DeadGoblins.com » Treasures of Varinia » Chapter 1: Gainful Employment

Chapter 1: Gainful Employment

Page: « < ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Dark shadows! I summon thee!" says Alfred and once again writhing, grasping shadows pour forth from his tome, enveloping the nearby goblin.

Grasping Shadows vs WILL (+4 damage for evil eye) (1d20+5+1=19, 1d8+4+4=9)

Save vs. dazed (1d20+1=11)

OOC: The burst one zone is centered at 503 and remains until end of Alfred's next turn, hit or miss. Goblin boss will also be slowed on a hit.

User posted image

  •  Alfred Sartanius
    • Male Human Wizard, Level 1
    • Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
    • AC: 14 Fort: 14 Reflex: 15 Will: 14 Speed: 6, Initiative: +0
    • HP: 26, Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges: 4/9
    • Powers
    • Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    • Phantom Bolt
    • Thunderwave
    • Storm Pillar
    • Grasping Shadows
    • Summon Fire Warrior
    • Dailys and Utilities stored in Spellbook
    • Grease
    • Items
    • Tome of Binding (encounter/free) +3 damage for summonings that turn
    • Ceramic Hand Focus used to control Unseen Servants
    • Guardian Ring: given by the Headmaster
    • Rituals
    • Comprehend Language
    • Create Campsite
    • Unseen Servant
    • Residuum: 45 gp + 30 from the headmaster
    • Healing Potion
    • Gold in pocket: 31
    • Skills
    • Arcana, Religion: 9
    • Nature: 8
    • Dungeoneering, Insight: 6
    • History: 4
    • Endurance: 3
    • Heal, Perception: 1
    • Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Stealth, Streetwise, Thievery: 0
    • Athletics: -1
    • (Key: At-Will, Encounter, Daily, Magical Equipment, Consumable, Used)
        • _______________
          Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
          « Last edit by Viktor on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:22 pm. »
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Alfred, quickly gaining confidence in his spellcasting prowess, creates a zone of grasping shadows, enveloping the nearby goblin boss, slowing him where he stands.

Initiative: Status
--> Laz: 15/24 (Dazed)
Gharnash: 14/24 (Dazed)
Blue Sharpshooter:
Human Mage: Down 20
Goblin Boss: Down 34
Red Goblin: Dead
Yellow Goblin: Dead
Green Goblin: Dead

Curator: 28/28
Alfred: 13/26 (Bloodied)

User posted image
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Laz focuses on the most powerful thing he knows how to do and launches a rainbowed orb at the goblin. As it hits him, the orb turns red and bursts into fire, Laz turns into a human and his head clears. Seeing that this battle needs to be ended quickly, Laz strikes out with his mind at the mage and hits him with a psychic blast as the changeling becomes a gnoll.

Standard Action: Chromatic Orb (Range 10 (1 creature); Cha vs. Ref; Hit: 3d10+8 dam, roll d6 for type and effect; Miss: 1d10+4 dam, roll d6 for type and effect)

Chromatic Orb (+5 I, +1 24hr) (1d20+6=21, 3d10+8=33, 1d6=2)

2) Red: Fire, 4 dam to creatures adj. to target

Chaos Burst: If first att. of turn is odd roll, make a saving throw

Save vs. Dazed (1d20+1=11)

Minor Action: Changeling Disguise (Alter form to new Medium humanoid, gain +5 bonus to Bluff vs. Insight against new form) to Human

Action Point!

Standard Action: Chaos Bolt (Cha vs. Will, Hit: 1d10+8 dam, if att. was even, make secondary attack: within 5 sq, vs. Will; Hit: 1d6+4 damage, if att. was even make secondary attack)

Chaos Bolt (+5 I, +1 24hr) (1d20+6=23, 1d10+8=11)

Minor Action: Changeling Disguise (Alter form to new Medium humanoid, gain +5 bonus to Bluff vs. Insight against new form) to Gnoll

OOC: Use CO on the Goblin Boss. Hits Reflex 21 for 33 fire damage. In addition, the orb does 4 damage to all creatures adjacent to the goblin, which is none. On odd roll, I get a saving throw vs. dazed, and succeed (11). I assume this allows him to take the rest of his turn as normal (if not, just disregard it all). If so, change into human, AP, CB the human, hitting Will 23 for 11 psychic damage. Roll was odd, so no secondary, and change into a gnoll.


