DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Umbraforge

Umbraforge

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 >

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Michael Doss wrote
OOC: Gah. This thing's got at least 290 HP. I'm glad there's 5 of us...


OOC: Nope. It seems Emily just accidentally dropped the bloodied tag. In post 839 it was down 101 and not bloodied, and in post 843 it was down 138 and bloodied. So it has between 203 and 275 HP. Although I think 843 had it bloodied at 120-something, before Emily fixed Ravenblade's damage, so probably between 203 and 250ish HP.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: Oh, nevermind. We can totally kick its dragon ass.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
OOC: Sorry, too many darned modifiers on that dragon to keep track of. He was bloodied.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal feels the acid burning farther into his skin and the flames from his cousin just nick his hair. "Watch it, Salazar! We are going to win this, no need to drop me in the process." Without Daggoth nearby, the warlord gives Ravenblade a look, before attacking the dragon. The dragon is distracted by the quick, but weak, thrust of Mal's glaive, and Ravenblade is able to smash into the dragon's scales hard. Finally, Mal decides to leave the island of fire and darkness and leaps back over the moat. Once he is on the other side, he is able to brush the last bits of acid onto his armor, where the acid just slides right off.

Vesitige of Ugar damage (1d10+3-8=1)

Minor Action: Improved Inspiring Word +1 (One ally gets Healing Surge +2d6+4 HP)

IIW+1 (Mal) (12+2d6+4=21)

Standard Action: Hammer and Anvil (Str. vs. Ref; Hit: 1W+3 damage, one ally adjacent gets basic melee attack on target as free action with +3 damage)

Hammer and Anvil (+10 W, +1 24hr, +1 vs. bloodied) (1d20+12=22, 2d4+4=9)

Ravenblade Basic Melee Attack (Str vs. AC, +10 W bonus; Hit: 1d10.minroll(3)+7 dam; +1d6 dam on crit) (1d20+11=27, 1d10.minroll(3)+7+4=20)

Move Action: Move to I2 (H6, H5, jump over I4, I3, land in I2)

Athletics check, Long Jump (+11 skill, +1 24hr) (1d20+12=21)

Save vs. OGD, -4 to AC (1d20+1=8)

Free Action: Delver (Gain +2 power bonus to a saving throw just rolled; use new result)

OOC: Mal takes 5 on going damage, and 1 fire damage (down to 12 HP). Then, uses IIW+1 on self, to heal 21 HP (up to 33 HP, down to 6 surges). Uses H&A to hit Reflex 22 for 9 damage. Ravenblade gets a melee basic attack that hits AC 27 for 23 damage (forgot the +3 damage from H&A). Mal then moves away and jumps across the moat (Jump check 21=4 squares...if you end movement in air, you fall, if no damage, you do not fall prone) and lands at I2. Save vs. OGD and -4 AC fails with an 8, use Delver's to add +2 to the roll...SAVED!


