. As I said before, my leadership had been weak and I practically let them run amuck. They had done a few things against my, let's call it advice, and I let that affect me. I basically gave up for a time, but I now know that was wrong. Instead, I should have been more forceful until they were brought into line. Thank you for helping to show me the way. I hope we shall see each other again, soon, and that The Liberators will have earned back our reputation."
      _______________
      Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
      Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
  •   For Mal only
      Amyria's faces looses it's far off look and she focues on Mal again. "I must do much traveling and quickly. This place, the Elsir Vale and the entire region, is in danger. I need to assess the situation and establish a network of connections in other cities. I fear that we are facing an evil larger than any of us can handle on our own. I will say no more now, but I need to know that you and your group will help. Can I count on you for support?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
  •  For Amyria only:
    • "Absolutely, Amyria. The Liberators are at your service."
      _______________
      Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
      Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Still at the Temple of Bahamut
  •   For Mal only
      Amyria replies ""Thank you. I have a feeling your help will make all the difference." As Mal is about to leave Amyria comments "You know, there is something odd about the High Priest here. Believe me, I know the teachings and precepts of the Great Platinum Dragon better than anyone, and ..." she pauses as an underpriest walks by "Let me just say that the way he conducts worship here is more like an actor playing a part." She shrugs "Who can say, perhaps he is just tired." Then the deva bids Mal farewell.

      As Mal leaves the Temple of Bahamut he passes by the old Temple of Moradin. The amount of work going on here makes the place look less like a house of worship and more like an anthill on a massive scale. Workers of all races scurry through doors and windows, clambering up scaffolds of wood and iron. The sounds of grunts, curses, shouted orders, and the monotonous thump of hammers on nails make it all but impossible to hear himself think.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Meanwhile, at Jalissa's place:
  •   For Daggoth only
      Amongst many other things, Jalissa says ""You know, I’m worried about Gy. He hasn’t shown up at the Temple for several days. It is so unlike him. I even went to his home to see if he was sick or something, but I could find no sign of him or his wife Haelyn. I'm worried about him. Maybe you could find out is he is alright?

      OOC: Sorry, no smut. Just plot stuff :)
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
While the party splits up to attend to their separate tasks, Salazar decides to do some shopping. He finds a pair of gloves that the shopkeeper assures him will help finish off weakened foes, and decides they'd be helpful. "I'll take them!"

OOC: Salazar purchases Gauntlets of Blood (Level 4) for 840 GP. They grant him +2 to damage against bloodied foes.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Salazar makes his way through the city as he goes shopping.
  •   For Salazar only
      At first the four concentric towering city walls of Overlook seem unchanged, rising solidly overhead, dividing the city into its various districts. However, soon you can see that all is not as it was the last time you were here. A great mass of activity bustles around the city walls, people lugging stone and timber this way and that, all beneath the watchful eyes of sentinels who stand dutifully atop the walls.

      One particular blond-bearded dwarf in plate armor—an officer, you would assume—stands atop the gate shouting orders to everyone in sight. Although the activity doesn’t appear especially rushed or frantic—indeed, you see people pausing to talk or jest with one another as they work (and when the officer isn’t looking)—it appears as though Overlook were fortifying and possibly mobilizing for war.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
  •  DM Only
      Salazar approaches the officer.

      "Greetings! This is quite a flurry of activity you've got going on here. Is there another orc tribe making for the city?"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » The Temple Between

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software