  •  Laz
    • Male Changeling Sorceror 1
    • Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 11
    • AC:14, Fort:11, Reflex:14, Will:17 - Speed:6
    • HP:15/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:4/7
    • Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Resist Fire 5
    •  
      • Powers
        • Changeling Disguise (Shapeshift, +5 to Bluff vs. Insight)
        • Chaos Bolt (R10; Will; Hit: d10; if even, att within 5, 1d6)
        • Dragonfrost (R10; Fort; Hit: d8, push 1 sq)
        • Changeling Trick (M1; Bluff vs. passive Insight, gain CA)
        • Bedeviling Burst (Cb3 (1 or 2); Will; 1 or 2; Hit: d10, push 4; if even, slide
        • Chromatic Orb (R10; Ref; Hit: 3d10, d6 for effect; Miss: d10, d6 for effect
          • 1: Radiant, dazed (save ends); 2: Fire, adj. to target takes 4 fire
          • 3: Poison, 5 OGD poison (save ends); 4: Lightning, slide 4
          • 5: Cold, immobile (save ends); 6: Psychic, -2 AC (save ends)
         
      • Items
        • Dagger (Implement)
        • Quarterstaff (Implement)
        • Healing Potion
        • Sunrods x2
        • Hempen Rope (50 feet)
         
      • Abilities
        • Basic Melee +4 (+3 Prof, +1 Exp)
        • Basic Range +5 vs. Fort (+4 Cha, +1 Exp)
        • Chaos Burst 1st att. roll: +1 AC if even; save if odd
        • Chaos Power +4 damage
        • Unfettered Power 20: slide 1 & prone; 1: Push all 1
        • Wild Soul Roll d10 for resist & avoidance of resist
          • 1: Acid; 2: Cold; 3: Fire; 4: Force; 5 Lightning
          • 6: Necrotic; 7: Poison; 8: Psychic; 9: Radiant; 10: Thunder
         
      • Skills
        • Acrobatics +9 (+4 Dex, +5 trained)
        • Arcana +6 (+1 Int, +5 trained)
        • Athletics +0 (+0 Str)
        • Bluff +11 (+4 Cha, +5 trained, +2 race)
        • Diplomacy +4 (+4 Cha)
        • Dungeoneering -1 (-1 Wis)
        • Endurance +6 (+1 Con, +5 trained)
        • Heal -1 (-1 Wis)
        • History +1 (+1 Int)
        • Insight +1 (-1 Wis, +2 race)
        • Intimidate +4 (+4 Cha)
        • Nature -1 (-1 Wis)
        • Perception -1 (-1 Wis)
        • Religion +1 (+1 Int)
        • Stealth +4 (+4 Dex)
        • Streetwise +4 (+4 Cha)
        • Thievery +4 (+4 Dex)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
OOC: Assuming the goblin boss is hit, he takes another 4 psychic damage from being near my Punishing Eye.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
The fates smiling on him, Laz sends a powerful blast at the lead goblin, punishing him with a burst of fire strengthened by Curator's eye. His chaotic powers working in his favor, he shakes off the effects of his daze and sends a psychic blast toward the human, hitting him as well. Both enemies are now looking noticeably worn from the fight.

Initiative: Status
Laz: 15/24 (Dazed)
--> Gharnash: 14/24 (Dazed)
Blue Sharpshooter:
Human Mage: Down 31 (Bloodied)
Goblin Boss: Down 71 (Bloodied)
Red Goblin: Dead
Yellow Goblin: Dead
Green Goblin: Dead

Curator: 28/28
Alfred: 13/26 (Bloodied)

Chaos Burst comes through! That's exactly how the random use of a saving roll is supposed to work - ended up giving you the rest of your actions. Nice turn.

User posted image
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Gharnash unleashes the mighty breath of the black dragon. Even in his dazed state, the acid cloud washes over the goblin boss, burning it severely, and obscuring the dragonborn. Gharnash then makes a second attack. The dragonborn is able to shake the cobwebs loose from his head.

