DeadGoblins.com » Dungeon Delves » Coppernight Hold

Coppernight Hold

Moderators: Gary, Jonathan Berg, Josh, Michael Doss, nmathew, Viktor.

Page: « < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 308
Location: San Diego
OOC: On what rolls do we add a +1 for 24hrs bonus?
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4477
The warlock makes his way easily through the countryside.

Endurance check (+2 skill, +1 24hr) (1d20+3=23)

OOC: Critical Endurance check! Also, Sered Val doesn't buy any new equipment.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7638
Sered Val takes the lead and barely breaks out a sweat throughout the whole trip.


Ari wrote
OOC: On what rolls do we add a +1 for 24hrs bonus?


OOC: The +1 for 24 hours counts for all rolls that do not deal damage.
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4477
OOC: I think generally any d20 roll.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 308
Location: San Diego
The perhaps difficult travel seems to be a pleasant warm-up.

Endurance check (+6skill, +1 24hr) (1d20+6+1=26)

Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 4865
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Khorvan is able to keep up with his allies with no difficulties.

Endurance (24H) (1d20+3+1=15)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 16 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2496
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Ishara feels one with her surroundings during their trek.

Nature check: 1d20+6+1=21
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3068
Gal-Uk decides to pace himself, giving his body the bare minimum work to keep up with the group.

Endurance check +24h (1d20+8+1=13)
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Ahhh... what better way to start of an adventure than pleasant stroll though the countryside.

Endurance check (1d20+4+1=19)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7638
Without too many difficulties, the group treks throught he countryside. As they approach the site of Kavalar Coppernights operation, Ishara and Khorvan notice that atop a low rise there's an excavation site, partially protected by
a high wooden fence. Rubble lies strewn about the area. The best direction to approach the low rise appears to be from the south, which is where the group heads.

Getting closer, Ishara of the Deva believes she can even hear the movement of small creatures beyond the fence.

OOC: How will the group approach and where will each of you place your characters (exact square please, using the grid)? The fence can be jumped with athletics DC10. Anything that looks like rubble is difficult terrain. Most difficult terrain squares are marked with a white triangle. Although not visible, the north and western sides are unpassabble due to a rocky face. Up is north. If you want to do any active rolls to find out more, like perception, stealth, etc. feel free to do so. I only used preliminary passive perception for you guys so far. If you want to discuss strategy, I've opened a thread.

User posted image
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3068
Gal-Uk tries to notice anything more about the area. His senses seem to buzz with increased awareness, as even the smallest noise and movement become known to him.

Perception +24h (1d20 +1=21)

OOC: CRIT perception check... who says you need a bonus? BTW, is the majority of the map not showing up intentional?
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7638
The others hang back while Gal-Uk moves to the top of the rise in a half-crouch, hardly making a sound. Even Korg is impressed by his kin's ability to move silently.

Gal-Uk reaches the top of the rise, near the southwestern debris and toppled pillars, and looks down. He sees more than a dozen small, reptilian humanoids surrounding an excavation pit, working in unison. The majority of them appear to be wearing hide armor, light shields, and javelins. However, nearer the mine shaft in the pit, Gal-Uk also sees three different looking reptilians in leather armor, with daggers and slings. They appear to be overseeing the operations.

Just as Gal-Uk turns back to return to the others, her hears a sudden reptilian shriek. He looks back and notices the creature at the far-northeastern section point at him, while shrieking to the others.

User posted image

User posted image

OOC: I want to allow each of you to decide where to place your character anywhere along row 10. If you have no preference, I'll arrange the PC's. To answer Jonathan's question, I blanked out most of the map at first because you were going up a rise and I wanted to give you guys the opportunity to scout. In this instance, I rolled stealth for Gal-Uk (high roll), but the reptilian topped it. In future encounters, you guys can specify what, if any, stealth/scouting you want to do.
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2496
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: I don't think we ever determined a walking order or anything like that. I'm fine with a random placement for Ishara.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 4865
Location: Los Angeles, CA
OOC: Khorvan is mostly a melee guy, so he'd be towards the front. He can be at G10.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 16 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 308
Location: San Diego
Hearing the shrieks, Arjhan springs into action. He trys to position himself between his foes and the less armored companions, attempting to establish a front-line with gal-uk
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4477
OOC: Sered would probably be somewhere middle-to-back.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
OOC - Damn... lots going on here, and not much room to maneuver. Put me wherever.
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3068
OOC: Gal-Uk would be at or near the front, but for this battle he should begin wherever you had him scouting from.

