DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Den of the Destroyer

Den of the Destroyer

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 >

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade calmly unhooks his craghammers.

He says.

"I would rather be branded a coward than a murderer. We should leave while we can."

He adds, "However, we may need to take care of the enemy within to prevent more innocent blood from being shed, prior to fleeing." he says meaningfully, with a poorly concealed furtive glance at Salazar.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
OOC: The way I see it you can 1) fight the villagers with or without killing them 2)somehow convince Salazar to flee with you or 3)attack and subdue Salazar and then flee with him. In any case, you cannot reason with the angry villagers now; they will attack you.

Of course these are just some ideas, you may have better ones.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Hedoni! We can try holding them off. Maybe you can twist us all to safety or something. Mal, Daggoth, Amyria, and I can take up a defensive guard to give you the chance to do your magic. Let's NOT kill anyone else today!"
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"I think leaving would be a good idea." Amyria turns to Salazer. "NOW!"
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
To the villagers, Hedoni says, "I will not attack you - but it's in your best interest to leave before someone gets hurt!"

Then in a more directed but quieter voice, he says to his comrades, "We must not injure these people - we also need to leave, now. "

Hedoni won't act except in response to Salazar attacking. He will ready Twist of Space on the first sign of Salazar casting a spell.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"You disappoint me," Salazar snears at the Liberators. "What use is all our power if we flee before rabble like this?"

OOC: Heh. I see five readied actions triggering the instant Salazar so much as blinks.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade wonders if logic will work with Salazar at this point. He tries something else. "Salazar! I can step on an ant and kill it without any effort at all. Does that make me powerful? No! It is weak to think that just because you can kill, you should kill. Only the strongest of men have the power to hold back and use their abilities wisely. Burning down this village would not prove your might. It would prove that you are too weak to control your powers! You must control them! Don't let them control you!"

OOC: We have an initiative order, so at some point we should each take our turns, readied actions or whatever.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I... I am in control! I have no master! My power serves ME! I am no one's puppet!"

As he speaks, Salazar begins to twitch violently, and his eyes begin to glow an ominous red.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
OOC: Amyria has radiant rebuke readied vs the first melee attack to target her, but will deal non-lethal damage to any townspeople. Bahamut would protect her even against innocent townsfolk.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Yeah. You totally look in control. Devil eyes and all." says Ravenblade with sarcasm, a skill he actually acquired by observing Salazar. "Let's go find an ogre to see if your control and your power are strong enough against a worthy opponent." he hedges.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
OOC: I have readied action from Hedoni and Amyria. I am still waiting for Daggoth and Mal to take their turns.

Initiative: Status
->Daggoth: 80/80
Mal: 60/60
Village Women: 1-7 no damage
Amyria: 200/200
Village Men: 1-5 no damage
Ravenblade: 59/68
Older Villagers: 1-5 no damage
Hedoni: 53/53
Salazar: 67/67

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
In a calm, quiet voice. "Mal, if you want me to, I can slip into the crowd to give them a target for their anger. I don't think they will be able to really hurt me, but it may be cathartic and give the rest of you some time to retreat." He thinks for a moment. "Hmmm....maybe it would just be better to grab Salazar and flee though."

OOC: I could have Ravenblade serpentine dodge inside the crowd to get a major defense boost and attract their attention while you guys retreat. Hedoni could help me escape with twist the arcane fabric even, although I have evasive strike and an action point to get out. It's a crazy idea though. Better would be for one of us (probably Daggoth who has the highest strength, to make a grab action against Salazar and get out of here.

Edit: Actually, if Rave would get completely surrounded then he can't shift anywhere so Hedoni would have to help him out. On the other hand, I could knock one villager out cold as part of evasive strike before shifting or sweeping whirlwind a whole bunch of them out cold. This is too crazy an idea I think.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:03 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Daggoth, let's grab Salazar and get out of here."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
FYI, in case somebody wants to try and physically grab Salazar.

