DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Umbraforge

Umbraforge

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 32 33 34 35 36

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal looks at the armor and says, "I think I have gotten all I can out of what I am wearing. If I might be so obliged, I wouldn't mind using this cold armor."

OOC: This is fine, thanks! Without AV on hand, I can't really see much of what else is out there, and I don't want to spend a ton of time Sunday figuring it out. Besides, I like the effect.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Once the group is back in their room and not under immediate surveillance, Ravenblade begins speaking quietly. "Well, Sarshan seems to have another task for us tomorrow, but I'm not sure we should stick around for that. The longer we stay in the Shadowfell, the less chance we have to give Overlook advance warning about the invasion. I'm also thinking that Sarshan may not be as convinced as he is letting us believe about our loyalties. Right now, we're neatly close by for him to keep an eye on us AND being prevented from warning Overlook. At the very least, he may have sent out spies to find out more about each of us and will quickly realize that we are do-gooders and not greedy mercenaries, once he hears about what we did in Brindol. Not to mention that Myrissa must be around her somewhere and she may be plotting to have us killed, despite whatever Sarshan may think. Well, all things told, my opinion is that we make our escape before tomorrow morning."

OOC: We should try to come up with a decision before meeting up tomorrow, so we don't spend all our time debating and can have fun with encounters. I vote for getting out of here. By the way, I've updated my stat block at the bottom here to reflect the new +2 defenses, even though I'm not sure about which neck item yet. I'll be gone for the rest of the day however, so feel free to discuss and decide without me. At the very least we should have a long rest and then make our escape before dawn if that's what we decide.

  •  Ravenblade
    • Male Dwarf Ranger, Level 6
    • Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 17
    • AC: 21(14), Fort: 19, Reflex: 17, Will: 19, Speed: 5, Initiative: +4
    • HP: 57, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges: 8,
    • +5 to save against poison, -1 space against forced movement
    • Basic Melee: 1d20+10+1;1d10.minroll(3)+7 (includes 24h bonus)  
    • Powers
    • Hit and Run
    • Twin Strike
    • Evasive Strike
    • Thundertusk Boar Strike
    • Unbalancing Parry (imd reac: miss me with melee; slide enemy adj; c. adv)
    • Weave Through the Fray (imd inter: enemy moves adjacent to me; shift 4)
    • Jaws of the Wolf
    • Two-Wolf Pounce
    • Imposter's Chainmail +2 (at-will/polymorph)
    • Lightning Craghammer +1 (daily)
    • Wavestrider Boots (daily)
    • Alchemical Silver
    • Ghoststrike Oil
    • Life Shroud
    • Potion of Healing x3
    • (Key: At-Will, Encounter, Daily, Magical Equipment, Consumable, Used)
    • _______________
      Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
      « Last edit by Viktor on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:45 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Viktor wrote
Would it be okay to choose a level 7 neck slot item instead? Thanks for letting us do this.


OOC: I guess you CAN pick a level 7 item instead, but you'd be shortchanging Ravenblade. A level 8 item is worth 3,400 gold and a level 7 item is worth 2,600. You can wait until Sunday and have look at our books before making a final decision.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"We're do-gooders and not greedy mercenaries?" Salazar asks, confused. "I need to have another look at our charter..."

"In any case," the mage tells the group, "We have no way of our own back to the World, but Sarshan was going to send us there to deliver the weapons to the gnolls. Might as well wait and let him."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"I agree with my cousin. When have we done anything for money except to save one of our own? And look at all of the prisoners you guys have killed, or wanted to kill, in cold blood. We know Sarshan can send us back. If we leave now, Sarshan will be hunting for us AND we have no idea where to go."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Hmmmmm.....what do the rest of you think? Also, when should we break the foundry? Can we even do that if we're very far away or in a different world?" says Ravenblade, looking questioningly at Daggoth and then Hedoni.

OOC: 2 for waiting for Sarshan's orders. 1 for trying to sneak off. I'm fine with whatever, but want to hit Gary and Emily's place rolling, so to speak. ;)
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:24 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
The group decides not to try and sneak out of the tower at night and waits for the meeting with Sarshan the next day.
During the night you each have a vivid dream.

  •   For Mal only
      It is night and you are walking alone down a worn dirt path. It is very dark, there are no stars or moon, and you cannot tell where you have come from or where you are going. It seems that you walk in the deep night along the empty path for hours, days, or even years. You yearn for some light, any light, and then far in the distance you see a glimmer. Grouped around a blazing campfire are Salazar, Hedoni, Ravenblade and Daggoth. Ravenblade looks up and sighs “Its about time. What took you so long?”

      Then the scene shifts and you see a familiar sword in a glass case. It glows softly and a woman’s voice comes from the blade “I need your help. Please release me.”
  •   For Salazar only
      You are walking alone and naked down a worn dirt path. It is very cold and you cannot tell where you have come from or where you are going. It seems that you walk in the deep night along the empty path for hours, days, or even years. You are hungry, cold and bored. Then far in the distance you see a glimmer. Grouped around a blazing campfire are Mal, Hedoni, Ravenblade and Daggoth. Mal looks up and sighs “Its about time. What took you so long?”

      Then the scene shifts and you see a familiar sword in a glass case. It glows softly and a woman’s voice comes from the blade “I need your help. Please release me.”
  •   For Ravenblade only
      You are walking alone down a long dark tunnel. The cold stone around you feels sterile and lifeless. You yearn for some sign of life, the rustling of leaves, the chitter of birdsong or the babble of a brook. It seems that you walk in the empty stone tunnel hours, days, or even years. Then far in the distance you see a glimmer of light and hear the sounds of life. A breeze stiris against your face and you enter a bright glade of young birch tress. Grouped around a blazing campfire are Salazar, Hedoni, Mal and Daggoth. Salazar looks up and sighs “Its about time. What took you so long?”

      Then the scene shifts and you see a familiar sword in a glass case. It glows softly and a woman’s voice comes from the blade “I need your help. Please release me.
  •   For Daggoth only
      You are walking alone down a featureless and worn dirt path. The air still and you cannot tell where you have come from or where you are going. It seems that you walk along the empty path for hours, days, or even years. You yearn for something to do or someone to talk to, but there is only the monotonous road stretching forward. Then far in the distance you see a glimmer of light and hear the sounds of life. Grouped around a blazing campfire are Salazar, Hedoni, Ravenblade and Mal. Ravenblade looks up and sighs “Its about time. What took you so long?

      Then the scene shifts and you see a familiar sword in a glass case. It glows softly and a woman’s voice comes from the blade “I need your help. Please release me.”
  •   For Hedoni only
      That night you have a very vivid dream. You are walking alone down a long dark tunnel. The cold stone around feels sterile and lifeless. You yearn for some sign of life, sound of laughing voices, the taste of rich food and drink, the feel of a woman’s touch. It seems that you walk in the empty bleak tunnel hours, days, or even years. Then far in the distance you see a glimmer of light and hear the sounds of laughter. The scent of roast meat greets you as enter a brightly lit room with comfortable furniture. Grouped around a blazing hearth sit Salazar, Mal, Ravenblade and Daggoth. Daggoth looks up and sighs “Its about time. What took you so long?”

      Then the scene shifts and you see a familiar sword in a glass case. It glows softly and a woman’s voice comes from the blade “I need your help. Please release me.”
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Michael Doss on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:14 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
To be continued...

End gold: 7130
End Exp: 43509
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light

Page: « < ... 32 33 34 35 36

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Umbraforge

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software