DeadGoblins.com » Points of Light » Keep on the Shadowfell

Keep on the Shadowfell

Moderators: Emily, Gary, Jonathan Berg, Josh, Michael Doss, Viktor.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:36 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Feeling shy in this new place with a group of strange companions, Edeya hesitates before saying anything. Instead, she turns her attention to the mural and map. All the strange names and foreign architecture make her feel a pang of homesickness.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Oh, is there a library here?" Azad exclaims when looking at the map.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
A passing adolescent boy hears Azad's question and, although clearly a little daunted by the group, answers. "A library? Naww. We're not that fancy-pansy. Maybe Lord Padraig or Valthrun collect books or something though." He then scurries off, when Demuriath turns his cold eyes on him.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Azad looks a bit crestfallen, but then cheers up.

"I'll have to visit these lords while we're here!"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Edeya frowns at Azad's sudden interest in finding a library. "Azad, we're here to find out about that desideratum stuff. Not look for good novels. Remember? Perhaps we should try to find this Bairwin to whom that mysterious letter was addressed?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Azad sighs. "You're right, Edeya. Duty first. I agree, Bairwin seems like a good place to start."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Demuriath is comfortable letting others make insignificant decision such as where the group goes. Life vs death is the only choice of any importance in the world.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Let's go."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Azad asks a nearby woman politely where Bairwin might be found and she points to a spot on the map, indicating his store. Reading the legend in tiny writing you read:

Bairwin's Grand Shoppe


OOC: Can I assume that Azad is the appointed leader here since she is agreeing that Bairwin's is a good place to start, the group will head that way? It's not the typical "let's vote" way we've been doing things, but I think it will flow better for city scenes. Everyone of course has a veto right. I'm thinking Azad is the obvious choice based on her personality compared to everyone else's. Also, in case you didn't notice, I've also posted Winterhaven and the locations in the geography thread.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"That wasn't so hard," Azad says upon finding the man's shop on the map.

OOC: At the very least, Azad is the obvious spokesperson. :)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
You make your way to Bairwin's Shoppe, garnering furtive glances from many of the townsfolk. As you enter his store, a bell tinkles to announce your arrival. Looking around, you see all sorts of mundane items and even some stranger, exotic looking ones. It's clear that Bairwin is able to supply some magical items in addition to basic necessities.

A bespectacled, middle-aged man wearing lavish garments of purple and black stands behind the counter. "Welcome, welcome! I'm Bairwin Wildarson at your service! I can tell you're not from around here, so might I interest you in some exotic merchandise for your travels?"
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"We actually noticed that the roads were empty on the way here. Has there been any trouble in the area recently?" Azad asks.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Demuriath stands near the door and observes. He also takes a moment to look around the shop.

insight, perception, arcana (1d20+4+1=14, 1d20+9+1=22, 1d20=17) 14 insight, 22 perception, 17 arcane
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"With a shop as fine as this in such a small town, surely plenty of adventurers pass through. Have any of them investigated the kobold issue?"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Adventurers? Do you mean people looking for some fame and fortune with their blades? No, can't say that any have come by or tried to help us out with the kobolds."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Might I ask who your usual clientel is, then?"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"My clientel? What an odd question for a customer. I manage to sell most of my more interesting wares when I can. To passing travelers mostly or occasionally to rich buyers in Fallcrest."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Going with a more direct, but maybe less tactful route, Edeya asks "Do you have any desideratum? Or perhaps can you guess why someone wanted you to have this note?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Desider-what? What note?" he asks. He looks at the bloodied note that Edeya shows him and takes a long moment to read it carefully. Both Edeya and Harkin watch his facial expression carefully, trying gain some insight into his reaction. While Harkin absent-mindedly scratches his armpits, Edeya notices absolutely no reaction, which is very odd considering the text of the note and all the blood. Finally, Bairwin looks up and straightens his spectacles. "This is a very strange note and very hard to read. What are you talking about anyway? Who wanted me to have this?"
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Bairwin's lack of reaction to the blood spattered note seems suspicious. Edeya takes on harder tone "Come now. Don't play the fool. You must know something of this."

Then she continues in a more normal tone "I think the mage called himself "Lightshade." Actually he said he was just supposed to slip it under your door. Maybe it was meant for someone else here. Do you have other shopkeepers or relatives who work here?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Lightsh..." he begins, his face blanching. He quickly recovers however, but his expression isn't friendly anymore. "A mage you say. I'm sure you must be mistaken. I don't know why any mage would send me notes and there's nobody else working here except me. I think, unless you are going buy something, you should all leave now. I doubt Lord Padraig would long tolerate strangers in town harassing our storekeepers with crazy accusations." he finishes with a threatening tone and points towards the exit, beckoning for you to leave.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Harkin has never felt so out of place in his life. Even in this small town there were way too many people, to many strange smells, and too much noise... steeling himself he knew that he would have to just deal with it for the time being.

Harkin, still not one to talk much, has been listening carefully. After hearing all the talk about the kobold attacks he realizes joining with this crew will definitely lead to more dead kobolds than hunting them on his own.

Looking at the floor, Harkin mutters to himself, lost in his thoughts he does not even hear the shopkeeper demanding their exit.
"Kobolds and more Kobolds. Nuisance to forest and town alike. Perhaps common enemies will help bring new allies."

He contemplatively scratches his chin, and a few twigs are knocked loose from his scruffy beard and fall to the floor.
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Bairwin is still looking very annoyed and pointing his finger towards the exit, beckoning for you all to leave.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Points of Light » Keep on the Shadowfell

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software