DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Den of the Destroyer

Den of the Destroyer

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
The man's words cut deeply into Ravenblade's heart, as he re-envisions how the iron grate fell on the one boy.

"We tried to save them but...they were already so weakened from torture and whatever spell was on them by the time we got there. I'm...sorry."


1d20+4+1=18 Diplomacy aid.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Ravenblade takes more of an apologetic route.

+2 to next Diplomacy roll

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"Indeed, you must believe us. We had nothing but the best intentions. Our friend Amyria can better explain."

Diplomacy Aid: (1d20+10+1=16)
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"Sometimes, the gods have other plans for those we love, and all we mortals can do is make them more comfortable as they pass on, drawing our strength from their memories. These brave men all tried to save your children, but that was just not possible to do."

diplomacy (1d20+13+2+2+1=31)
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
The farmer with the pitchfork seems to be somewhat appeased by the deva's sermon.

The goodwife turns to her husband, tears running down her face "Maybe this was all our fault. Maybe if we hadn't let the boys go visit my brother, they'd still be safe. Oh, I'll never forgive myself!"

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"If we hadn't stopped the gnolls' ritual, your children's souls would be not but playthings for Torog the Gaoler even as we speak. And I think you might ask your brother about his part in this - I believe I saw a human male leaving the monastery carrying a large, clinking bag."

As he speaks, the warlock's eyes seem to glow malevolently.

Bluff (24H) (1d20+12+1=15)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni looks over at Salazar in amazement, then whispers from across the town square "I'm not sure what's going on in that head of yours, but you're not helping lately."
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
OOC: But Amyria doesn't WANT to fight townspeople.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade's sad demeanor shifts to immediate anger at Salazar's callous words about the childrens' demise. He punches the warlock in the shoulder. "Stop being so insensitive because you wish you were holding a clinking bag of coins right now!!!! Just because your powers have been failing you or something doesn't mean you have to be mean. It's as if you've been possessed by an evil spirit or something lately! Now stay quiet if you have nothing nice to say!"
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
A guttural noise emanates from Salazar at Ravenblade's words, and at the dwarf's comment about the warlock's powers, Salazar clutches the wand at his belt. He holds the implement for a few long moments before slowly releasing it...

"You would be wise to watch your own words," Salazar whispers menacingly.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade takes an involuntary step at hearing Salazar's guttural voice. Without having realized it, the dwarf ranger had unhooked both his craghmmers and began raising them in reflex. He takes a careful step back, not removing his eyes from the warlock and releases his weapons.

"Hmmmm.....Mal? I think we may need to take care of your cousin after we leave Red Rock. A temple perhaps...."

He then turns his attention back to the villagers, but keeps his senses oriented on Salazar.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Hearing Salazar insinuate that her brother had something to do with her son's death, the goodwife lets out a cry of astonishment and faints. Her husband barely catches her and then says to Salazar. "How dare you accuse my brother- in-law of having anything to do with this?" Then to the larger crowd he shouts "Don't believe them. They're hiding something."

Several of the villagers who were holding unlit torches, set them on fire and start holding them up in a threatening way. The fire seems to catch Salazar's eyes.

  •   For Salazar only
      Salazar hears the slithering sultry voice again "Ooh, what lovely fire. Just think what we could do with that. Wouldn't this village look beautiful with all those thatched roofs ablaze?

OOC: Yeah, you may have to start considering a strategy to flee the angry mob while restraining Salazar ... or you can just slay the villagers.
User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:38 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar once again mutters to himself, as he's taken to doing lately...

  •  Perception 20 to hear...
      "Yes... yes! The fools want fire, I will GIVE THEM FIRE!"

_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"No! Do not give anyone fire, Salazar! If you do, you might burn up yourself or something and staying alive is one of the most important things for you."

"Daggoth, a frosty breath might do Salazar some good if things get out of hand. He's....I don't really know what....but he's not himself. Maybe we should just all leave this village right now. For everyone's sake."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Ok, Salazar, back off a bit and let us talk to them." Turning to the villagers, Mal says, "My cousin has not been right in the head for a few days now. Please, listen to me, we did everything we could to save the children, but we were did not have enough time. We will help you in any way we can."

Diplomacy (+13 skill, +1 24hr) (1d20+14=33)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth does not know who to be more pissed at, the villagers or Salazar.

Hissing he turns to Salazar "Hold your tongue warlock. The line between friend and foe grows narrow today. We have watched each other's backs for more adventures that I can count now, but we need to know you're not going to incite riots which endanger us all!"

Daggoth switches his gaze to the rabble.

"And as for you..."

Daggoth approaches one of the villagers and blows out his torch with a quick controlled blast of icy breath.

"We faced mortal danger. We have bled and suffered to try and find your children! And this is how you repay us? Where were the pitchforks and torches aiding us when we were fighting the gnolls and spectral gith? We risk our own lives and we get an angry mob for our troubles? Bah!

Besides, you think your puny farm implements can hurt us? We have slain dragons and demons, and I will not cower before some unwashed peons with farm implements! Anyone who attempts to lay a finger on any of our company will be beaten with his own severed limbs!"


More growling that speaking "Am I making myself clear?"

Intimidate (1d20+11+1=14)
Oh damn you to hell IC, two big flubs in a row... extra credit for well written post? :P
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
OOC: Killing children and inciting riots... Man the skill challenges have fought back with a vengeance.
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade groans in dismay at hearing Daggoth. He begins having a very bad feeling about how things will turn out and visualizes in his mind's eye how to inflict maximum impact with minimum damage. He just doesn't know yet who will be his prey, the villagers who are out of their minds with grief or some of his companions who have lost their minds.

OOC: Oh....no!
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni sighs deeply at the exchanges going on, and is glad his defensive magic is as strong as the offensive.

This is all kinds of awesome, you guys.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar glares at Daggoth as the dragonborn addresses him, but then grins gleefully as Daggoth turns his anger on the townsfolk.

"Exactly, Daggoth, exactly!"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Daggoth's attempt to intimidate the angry, grief-stricken mob backfires. The rag-tag group of villagers becomes infuriated and shouts back a variety of things: "I'll show you a pitchfork - through your head!" and "You're the monsters here," "My boys, my poor boys," "Unwashed peons?!" and "Get out! Now!"

The opportunity to settle things peacefully is gone.

Initiative: Status
->Daggoth: 80/80
Mal: 60/60
Village Women: 1-7 no damage
Amyria: 200/200
Village Men: 1-5 no damage
Ravenblade: 59/68
Older Villagers: 1-5 no damage
Hedoni: 53/53
Salazar: 67/67

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Wait a minute. We understand your grief. We will leave your village in peace!"
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Impudent fools! You will burn for this ingratitude! I'll see this cluster of hovels reduced to ash!"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"By Bahamut, everyone stop!!" Amyria yells forcefully at all parties.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"Stupid villagers do not knew what they're getting themselves into... do we defend ourselves or do we run? Frankly neither option sounds good, since we'll either be murderers or cowards."

Page: « < ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 > »

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Den of the Destroyer

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software