Standard: Tempest Breath tempest breath (1d20+4+1=25, 2d6+8+4=21) CRIT on Goblin Boss for 24 acid damage, and Gharnash gains +2 to all his defenses until the end of his next turn.
ACTION POINT
If the boss is still alive: Burning Spray burning spray (1d20+4+1=13, 1d8+8+4=17) Hits 13 vs. REF for 17 fire damage, and on a hit, the next enemy to hit Gharnash with a melee attack before the end of his next turn takes 4 fire damage.
If the boss is dead: Dragonfrost vs. mage dragonfrost (1d20+4+1=20, 1d8+8=16) Hits 20 vs. FORT for 16 cold damage

save vs dazed (1d20+1=12)
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Alfred's eyes open wide in shock at seeing the awesome displays of power and destruction being controlled by Laz and then Gharnash. He makes a mental note to record this battle's events in his documentation on the two. "That is...very formidable magic you cast. I am impressed." he says, albeit still with a slight air of arrogance.

OOC: Very, very neat turn Josh. That free save came very opportunely. It's great to finally be able to see how a chaos sorcerer works in play. Very nice roll Jon, I'm hoping goblin boss and human wizard are done for. I fear that silly sharpshooter will escape once again though.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
OOC: Yeah, I can't wait for the day when I crit a non-minion. This would be a fun sequence: Chaos Bolt crit, even hit, even hit, flub. Or something along those lines. I slide one guy and knock him prone, hit a couple of other guys, then push everyone surrounding me.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Everything seeming to go right for the group, Gharnash explodes with a blast of fiery breath, severely burning the boss and giving himself some cover. Feeling lucky, the dragonborn tries to finish off his goblin foe, but the burned and bleeding enemy dodges successfully.

Seeing the action on the other side of the chasm, the sharpshooter yells out, "Why do they always seem to succeed!? Such luck!" before taking a shot at Curator, hitting him in the chest for 8 damage.

The mage, seemingly less aggressive since having his blood drawn, sees the carnage around him and decides not to take any chances. He pulls a small amulet from his pocket, puts it around his neck, and starts to fade from view. The now ghostly mage heads toward the northern wall, moving through the piles of rubble as if they weren't there, then disappearing through the wall itself.

The goblin boss, taking note of this but not seeming alarmed, smiles and moves forward, glad to be getting the chance to hit something. He takes aim at the dragonborn, striking him hard with his short sword for 10 damage.

Initiative: Status
Laz: 15/24
Gharnash: 4/24 (Bloodied)
Blue Sharpshooter:
Human Mage: Down 31 (Bloodied, left the room)
Goblin Boss: Down 95 (Bloodied)
Red Goblin: Dead
Yellow Goblin: Dead
Green Goblin: Dead

--> Curator: 20/28
Alfred: 13/26 (Bloodied)

User posted image
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Curator 143-Theta draws a vial from his pouches and eases some of Gharnash's wounds. He then hurls a dagger at the goblin boss, aiding his allies in their own offensive efforts. Another dagger quickly finds its way into the warforged's hand.

The warforged then sighs. "Why does everything in this mine run away from us?"

Minor action - Healing Infusion of Gharnash to heal HP equal to a surge.

Standard action - Magic Weapon against Goblin Boss.

MW vs Goblin Boss (24H) (1d20+9+1=20, 1d4+4=8 )

Hits AC 20 for 8 damage, and on a hit, Alfred, Laz and Gharnash gain +1 to hit and +3 to damage until the end of Curator 143-Theta's next turn.

Minor action - Draw dagger.


  •  Curator 143-Theta
    • Male Warforged Artificer 1
    • Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
    • AC: 16, Fort: 14, Reflex: 14, Will: 12 - Speed: 6
    • HP:20/28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 4/9
    • Action Points: 0

    • Powers
    • Magic Weapon
    • Static Shock
    • Burning Weapons
    • Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture OR Resistive Formula x2
    • Second Wind
    • Warforged Resolve
    • Punishing Eye
    • Rituals: Brew Potion, Disenchant Magic Item, Enchant Magic Item, Make Whole
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Alfred sends a psychic bolt towards the goblin boss, who futilely dodges back into the cloud of shadows, taking additional damage. He then moves forward a little (203) and also conjures up a storm pillar in front of the goblin shooter, determined not to let it escape this time.