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
OOC: This does not have any provision for actually moving while grabbing someone though... so I'm not sure how that would work...
Full post coming soon...
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
OOC: There are rules for moving a grabbed target. Gimme a second and I'll post them...
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
OOC: Here you go:

User posted image
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth quickly realizes that while grabbing Salazar would be doable, he would never be able to outrun the crowd trying to drag an uncooperative warlock. Sighing, Daggoth advances toward the crowd.

"You're left me with no alternative."

Blasting the crowd with his breath, he aims to subdue, not to kill.

Move to K12
Dragon breath vs: Man 1,3,4 Old Man 2,3,4 Woman 5,6,7 (1d20+11+1=20, 1d20+11+1=30, 1d20+11+1=28, 1d20+11+1=32, 1d20+11+1=13, 1d20+11+1=27, 1d20+11+1=30, 1d20+11+1=31, 1d20+11+1=29)
Dragon breath Damage (1d6+4=9)
Man 1 - 20 vs Reflex for 9 damage
Man 3 - 30 vs Reflex for 9 damage
Man 4 - 28 vs Reflex for 9 damage
Old Man 2 - 32 vs Reflex for Crit! 10 damage
Old Man 3 - Nat 1 miss
Old Man 4 - 37 vs Reflex for 9 damage
Woman 5 - 30 vs Reflex for 9 damage
Woman 6 - 31 vs Reflex for 9 damage
Woman 7 - 29 vs Reflex for 9 damage
All nonlethal damage.
Marking all


Daggoth then changes his stance, ready to give anyone near a quick jab with his axe.

Looking back over his shoulder at Salazar "DO. NOT. KILL. Understand?!?"

Using Rain of Steel stance.



  •  Daggoth Varkash
    • Male Dragonborn Fighter 8
    • Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
    • AC:26, Fort:22, Reflex:18, Will:16 - Speed:5
    • HP:80/80, Bloodied:40, Surge Value:24, Surges left:10/13
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
    • Cleave
    • Tide of Iron
    • Pass Forward
    • (Cloak) Bloodied: Second wind: Use 2 surges
    • Steel Serpent Strike
    • Dragon Breath (cold|enlarged)
    • Sweeping Blow
    • Come and get it
    • Comeback Strike
    • Inspiring Word
    • Vigilant Protector (stance)
    • Rain Of Steel (stance)
    • (Ironskin Belt) minor: resist 5 damage

    • Armor: Black Iron Armor +2 :resist 5 fire and 5 necrotic
    • Arms: Heavy Sheild
    • Waist: Ironskin Belt
    • Neck: Cloak of the Walking Wounded
    • Legs: Dwarven Greaves
  • « Last edit by marek on Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:02 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade looks on in concern as Daggoth spews forth his frosty breath. He relaxes somewhat when it becomes evident that the dragonborn is aiming to subdue rather than kill.

OOC: Rav is all yours Josh. FYI, he sees eye to eye with Mal in this one and will not kill any villagers or even attack them unless attacked or needs to knock them out to get away. He's more concerned with preventing Salazar from doing anything drastic, such as killing the villagers, killing the rest of us, or killing himself.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
The fighter sprays his cold breath far. The numbing cold easily knocks out half the crowd. The other half of the crowd seems shocked and awed.

Initiative: Status
Daggoth: 80/80
->Mal: 60/60
Village Women 1-4: no damage
Amyria: 200/200
Village Man 2: no damage
Village Man 5: no damage
Ravenblade: 59/68
Older Villagers 2-6: no damage
Hedoni: 53/53
Salazar: 67/67

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:24 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Daggoth, stop! Let's grab Salazar and get out of here."

Move Action: Walk (Move Speed) to J14

Standard Action: Grab Salazar

Grab attack (+4 Str, +4 lvl) (1d20+8=19)

OOC: Mal tries to grab Salazar, strength check of 19 vs. his Reflex (I think I did that right).


