DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Umbraforge

Umbraforge

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
With a sceptical look on his face, "Are you guys sure this is the right place?"
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"People really should be happier while drinking," says Hedoni, looking around, "but to each their own. I'm not sure we're going to just blend in here, though. See anyone that'd know what we need to know?"
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Hmmmm......" he "hmmm's" looking around the room. His face impassive, Ravenblade moves his head to the left and then to the right very slowly, his eyes trailing behind.

"See dat mon in daa corna? If we beat him, he weel tok, no?" the ranger says with a strange accent and distant expression, pointing seemingly at random at one of the customers sitting at a corner table.

Streetwise roll. (1d20+2=3)
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Doing his best to pretend he didn't enter the establishment with the dwarf, Salazar noses around for anyone who might have heard of Modra, or at least knows a guy who knows a guy...

Streetwise (24H) (1d20+8+1=19)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth snorts in suppressed laughter and casts a sideways glace at Ravenblade

"Quit clowning around."
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal walks in with a wide, sharp-toothed grin. "Ah, greetings. I would love to join you for tea and devotion. Unfortunately, we have more pressing concerns...dealing with evil. Maybe I can help around here while my friends ask some questions."

Diplomacy check (+10 skill, +1 24hr) (1d20+11=17)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Ah, wonderful. I will go get some tea." Mal says to Prashant as he rushes down the stairs.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Mal goes downstairs to the kitchen. He sees a large wood stove that burns throughout the day, heating the common room above by way of narrow vents. A large pot of bubbling porridge sits on the stove. A large teapot sits on the counter next to some chipped earthen empty cups arranged on trays. To the right of the staircase is a door leading to a larder stocked with oats, barley, and enormous quantities of average-quality tea. To the left is a closed door. Currently there are two volunteers downstairs; one in the kitchen stirring the hot porridge and one in the larder.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
With his big, sharp-toothed grin, the tiefling says, "Hail! I am Mal and I am here to help serve some tea."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"My friends and I have had some dealings with some associates of Modra's," Salazar replies, "and we'd like to take our unfinished business up with Modra himself, if you catch my meaning. Have you heard anything that might help us find him?" The mage slides five gold pieces out of his pouch and places them on the table.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Sat May 30, 2009 8:05 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade seems to awaken from a confused daze and catches sight of Salazar talking to a shifty looking fellow, seeing gold exchange hands. As he glances around the room, he tries to notice anything out of place.

Perception roll. (1d20+11+1=17)

He then moves over to Daggoth (to J24) and morphs his clothes into chainmail. "You know. I have a bad feeling about this place." he tells Daggoth.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"Hmmm... agreed... I'm going to hang back here and stay out of the way, and keep an eye out..."
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Ah, thank you." Mal says as he takes the tea kettle and moves up the stairs to start filling cups.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni also keeps his distance, near the dragonborn, trying his best to watch everyone in the room.

Perception check: 1d20+6+1=19
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"On the contrary, sir," Salazar replies, "you look like a man who's experienced far more than I could guess. Any light your hard-earned wisdom could shine on our quarry would be most welcome. What sort of meetings he held here, for example."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Watching the man Salazar was speaking to leave, he wonders what the two talked about and why he decided to leave just as the goup arrived. The ranger focuses on the man's features just before he moves through the door, trying to remember the details of his face.

"I wonder what Salazar said to make that man leave the comforts of this establishment, eh?"

OOC: Just wondering, we have no idea what Modra looks like and whether that's the name he's using, so that guy could have been him. On the other hand I have no idea what a dark creeper is or looks like, so maybe he doesn't fit the description.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Thank you for your help," Salazar tells the veteran. With that, he returns to the group, and shares his findings. "Perhaps the proprietors can shed more light on Modra's dealings here, if he was a regular. Anyone want to ask them? Mal, you've got a better way with delicate words, perhaps you can talk to them about Mdora?"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal looks up from pouring tea and listening to the reading. He sidles over and whispers, "Huh? What would you like me to ask, cousin?"
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Seeing nothing of interest happening at the moment, other than Mal turning into a fine waiter, Daggoth plops down in the nearest open chair. He leans back and crosses his arms and listens to the reading.

OOC: plopping into chair at J24
« Last edit by marek on Sun May 31, 2009 6:15 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Ask them about what sort of meetings Modra used to run here. His business, and such."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade sits down next to Daggoth, also listening to the reading. After a short while his eyes glaze over as if he is focusing on something far away.

"Methylmalonic Acidemia....subtype....h-e-a-d, h-u-r-t-s...."

He seems to suddenly snap out of his reverie and looks around the room in surprise. "Hmmm......where are we?" he breathes into his beard.

OOC: That is how my day has been.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Umbraforge

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software