1d20+5+1+1=25 Phantom Bolt goblin boss vs WILL, base 5, +1 24h, +1 MW

Phantom bolt psychic damage (base 4, +2 arcane reserves, +3 MW bonus, +4 evil eye bonus) (1d8+4+2+3+4=17)

ACTION POINT: Storm Pillar at 1207: damage base 4, +2 arcane reserves, +3 MW bonus (1d6+4+2+3=12, 1d6+4+2+3=11)

OOC: I forgot to roll phantom bolt damage initially, hence the second roll. Phantom bolt hist goblin boss for 25 vs WILL, slides it back into the shadows at 403, for a total of 21 psychic damage. Alfred moves to 203 and summons storm pillar at 1207. The two storm pillar damage rolls inflict 12 and 11 lightning damage respectively. If goblin boss already died after curator's turn, then Alfred will move forward to be withing 10 spaces of goblin shooter instead, THEN cast the storm pillar first, followed by the phantom bolt. Damage of the phantom bolt would be 14 only and slides goblin up one.

User posted image

  •  Alfred Sartanius
    • Male Human Wizard, Level 1
    • Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
    • AC: 14 Fort: 14 Reflex: 15 Will: 14 Speed: 6, Initiative: +0
    • HP: 26, Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges: 4/9
    • Powers
    • Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    • Phantom Bolt
    • Thunderwave
    • Storm Pillar
    • Grasping Shadows
    • Summon Fire Warrior
    • Dailys and Utilities stored in Spellbook
    • Grease
    • Items
    • Tome of Binding (encounter/free) +3 damage for summonings that turn
    • Ceramic Hand Focus used to control Unseen Servants
    • Guardian Ring: given by the Headmaster
    • Rituals
    • Comprehend Language
    • Create Campsite
    • Unseen Servant
    • Residuum: 45 gp + 30 from the headmaster
    • Healing Potion
    • Gold in pocket: 31
    • Skills
    • Arcana, Religion: 9
    • Nature: 8
    • Dungeoneering, Insight: 6
    • History: 4
    • Endurance: 3
    • Heal, Perception: 1
    • Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Stealth, Streetwise, Thievery: 0
    • Athletics: -1
    • (Key: At-Will, Encounter, Daily, Magical Equipment, Consumable, Used)
        • _______________
          Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Curator takes a moment to heal Gharnash, then further injures the bleeding goblin with a well-placed dagger. Alfred then finishes the boss off with a psychic bolt, as well as traps the sharpshooter to make sure he doesn't run again.

Initiative: Status
--> Laz: 15/24 (+1 to hit and +3 to damage)
Gharnash: 11/24 (Bloodied, +1 to hit and +3 to damage)
Blue Sharpshooter:
Human Mage: Down 31 (Bloodied, left the room)
Goblin Boss: Dead
Red Goblin: Dead
Yellow Goblin: Dead
Green Goblin: Dead

Curator: 20/28
Alfred: 13/26 (Bloodied, +1 to hit and +3 to damage)

User posted image
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"We have to get that human," Laz calls to his allies. He steps forward and lashes out at the last goblin in the room while changing into a half-elf.

Move Action: Walk (6 Squares) to 0702

Standard Action: Chaos Bolt (Cha vs. Will, Hit: 1d10+8 dam, if att. was even, make secondary attack: within 5 sq, vs. Will; Hit: 1d6+4 damage, if att. was even make secondary attack)

Chaos Bolt (+5 I, +1 24hr, +1 MW) (1d20+7=10, 1d10+8+3=13)

Chaos Burst: If first att. of turn is even roll, +1 to AC

Minor Action: Changeling Disguise (Alter form to new Medium humanoid, gain +5 bonus to Bluff vs. Insight against new form) to Half-Elf

OOC: Move to 0702, CB the goblin, hitting Will 10 for 13 damage. No other enemies, so no secondary attack, +1 to AC for even roll. Change to a Half-elf.


  •  Laz
    • Male Changeling Sorceror 1
    • Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 11
    • AC:15, Fort:11, Reflex:14, Will:17 - Speed:6
    • HP:15/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:4/7
    • Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Resist Fire 5
    •  
      • Powers
        • Changeling Disguise (Shapeshift, +5 to Bluff vs. Insight)
        • Chaos Bolt (R10; Will; Hit: d10; if even, att within 5, 1d6)
        • Dragonfrost (R10; Fort; Hit: d8, push 1 sq)
        • Changeling Trick (M1; Bluff vs. passive Insight, gain CA)
        • Bedeviling Burst (Cb3 (1 or 2); Will; 1 or 2; Hit: d10, push 4; if even, slide
        • Chromatic Orb (R10; Ref; Hit: 3d10, d6 for effect; Miss: d10, d6 for effect
          • 1: Radiant, dazed (save ends); 2: Fire, adj. to target takes 4 fire
          • 3: Poison, 5 OGD poison (save ends); 4: Lightning, slide 4
          • 5: Cold, immobile (save ends); 6: Psychic, -2 AC (save ends)
         