  •  Mal Geminous
    • Male Tiefling Warlord 6
    • Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
    • AC:21, Fort:18, Reflex:16, Will:18 - Speed:5
    • HP:33/50, Bloodied:25, Surge Value:12, Surges left:6/8
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Resist Fire 8
    •  
    • Powers
      • Basic Melee Attack +10 (+3 Str, +2 Prof, +1 Exp, +3 lvl, +1 W)
      • Damage: 2d4+4 (2d4 Glaive, +3 Str, +1 W)
      • Inspiring Presence (+6 HP when ally uses AP)
      • Opening Shove (Push 1, one ally can shift 3 or basic melee)
      • Wolf Pack Tactics (1W, ally shifts one before attack)
      • Improved Inspiring Word +1 x2 (surge +2d6+4 HP)
      • Unbalancing Infernal Wrath (+1 att, +3 dam, grant allies Comb. Adv.)
      • Inspired Belligerence (grant allies Comb. Adv., +3 dam.)
      • Hammer and Anvil (1W, grant ally basic melee with +3 att and dam)
      • Warlord's Strike (2W, grant allies +4 dam.)
      • Fearless Rescue (Rxn: +1 A, 2W; ally drops, provide surge+1d6/OA)
      • Staggering Spin (1W, push adj. enemies 1 sq, grant melee v. pushed)
      • Stand Tough (grants 13 HP to all)
      • Glaive of Terror +1 (+1d8 crit; daily: -2 to def, save ends)
      • Delver's Scale +1 (daily: +2 to saving throw)
      • Couters of Second Chances (daily: reroll missed att.)
      • Healing Potions (+10 HP)
      • Hempen Rope (50ft)
      • Grappling Hook, Hammer, Pitons (10)
      • Hand Axe x2
      • Waraxe, Light Shield
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Blinded in the dark zone Ravenblade senses, more than sees, Mal's look and intention to strike at the right moment. He feels his lightning craghammer bash off several scales and smash flesh with sparkling and sizzling. "This has got to be the strangest fight I've ever been in. Floating on acid, blind, feeling icy wind rush past me while raging fire flares nearby, burning skin, and now I could swear I almost knew what Mal was thinking without even hearing him." he comments quietly to himself, not knowing if anyone could even hear him.

OOC: Nice rolls, Josh. At this rate, we'll be eating dragon meat for dinner.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
OOC: Forgot about the blindness...I guess that means Ravenblade hits 22 vs. AC.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
« Last edit by Josh on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:56 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Mal takes 6 damage from his cousin's fire and the lingering acid on his skin. With Ravenblade's assistance, even while the dwarf is blind, the pair manage to do 32 damage to the dragon.

No longer defiant, the dragon wails in fear and pain "You hurt my leg! It is bleeding. I do do not want to stay here!" As he lifts into the air, he takes 5 damage from the thunder ball and 11 from the surrounding fire 1d10+3=11. The beast wings away, its whining voice quickly fading.

The group gains 875 experience.

Final Status
Salazar: 56/56
Hedoni: 23/44
Ravenblade: 26/57
Daggoth: 51/67
Mal: 33/50
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
OOC: How far up did it fly? Salazar has range 10 powers he can still shoot at it. I'd like to bring it down, keep it from coming back to get us later, and maybe make some new boots. :)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Well, that wasn't so bad. Let's get this cart back on the other side of the acid."

IIW+1 (Ravenblade, Hedoni) (14+2d6+4=26, 11+2d6+4=26)

OOC: Heal Ravenblade and Hedoni 26 HP each. Ravenblade is at 52, Hedoni is full. Mal chooses not to heal at the moment. Oh, and Hedoni's will be the one after the short rest.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: Hedoni can be convinced to help take down the beast also. Or teleport to it, and ride it around...
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade, still standing on the acid water, blinks several times as his eyes re-adjust to the brightness. He flinches back a step as he sees the raging inferno dwindle on the island. He casts his gaze skyward at the departing dragon. "One so young should not have had to suffer such pain as we inflicted." he sighs and is surprised to find that he is glad they didn't kill the creature.

Seeing Hedoni and Salazar stretch out their arms as if to hurl some more spells, Ravenblade runs around the water ring towards them. "Leave it be! He's just a youngling that was out playing! Let's get this cart over the acid water. I can help guide it if one of you mages can somehow lighten the load."

OOC: The dragon was technically able to at least double-move to fly off.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
OOC: The dragon shifted up one and then moved away by overland flight. It is 11 squares away. If you want to keep fighting it, by all means.

Initiative: Status
Black Dragon: down 194, cursed, marked, bloodied
->Salazar: 56/56
Hedoni: 23/44
Ravenblade: 26/57, 5ogd and -4AC, blinded, bloodied
Daggoth: 51/67
Mal: 33/50, 5ogd and -4AC
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar aims his wand at the fleeing dragon, and the wand's tip begins to flame... but before he finishes his spell, he lowers his arm, muttering to himself. Those with sharp ears can hear snippets of his grumbling.