  •  Mal Geminous
    • Male Tiefling Warlord 8
    • Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
    • AC:24, Fort:20, Reflex:17, Will:20 - Speed:5
    • HP:60/60, Bloodied:30, Surge Value:15, Surges left:8/8
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Fire 9 Cold 5
    •  
    • Powers
      • Opening Shove (Push 1, one ally can shift 2 or basic melee)
      • Wolf Pack Tactics (1W, ally shifts one before attack)
      • Improved Saving Inspiring Word +1 x2 (surge +2d6+5 HP or Surge +5 HP and saving throw)
      • Infernal Wrath (+1 att, +4 dam)
      • Inspired Belligerence (grant allies Comb. Adv., +4 dam.)
      • Hammer and Anvil (1W, grant ally basic melee with +4 dam)
      • Warlord's Strike (2W, grant allies +5 dam.)
      • War of Attrition (2W, grant allies +4 att. and dam. w/ basic and at-wills)
      • Fearless Rescue +1 (Rxn: +1 A, 2W; ally drops, provide surge+1d6/OA +1)
      • Pike Hedge (Rxn: Enemy moves in reach, W; 4 dam to enemies move in reach)
      • Stand Tough +1 (grants 15 HP to all)
      • Fey-Blessed Circlet (4 temp HP at start of every encounter)
      • Flaming Glaive +2 (+2d6 crit; daily: 1d6, 5 OGD fire, save ends)
      • Frozen Scale +2 (Rxn: hit by melee, deal 2d6 dam and immobile)
      • Couters of Second Chances (daily: reroll missed att.)
       
    • Items
      • Hempen Rope (50ft)
      • Grappling Hook, Hammer, Pitons (10)
      • Hand Axe x2
      • Waraxe, Light Shield
       
    • Abilities
      • Basic Melee Attack +14 (+4 Str, +2 Prof, +1 Exp, +1 HB, +4 lvl, +2 W)
      • Damage: 2d4+7 (2d4 Glaive, +4 Str, +2 W, +1 HB)
      • Basic Range Attack +10 (+4 Str, +2 Prof, +4 lvl)
      • Damage: 1d6+4 (1d6 Hand Axe, +4 Str)
      • Bloodhunt (+1 to attack vs. bloodied)
      • Inspiring Presence (+8 HP when ally uses AP)
      • Combat Leader (+2 initiative to me and allies within 10)
      • Hellfire Blood (+1 to att and dam with fire and fear)
       
    • Skills
      • Acrobatics +4 (+0 Dex, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Arcana +6 (+2 Int, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Athletics +13 (+4 Str, +5 trained, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Bluff +10 (+4 Cha, +2 race, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Diplomacy +13 (+4 Cha, +5 trained, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Dungeoneering +4 (+0 Wis, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Endurance +5 (+1 Con, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Heal +9 (+0 Wis, +5 trained, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • History +6 (+2 Int, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Insight +4 (+0 Wis, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Intimidate +13 (+4 Cha, +5 trained, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Nature +4 (+0 Wis, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Perception +4 (+0 Wis, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Religion +6 (+2 Int, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Stealth +6 (+0 Dex, +2 race, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Streetwise +8 (+4 Cha, +4 1/2 lvl)
      • Thievery +4 (+0 Dex, +4 1/2 lvl)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"What are you doing? Attacking innocent villagers? May Bahamut strike you down!" Amyria reddens and her swordhand clenches as she watches Daggoth spray cold at the townspeople.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Well done, Daggoth, well done!" Salazar cackles. Whether or not he notices the chilled villagers yet live, none can say.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Mal moves next to his cousin and tries to physically restrain him, but Salazar is too quick and dodges his grab.

The village women let out a variety of screams of fright, turn and run away.

Amyria holds her ground but keeps alert in case someone tries to attack her.

One of the farmers, not quiet realizing what happened and still in shock, shouts "The lizard man killed them all! Get him!" The two men still on their feet hurl their pitchforks at Daggoth then move away. One of the farm implements grazes the fighter for 5 damage.

Initiative: Status
Daggoth: 75/80
Mal: 60/60
Village Women 1-4: fled
Amyria: 200/200
Village Man 2: no damage
Village Man 5: no damage
->Ravenblade: 59/68
Older Villagers 2-6: no damage
Hedoni: 53/53
Salazar: 67/67

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
OOC: The readied thing was an immediate interrupt. Amyria would still like to take her turn.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron

Page: « < ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 >

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Den of the Destroyer

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software