      • Items
        • Dagger (Implement)
        • Quarterstaff (Implement)
        • Healing Potion
        • Sunrods x2
        • Hempen Rope (50 feet)
         
      • Abilities
        • Basic Melee +4 (+3 Prof, +1 Exp)
        • Basic Range +5 vs. Fort (+4 Cha, +1 Exp)
        • Chaos Burst 1st att. roll: +1 AC if even; save if odd
        • Chaos Power +4 damage
        • Unfettered Power 20: slide 1 & prone; 1: Push all 1
        • Wild Soul Roll d10 for resist & avoidance of resist
          • 1: Acid; 2: Cold; 3: Fire; 4: Force; 5 Lightning
          • 6: Necrotic; 7: Poison; 8: Psychic; 9: Radiant; 10: Thunder
         
      • Skills
        • Acrobatics +9 (+4 Dex, +5 trained)
        • Arcana +6 (+1 Int, +5 trained)
        • Athletics +0 (+0 Str)
        • Bluff +11 (+4 Cha, +5 trained, +2 race)
        • Diplomacy +4 (+4 Cha)
        • Dungeoneering -1 (-1 Wis)
        • Endurance +6 (+1 Con, +5 trained)
        • Heal -1 (-1 Wis)
        • History +1 (+1 Int)
        • Insight +1 (-1 Wis, +2 race)
        • Intimidate +4 (+4 Cha)
        • Nature -1 (-1 Wis)
        • Perception -1 (-1 Wis)
        • Religion +1 (+1 Int)
        • Stealth +4 (+4 Dex)
        • Streetwise +4 (+4 Cha)
        • Thievery +4 (+4 Dex)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Laz takes a shot at the remaining goblin, but his mind must be on the escaping human, as the shot goes over his head.

Initiative: Status
Laz: 15/24 (+1 to hit and +3 to damage)
--> Gharnash: 11/24 (Bloodied, +1 to hit and +3 to damage)
Blue Sharpshooter:
Human Mage: Down 31 (Bloodied, left the room)
Goblin Boss: Dead
Red Goblin: Dead
Yellow Goblin: Dead
Green Goblin: Dead

Curator: 20/28
Alfred: 13/26 (Bloodied, +1 to hit and +3 to damage)

User posted image
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Gharnash shifts forward (0304) and shoots a bolt of frost at the sharpshooter.

Dragonfrost at sharpshooter dragonfrost (1d20+4+1+1=16, 1d8+8+3=14) Hits 16 vs. FORT for 14 cold damage

OOC: Gharnash has +1 to hit due to being bloodied that I didn't factor in, so actually hits 17. Also, he gets +2 to AC until the end of the encounter the first time he is bloodied.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
« Last edit by Jonathan Berg on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:35 pm. »
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Gharnash is finally able to hit the runaway goblin, injuring him with a frosty bolt. Though injured again, the goblin is still thinking clearly enough to know that running through the field of lightning bolts is not the best idea, so he stays put and shoots back at the dragonborn, hitting him and the chest for 10 damage, nearly dropping him.

Seemingly through the east end of the north wall, Alfred is able to hear what sounds like boxes being moved and metal items being moved around.

Initiative: Status
Laz: 15/24 (+1 to hit and +3 to damage)
Gharnash: 1/24 (Bloodied, +1 to hit and +3 to damage)
Blue Sharpshooter: Down 14
Human Mage: Down 31 (Bloodied, left the room)
Goblin Boss: Dead
Red Goblin: Dead
Yellow Goblin: Dead
Green Goblin: Dead

--> Curator: 20/28
Alfred: 13/26 (Bloodied, +1 to hit and +3 to damage)

User posted image
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Curator 143-Theta draws a vial from his pouches and once again eases some of Gharnash's wounds. He then moves forward to hurl a dagger at the remaining goblin.

Minor action - Healing Infusion of Gharnash to heal HP equal to a surge.

Move action - Move to 0703.

Standard action - Magic Weapon against Blue.

Can't roll, no IC. 1d20+9+1;1d4+4 if you would, Mike.

Hits AC ?? for ? damage, and on a hit, Laz gains +1 to hit and +3 to damage until the end of Curator 143-Theta's next turn.