"Soft-hearted... could've found the hoard... nice pair of boots... had it coming... who ever heard of a dwarf that... youngling my..."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Salazar realizes the beast is too far away for him to reach with his spell. Mal heals Ravenblade and Hedoni.

OOC: Shall we continue on to Umbraforge and Sarshan then? Did you want to have a closer look at the stuff in the cart? Rest?

Final Status
Salazar: 56/56
Hedoni: 44/44
Ravenblade: 52/57
Daggoth: 51/67
Mal: 33/50
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"The dwarf's probably right. Maybe this was enough to teach him a lesson."

With a nod to Mal, Hedoni looks around the bog some, then fey steps to the island to see if the dragon left anything, and the best way to get the cart out.

"Say," remarks Hedoni, to no one in particular, "how much you think this thing weighs?"

Arcana, Nature and Perception checks: (1d20+14+1=17, 1d20+10+1=20, 1d20+7+1=17)

OOC: I'm ready to move on, assuming we don't need to do anything special to get the cart over the acid.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Harruumph!" snorts Ravenblade in response to Salazar's muttering. However, a smile appears in one corner of his mouth and he wisely decides to not say anything.

To Hedoni, "It's pretty heavy and will sink in the acid water. Maybe if you conjure up that floating thingy you had back in Rivenroar, I could help guide it off the island. Or we could just try tossing it over. After that, let's take some time to examine what kind of equipment Sarshan gives his troops. Could be useful information for the Council of Overlook."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:26 pm. »
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"I was thinking the same thing. If nothing else, it'll give you some help with the load."

Hedoni digs into his bag of holding, pulls out some vials and bottles, and begins to work the arcane energies around him.

Arcana check for Tenser's Floating Disk ritual: (1d20+14+1=27)

Suddenly, in the middle of Hedoni's workspace, a flat, almost transparent surface appears. The wizard then stands up, gets on top of the disk, and jumps up and down a few times. "This'll carry about a half-ton, no problem. Save any of you having to tow it the rest of the way, too."
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
After resting a little first and thanking Mal for his healing aid, Ravenblade proceeds to help the others move the cart off the island. With some shifting of goods between cart and floating disk and then some good old fashioned use of muscle and sinew, the group will hopefully manage without incident.

"Allright then, let's take an inventory and try to maybe figure out what's in that box at the back of the cart." says Ravenblade, eyeing the cart and box suspiciously, trying to discern any hidden mechanisms, secret compartments, or mysticism.

Perception and Arcana rolls. (1d20+12+1=21, 1d20+2+1=12)
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Let's not mess too much with the contents. We don't want Sarshan too suspicious of us before we make it back to Overlook."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I agree with Mal," Salazar says, "plus, Sarshan said that if we were quick, he'd just give us a couple of the items. No reason to risk that by making him suspicious of us."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Fine, fine... no touching for now.

Daggoth sulks a bit, wanting to know what is in the box. He casts a dubious glance at the acidic pool.

Hey Mal, while you're over there can you grab my handaxe?

OOC: I'll take a surge to get back to full.
« Last edit by marek on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:51 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Hmmmm....good point. We'd better not tarry here then, not only for Sarshan's sake, but it's best if we don't get caught in this swamp at night." Ravenblade then readies himself to once more take the lead and help guide the group back to Umbraforge.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
OOC: Mal is not technically on the island right now. He already jumped back over.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade watches Sarshan depart in silence. After a moment of pensiveness, he grabs an item from the cart. "I could really use one of these. I think. Well, not that I'm sure what it does, but it kind of looks like it might help keep me alive. I hope you guys don't mind if I try to keep myself alive with some extra protection." He then steps back and begins wondering what they should do next.

"So, shall we retire to our room and decide...what to do next?"

OOC: Forgot that I had chosen that brooch. Not sure I want another immediate action opportunity at this time, since I've got my two encounter immediates and one can only use one immediate per round. I'll have another look at the items available and decide before the next encounter. Would it be okay to choose a level 7 neck slot item instead? Thanks for letting us do this.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:22 am. »

Page: « < ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 >

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Umbraforge

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software