DeadGoblins.com » Points of Light » Prologue

Prologue

Moderators: Emily, Gary, Jonathan Berg, Josh, Michael Doss, Viktor.

Page: « < ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I'd answer him, if I were you," Azad says. "He's not too stable, you know."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
The spellcaster looks to Azad in concern, then back at Demuriath.

"Remember your promise....I do not know where the relic is now. We came here five days ago and killed everyone. The one named Lightshade then performed a ritual to release the relic from it's bindings. I never saw what it was, but he then took it and left the abbey quickly with the others. I was left behind to raise the ancient skeletons to haunt this place evermore."

He again looks at Demuriath directly in the eyes. "You promised. I MUST die. It is the ultimate sacrifice to my Lord. I sense that you understand this." he says in a soft, sibilant voice.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:45 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Demuriath repeats his earlier questions. "Once you answer me fully and honestly, I will release you from this life."
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"I have done so....I suppose it was too much too expect from the likes of you."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
OOC: Demuriath will kill him once everyone is satisfied. Let me know.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Seems to me he's telling the truth," Azad says. "Part of me still wants to take him to the authorities, if he'd rather die so much. But Demuriath gave his word, and I'd not ask him to break it."

OOC: Coup de grace time. ;)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
And I asked you who this letter was for!
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
The man looks at Azad, then at Edeya.

"The letter? Ha! I do not know who it was meant for since it's covered with blood. All I know is that I was supposed to slip it under the door of a man named...Bairwin, in Winterhaven." he says.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"I think he has lived up to his side of the bargain."
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
The man sits up straighter and sticks his chest out in expectation.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
The gnome turns around, starts walking away, and says, "I don't think I can watch this."

OOC: If that was too subtle, Corydimbiddle is done.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Silently, Demuriath slits the man's throat, offering his soul to the Raven Queen. He watches the other's eyes carefully, waiting for them to go dim.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
As Demuriath is begins slitting the man's throat, he appears to smile with his eyes closed and quickly whispers something only the avenger can hear, "Dark Lord take me." before gurgling to his death. He does not seem to be afraid, or suffering from pain, but looks content. It is the first time Demuriath ever saw such a sentiment in a dying man's face and it chills his spine while also making him wonder if death may indeed be a place worth visiting. Seconds later, the evil spellcaster lies still on the floor in a pool of his own blood.

After the deed is done, the rest of you search the two rooms in the Abbey. One is a single bedroom and the other is a storage room. You find nothing of interest, just signs of struggle and blood stains. You head outside the Abbey main building and poke around the ruins of nearby structures for a while. It appears that most of the skeletons from the cemetary had broken out of their graves before toppling into heaps. The only other semi-intact structure was obviously a communal sleeping area and must have been where the priests of Bahamut were attacked and killed, judging by all the blood.

As the sun begins dropping below the horizon, you stand looking west across the Gardbury Downs, towards where Winterhaven must lie.

User posted image

You decide it would be unwise to travel at night and make camp in the ruins. Daria is very still and appears to be having a difficult time recovering from the day's events. She quietly tells Edeya that she must head back to Fallcrest and report their failure to the Council and asks if the rest of you could escort her to the relative safety of the eastern edge of the Downs, which you agree to do the next day. Not feeling in the least bit safe this night, you decide to set up a rotation of guard duty, not wanting to be surprised by anything. However, none of you can't quite bring yourselves to sleep just yet.

OOC: We will be stopping at this point, but feel free to discuss the events so far in character. Play will resume once Marek has his character ready. I am hoping he will be done before the weekend is over.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Seeing Demuriath execute the caster, Edeya grimaces. The sight of the man's neck bleeding out doesn't bother her as much as her brother's eagerness and interest in it.

As they leave the Abby, Edeya asks Daria "What happened back there? I am still confused. What about that special substance we were supposed to find?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Daria looks shocked and disgusted by Demuriath's actions and avoids his gaze for the rest of the evening. She tries to answer Edeya's questions as best she can. "I'm not sure. High Priest Grundelmar explained to me that the ritual of retrieval would somehow bring this desideratum, this substance as you call it, into our plane of existence. I wonder if the relic that man was talking about might be the same thing. High Priest Grundelmar didn't know what exactly the desideratum is so I suppose it could be a relic or something entirely different."

She then grabs Edeya by the shoulder, practically clinging on to her, and whispers. "I...I can't believe what that man did. I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings, but killing that man in cold blood like that felt almost like just as evil an act as raising undead. Is he...is he really your brother? I'm finding that hard to believe."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:19 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Edeya nods and listens to Daria's explanation of what happened at the Abby. Then she frowns at her friend's horror of Demuriath. "Oh, yes, I do believe his is my brother. From the way my family and community spoke of him, he seems to fit the description perfectly. He is an utter disgrace. I am still rather shocked by the thought of it and by having run into him."

She thinks a moment to herself about Demuriath. Edeya isn't really satisfied with Azad's belief that a romantic relationship with cure him. The monk decides to seek a second opinion about how to handle her brother.

She approaches the gnome "Excuse me, you are an inventor yes? Have you done any research Mr. Dimbiddle?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Hmmm?" The gnome seems to be thinking off in his own little world, when he realizes the question was directed at him. "Oh, why certainly, I am. Would you like to use my scratchbackinator?" The artificer asks as he roots through his bag, pulls out something and shows it to her. "It does wonders for stress and you seem like you could use it.

Research? Hmmm. I don't know if you would call it research. I kind of just come up with an idea and throw some parts together to see if they work. Sometimes it is something I can sell. Sometimes it is something I can use. Sometimes it blows up in my face. I know some other tinkerers that try to invent wild new objects like weapons and such and they are constantly trying to learn from others' devices. We generally have a correspondence with each other. But I always just wanted to make small improvements in people's lives, so I didn't feel a need for grand ideas. Of course, that kept me in my village for far too long and I feel a bit old for this adventure, especially surrounded by so many fit youngsters. It was quite exciting at times, though, wasn't it?"
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Edeya looks at the back-scratcher curiously but does not touch it. As the gnome rambles on, Edeya looks disappointed "I'm not quite sure "exciting" would be the word I would use for that brush with the undead. But coming back to my main point, you've never come across any social research, for example on family dynamics?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Demuriath sits in the shadows by himself. Shadows have always been a comfort. He ponders the events of the day, and the interesting development of the caster looking forward to his death.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
As the group sits, Azad can be seen writing in a leather-bound journal, occasionally stopping for a few moments to think before continuing on with whatever she's writing.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Hmmm. Family dynamics? I am sorry, Edeya, but I have not had much use for studying people. Well, except the people coming into my shop. I watch them so that I can match an appropriate device with their needs. Unfortunately, I do not have my workshop with me, so I can't really help you at the moment. I can work on something, though, if you want."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Some of you continue discussing recent events and try to understand what they might portend. At last, fatigue overcomes you and you lay yourselves to rest, alternating guard duty. You wonder if the next day promises to be just as exciting and dangerous as the last.

OOC: Marek's character is ready. We'll be continuing tomorrow. Good night.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
A live dwarf holds no interest for Demuriath, so he waits for his companions to address it. He does, however, think the boulders would make an excellent spot for an ambush, so he looks at those carefully.

OOC: Delay until after Azad.

perception on boulders (1d20+9+1=13)
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Demuriath remains silent as ever, looking around idly, but seeing nothing but dirt, trees, and rocks.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)

Page: « < ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 > »

DeadGoblins.com » Points of Light » Prologue

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software