  •  Curator 143-Theta
    • Male Warforged Artificer 1
    • Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
    • AC: 16, Fort: 14, Reflex: 14, Will: 12 - Speed: 6
    • HP:20/28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 4/9
    • Action Points: 0

    • Powers
    • Magic Weapon
    • Static Shock
    • Burning Weapons
    • Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture OR Resistive Formula x2
    • Second Wind
    • Warforged Resolve
    • Punishing Eye
    • Rituals: Brew Potion, Disenchant Magic Item, Enchant Magic Item, Make Whole
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Curator is able to heal his friend, but can't quite get his dagger all the way to the goblin.

Initiative: Status
Laz: 15/24
Gharnash: 8/24 (Bloodied, +1 hit, +2 AC)
Blue Sharpshooter: Down 14
Human Mage: Down 31 (Bloodied, left the room)
Goblin Boss: Dead
Red Goblin: Dead
Yellow Goblin: Dead
Green Goblin: Dead

Curator: 20/28
--> Alfred: 13/26 (Bloodied)

You rolled a 5, for a total of 15 vs AC (miss). I'll update the map tomorrow with your move action.

User posted image
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
« Last edit by Michael Doss on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:46 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Friends, this is called containment tactics according to "Derwin's Encyclopedia Arcana Tactica, volume one" says Alfred in a lecturing tone as he moves next to Laz and Curator (602) and conjures yet another storm pillar below the current one (1108). He concentrates a little more, and a magical hand appears near the far pile of rubble (mage hand at 1103). Once he is done, his first storm pillar dissipates.

Storm Pillar damage for every adjacent space an enemy moves through: 1d6+4+2 (base 4, +2 arcane reserves).

OOC: He's all your, guys. He'd have to move through three storm pillar adjacent squares if he wants to escape to the southern hole. You know, I'm having a lot more fun playing as a controlling wizard than a summoner (which I haven't even used and they're all daily powers). Orb of imposition would be really useful with storm pillar. Mike, any chance I can revamp my character if I want to?

User posted image

  •  Alfred Sartanius
    • Male Human Wizard, Level 1
    • Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
    • AC: 14 Fort: 14 Reflex: 15 Will: 14 Speed: 6, Initiative: +0
    • HP: 26, Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges: 4/9
    • Powers
    • Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    • Phantom Bolt
    • Thunderwave
    • Storm Pillar
    • Grasping Shadows
    • Summon Fire Warrior
    • Dailys and Utilities stored in Spellbook
    • Grease
    • Items
    • Tome of Binding (encounter/free) +3 damage for summonings that turn
    • Ceramic Hand Focus used to control Unseen Servants
    • Guardian Ring: given by the Headmaster
    • Rituals
    • Comprehend Language
    • Create Campsite
    • Unseen Servant
    • Residuum: 45 gp + 30 from the headmaster
    • Healing Potion
    • Gold in pocket: 31
    • Skills
    • Arcana, Religion: 9
    • Nature: 8
    • Dungeoneering, Insight: 6
    • History: 4
    • Endurance: 3
    • Heal, Perception: 1
    • Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Stealth, Streetwise, Thievery: 0
    • Athletics: -1
    • (Key: At-Will, Encounter, Daily, Magical Equipment, Consumable, Used)
        • _______________
          Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
          « Last edit by Viktor on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:46 pm. »
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Alfred plays with his conjurations while moving closer to the pile of rubble.

Initiative: Status
Laz: 15/24
--> Gharnash: 8/24 (Bloodied, +1 hit, +2 AC)
Blue Sharpshooter: Down 14
Human Mage: Down 31 (Bloodied, left the room)
Goblin Boss: Dead
Red Goblin: Dead
Yellow Goblin: Dead
Green Goblin: Dead

Curator: 20/28
Alfred: 13/26 (Bloodied)

You're still level one - there's plenty of time for adjustments/tweeks to the characters. =).

User posted image
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Ok, goblin, where did that human go?" Laz asks the sharpshooter.

OOC: Thanks for skipping my turn! In actuality, I was going to delay anyways.

