DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Umbraforge

Umbraforge

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Ravenblade's sharp eyes and experience in the wild help guide the group safely out of the swamp. Not far ahead you see the foothills. Hedoni's cat helps scout ahead and sends him images of a grouping of run-down, wooden buildings just at the base of the hills.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Perceptive as ever, Ravenblade notices Hedoni stumble with a far-off look in his eyes. "What's wrong, Hedoni? We're past the worst of it now."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: Hedoni and the cat can talk, but I don't think they can communicate telepathically (since that's what the "Bonded Familiar" feat does). If the cat wants to wander back and tell me this, that's cool...
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Michael Doss wrote
OOC: Hedoni and the cat can talk, but I don't think they can communicate telepathically (since that's what the "Bonded Familiar" feat does). If the cat wants to wander back and tell me this, that's cool...


OOC: Sorry, I didn't research familiar communication beforehand. You are right - they don't communicate telepathically. "You and your familiar can speak to one another in a special arcane language."

The cat reports back to Hedoni that he saw a grouping of run-down, wooden buildings at the base of the hills and that the area smelled strongly of mice.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"...you and your mice..."

Realizing his cohorts heard the last few words spoken, Hedoni says "There are some run down buildings up ahead, but that's all Ms. 'where's my next meal' could see".
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I think we have to assume the buildings are inhabited by unfriendly creatures bigger than mice," Salazar says. "If I'm wrong and they're full of unguarded platinum pieces, I'll happily buy you all a round at the next tavern we find."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Let's try to sneak up on the houses, shall we?" says Ravenblade and then he tries to discern any movement or ambushes as they approach closer.

1d20+12+1=29 (Perception roll)
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:33 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
« Last edit by Gary on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:31 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade keeps his hands on the hilts of his weapons, trying to look nonchalant. "Aren't we looking for some gnolls and not dark creepers?" he asks quietly of the group.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"First we get the weapons, then we take them to the gnolls," Salazar whispers.

OOC: Note the newly highlighted portions of the quotes above. :)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade scowls in confusion. "Hmmmm.....if you say so. I must have hit my head harder than I thought back there in the swamp." Turning to the dark creepers. "You heard the human! The Doom Guard is here on Sarshan's orders to make a delivery. It's getting later by the minute and we really would rather not traverse the swamp at night on our way back."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
"I'm Aranil," says the first dark creeper defensively. "Let me see that letter." She scans the letter of introduction from Sarshan, scowling as she finishes it. "Very well, wel'll get Sarshan's equipment. But you don't have to be so rude about it. Wait here."

As and her companion walk away towards one of the sheds you can overhear her muttering "Sheesh!, I've never met a dwarf before. I always heard they were stubborn and tough, but I guess they're mean and pushy too." The other replies "Yeah, that human was pretty bossy also. Who do they think they are anyways? Doom Guard? Pfff. What kind of pompous name is that? I much prefer working with other creepers or shadar-kai; generally they are have some manners."

They return a few minutes later pulling a cart ladden with various weapons, armor and other battle gear. You notice that it is made of the same dark metal that Tusk's weapons were made of.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
With a slight bow, Hedoni says, "Many thanks, my good people. You know how Sarshan can get when he's kept waiting. We'll just be on our way."

While securing the cart, Hedoni inspects it to see what he can determine about the weapons.

Arcana and Perception checks: (1d20+14+1=30, 1d20+7+1=13)
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Hedoni looks at the equipment and sees an assortment of short swords, greatswords, and barbed whips. He can sense that the weapons have the characteristic shadowy aura of Sinistranium, the native Shadowfell metal which Tusk's sword was made of. There is also a separate medium sized locked box. Hedoni can sense that there are some magical items inside, but without prying open the box and examining the contents, he can't tell what they might be.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Not really certain how to behave as an enemy arms dealer, Ravenblade continues in a gruff manner. "Okay then. How do we get to the gnoll camp?"
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Shaking his head at the dwarf, Mal says, "First we bring these back to Sarshan."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade frowns in confusion. The dark creepers look at each other and grimace in disgust at his obvious stupidity. "Oh! That's it? Alright, I suppose you'll be wanting me to guide us all the way back safely then." grumbles the dwarf. Before turning around, he sneaks a peek at the dark creepers and quickly turns away in embarrassment when they notice his stare.

OOC: I guess two of us need to pull/push the cart. We can take turns I suppose. Once we're far enough away from this place, we could try to devote a little more time to examining the cargo without looking suspicious, eh? ;)
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Mouth agape and still frozen with shock, Ravenblade says, "I can't believe we just all stood there doing nothing, while that cheeky dragon came and absconded with our goods." He grumbles something in dwarven that nobody can understand. "I suppose we have to go and "rescue" the poor cart in distress if we're to maintain the pretense of helping Sarshan." He keeps his eyes on the direction that the black dragon is flying, trying to remember what he can of such beasts. As usual, he will be the one taking point to lead them on this wild-cart chase through the wilderness.

Perception, nature, dungeoneering, arcana rolls. (1d20+12+1=16, 1d20+12+1=18, 1d20+9+1=30, 1d20+2+1=14)
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:59 pm. »
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: I laughed out loud at the bar when I read about the dragon. I'm throughly entertained by that, though I'm sure Hedoni's pissed.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Look at the upside," Salazar says. "Dragons have treasure, right? Now we just need to follow it to its hoard, kill it, take back the weapons, and count the platinum pieces."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade snorts in reply. "Treasure, bah! Dragons also tend to have very long, sharp teeth, fire in their belly, and an appetite for foolish people entering their dwelling."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:42 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar, stunned, can merely try to bring his focus back to the present.

Save vs Attack Role Penalty:

Save vs Attack Penalty (1d20+1=17)

Success.

Save vs Ongoing Acid (not sure I need this as it isn't mentioned in the status list):

Save vs Acid (1d20+1=12)

Success.


  •  Salazar Miller
    • Male Human Warlock 6
    • Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
    • AC: 20, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 17 - Speed:6
    • HP: 52/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 10/10
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    • Resist 5 fire, 5 Necrotic
    •  
    • Powers
    • Dire Radiance
    • Eldritch Blast
    • Hellish Rebuke
    • Diabolic Grasp
    • Fiery Bolt
    • Fey Switch
    • Ethereal Stride
    • Scorching Burst x2
    • Flames of Phlegethos
    • Vestige of Ugar
    • Cloak of Resistance +1 (Daily)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign

Page: « < ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 > »

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Umbraforge

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software