How deep is the pit?
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7638
Noticing that Gal-Uk must have been spotted, the rest of you hurry to the top. Arjhan leaps on top of the debris next to Gal-Uk, taking the front line. The rest of you take up position behind teh 8 foot high fence not to far off. Although it isn't possible to jab your weapons through the fence, you clearly notice many creatures moving behind it. Before any of you can act, Gal-Uk sees that the reptilians with the slings shout some commands and then the creature that sounded the alarm moves south to join it's comrades nearer the fence.

User posted image

User posted image

OOC: You can also choose to jump into the excavation pit, taking falling damage minus benefits from acrobatics to prevent falling damage. I misremembered the DC roll for scaling the fence earlier, it's actually DC15 athletics not 10.

Initiative Order:
Brown Slinger:
Grey Slinger:
Periwinkle Kobold:
->Sered Val: 26/26
Ishara: 26/26
Lavender Kobold:
Yellow Kobold:
Tan Kobold:
Purple Kobold:
Korg: 26/26
Green Kobold:
Arjhan: 31/31
Gal-Uk: 29/29
Blue Kobold:
Sage Kobold:
Red Kobold:
Orange kobold:
Pink Kobold:
Black Slinger:
Khorvan: 28/28
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2496
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: Is the pit (D2/E3) also 5 feet? or just the sunken area?
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4477
The warlock glares around the battlefield looking at all of his possible targets. He realizes that the nearest kobold cannot reach him and decides to test its mettle. "You shall not see another sunrise, beast!" He then forms arcane energy in his hands and fires it towards the small humanoid, hitting it square in the chest.

Minor Action: Warlock's Curse on Green (Can place on nearest visible enemy and deal extra damage (1d6) if you hit; Multiple enemies can be cursed in encounter, only one per turn; Cursed target reduced to 0 provides Fate of the Void bonus)

Curse Damage (1d6=3)

Standard Action: Eldritch Blast on Green (Cha vs. Ref; Hit: 1d10+3 dam)

Eldritch Blast (+3 Cha, +1 implement, +1 Prime Shot, +1 24hr) (1d20+6=23, 1d10+3=12)

OOC: Curse Green (foe at E9), then Eldritch Blast hitting Reflex of 23 for 12 damage, with 3 bonus damage. That makes 15 total damage on a hit. When Green dies, I get +1 bonus on a d20 roll next turn. This was my effort to feel out what are hopefully minions.


  •  Sered Val
    • Male Deva Warlock 1
    • Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
    • AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:14 - Speed:6
    • HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/8
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Resist Necrotic 5, Resist Radiant 5
    •  
    • Powers
      • Eldritch Blast
      • Dire Radiance
      • Warlock's Curse
      • Fate of the Void
      • Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
      • Dreadful Word
      • Dread Star
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2496
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: Can we do ranged attacks THROUGH the fence?
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4477
OOC: Oh, I didn't even think of that. If that's the case, I would like to delay my turn instead.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
« Last edit by Josh on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:33 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3068
OOC: On the plus side, assuming the kobolds are indeed minions, Arjhan and Khorvan should be able to take a bunch of them with dragon breath, as they are fairly bunched up, and likely to be more so.
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7638
Michael Doss wrote
OOC: Can we do ranged attacks THROUGH the fence?


OOC: Alas, the fence does not have large enough holes to attack through. So, if a ranged attack requires LOS (line of sight), then the fence is obstructive. If anyone has any ranged attacks that do not require LOS, then feel free to blast away (not sure if the new characters/races might be able to do that). Does dragonbreath require LOS? Although a fence would probably prevent at least some of the breath from going through. I'll think of something if Khorvan tries it or let me know if anyone knows the rules regarding wooden 8 foot fences and dragon breath ;) . Josh, you can retake Sered Val's turn or specify until after whom you would like to delay.

Regarding the mining shaft inside the excavation pit: it's a 20 foot drop and there's a rope ladder hanging from the southern lip of the shaft.
« Last edit by Viktor on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:54 pm. »

Page: « < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Dungeon Delves » Coppernight Hold

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software