  •  Laz
    • Male Changeling Sorceror 1
    • Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 11
    • AC:15, Fort:11, Reflex:14, Will:17 - Speed:6
    • HP:15/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:4/7
    • Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Resist Fire 5
    •  
      • Powers
        • Changeling Disguise (Shapeshift, +5 to Bluff vs. Insight)
        • Chaos Bolt (R10; Will; Hit: d10; if even, att within 5, 1d6)
        • Dragonfrost (R10; Fort; Hit: d8, push 1 sq)
        • Changeling Trick (M1; Bluff vs. passive Insight, gain CA)
        • Bedeviling Burst (Cb3 (1 or 2); Will; 1 or 2; Hit: d10, push 4; if even, slide
        • Chromatic Orb (R10; Ref; Hit: 3d10, d6 for effect; Miss: d10, d6 for effect
          • 1: Radiant, dazed (save ends); 2: Fire, adj. to target takes 4 fire
          • 3: Poison, 5 OGD poison (save ends); 4: Lightning, slide 4
          • 5: Cold, immobile (save ends); 6: Psychic, -2 AC (save ends)
         
      • Items
        • Dagger (Implement)
        • Quarterstaff (Implement)
        • Healing Potion
        • Sunrods x2
        • Hempen Rope (50 feet)
         
      • Abilities
        • Basic Melee +4 (+3 Prof, +1 Exp)
        • Basic Range +5 vs. Fort (+4 Cha, +1 Exp)
        • Chaos Burst 1st att. roll: +1 AC if even; save if odd
        • Chaos Power +4 damage
        • Unfettered Power 20: slide 1 & prone; 1: Push all 1
        • Wild Soul Roll d10 for resist & avoidance of resist
          • 1: Acid; 2: Cold; 3: Fire; 4: Force; 5 Lightning
          • 6: Necrotic; 7: Poison; 8: Psychic; 9: Radiant; 10: Thunder
         
      • Skills
        • Acrobatics +9 (+4 Dex, +5 trained)
        • Arcana +6 (+1 Int, +5 trained)
        • Athletics +0 (+0 Str)
        • Bluff +11 (+4 Cha, +5 trained, +2 race)
        • Diplomacy +4 (+4 Cha)
        • Dungeoneering -1 (-1 Wis)
        • Endurance +6 (+1 Con, +5 trained)
        • Heal -1 (-1 Wis)
        • History +1 (+1 Int)
        • Insight +1 (-1 Wis, +2 race)
        • Intimidate +4 (+4 Cha)
        • Nature -1 (-1 Wis)
        • Perception -1 (-1 Wis)
        • Religion +1 (+1 Int)
        • Stealth +4 (+4 Dex)
        • Streetwise +4 (+4 Cha)
        • Thievery +4 (+4 Dex)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"Stop shooting at me and I'll tell you! Just let me go, and I'll tell you everything I know!"

Hah, whoops! Totally unintentional. You guys can pretty much go in any order at this point.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"Quit doing that!" Gharnash yells at the sharpshooter, before again lobbing a burst of cold at it.

OOC: IC is still down. Dragonfrost is +4 vs FORT, +1 for 24h, +1 for dragonborn fury, so +6 total. 1d8+8 cold damage on a hit.

  •   Gharnash
    •  Male Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer 1
    •  Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
    •  AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 - Speed:6
    •  HP:8/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:7, Surges left:2/7
    •  Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
    •  +1 att while bloodied, +2 AC after first bloodied, Resist 5 lightning
    •  
    •  Powers
    •  Burning Spray
    •  Dragonfrost
    •  Dragon Breath
    •  Tempest Breath
    •  Dragonfang Bolt
    •  Healing Potion
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"It sounds like someone is rummaging around nearby. The sounds are coming from the, err, the northeast wall." comments Alfred as he cautiously peers around Curator's shoulder at the goblin shooter, to see if it still lives.

OOC: Thanks Mike. I'll play around with charbuilder then. I think Curator should be at 703 or at least the plan was for Alfred to hide behind him. :mrgreen:
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Gharnash takes his turn in targeting the sharpshooter, hitting him for 12 and drawing a fair amount of blood. Knowing he can't escape, the goblin repeats his pleas for mercy.

Initiative: Status
Gharnash: 8/24 (Bloodied, +1 hit, +2 AC)
--> Laz: 15/24
Blue Sharpshooter: Down 26 (Bloodied)
Human Mage: Down 31 (Bloodied, left the room)
Goblin Boss: Dead
Red Goblin: Dead
Yellow Goblin: Dead
Green Goblin: Dead

Curator: 20/28
Alfred: 13/26 (Bloodied)

User posted image
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War

Page: « < ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Treasures of Varinia » Chapter 1: Gainful Employment

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software