DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Hammerfist

Hammerfist

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > »

Author Post
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Keying in on Salazar's insight, Hedoni focuses and tries to discern what influence is affecting the housekeeper.

Arcana Check: 1d20+13+1=30
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal's eyes flash red, out of frustration and anger about their lack of success so far, "Look, dwarf, we have a friend rotting in jail right now because of this mess. We need to know who killed this chief and if you have any information, you will tell us."

Intimidate check (1d20+11=23)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Whispering so only Daggoth can hear, Hedoni says "We need to bring her back to Brindol so the authorities can sort this all out, and at least get Ravenblade free for the time being - I'm sure you can convince her."

Hedoni uses his Ghost Sound power to ensure that Daggoth can hear him, even though he's across the room.
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Perhaps this explains why a man who owned nothing but debts suddenly revised his will to leave 'everything' to Ravenblade," Salazar reasons. "I'm not even convinced Baldroc is dead. Faking his own death to get out from under his debts while implicating a suitor to his daughter who displeased him sounds more likely to me."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
« Last edit by Gary on Tue May 19, 2009 3:35 pm. »
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"Faking his own death eh?"

Holding up the brooch Daggoth ponders "I wonder if bard's guild is missing someone lately?"

Turing to the housekeeper and stooping over her. "You will explain this to the authorities back at Brindol. Furthermore I believe you are leaving something out yet. Was there anyone else here that night? And where did Baldoc go? Speak Fool!"

Intimidate! Grrr! (1d20+9+1=11)
Really... really!?!? Another critical failure? You don't say. Why not give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it.
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Tired from the day, Hedoni says to his comrades, "Do we head back? Retire here for the evening? The sooner we get back to town, the sooner we can extricate our friend."
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I say we head back," Salazar replies. "With what we've turned up, I bet the constable will have another look at the case. We might even be able to convince him to let us talk to Ravenblade."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"I agree. I am not comfortable with them holding our friend longer than necessary. Remember that goblin that we captured? I don't think Ravenblade would do particularly well being tied to a post."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
The group decides they've gathered enough information and have a few theories about what happened in Hammerfist.

In the growing dark the party heads back towards Brindol. You come to a causeway over a large marshy stream. You can see a pair of bugbears with morningstars harrassing a dwarf woman. Just beyond is hobgoblin wearing robes and holding a staff and three more hobgoblins with longbows. You can hear her saying "But I don't have any money.Please, let me pass."

User posted image

Initiative: Status
->Hedoni: 40/40
Blue Bugbear: no damage
Plum Bugbear: no damage
Yellow Archer: no damage
Orange Archer: no damage
Red Archer: no damage
White Caster: no damage
Mal: 45/45
Salazar: 51/51
Daggoth: 61/61

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Wed May 20, 2009 2:29 pm. »
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"Let that woman go! Didn't your mothers ever teach you any manners?"

Seeing much of the group standing together on the narrow bridge, Hedoni targets the archers, caster, and one of the bugbears with a cloud of funk.

Standard Action: Cast Stinking Cloud at J17, hitting Plum Bugbear, White Caster, Yellow Archer, Red Archer and Orange Archer.


Stinking Cloud: 1d20+6+1=21, 1d20+6+1=26, 1d20+6+1=13, 1d20+6+1=14, 1d20+6+1=13, 1d10+4=6

Stinking Cloud hits Fortitude 21 on Plum Bugbear, Fortitude 26 on White Caster, Fortitude 13 on Yellow Archer, Fortitude 14 on Red Archer and Fortitude 13 on Orange Archer for 6 poison damage. Line of sight is blocked. Any creatures starting their turn in the cloud take another hit (1d10+4).

OOC: Woohoo! Fighting!

  •  Hedoni Mindartis
    • Male Eladrin Wizard 5
    • Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16
    • AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:18, Will:19 - Speed:6
    • HP:40/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:8/8
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Ray of Frost
      • Scorching Burst
      • Cantrips (Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation)
      • Fey Step
      • Force Orb
      • Icy Rays
      • Shield
      • Jump
      • Acid Arrow
      • Freezing Cloud
      • Bigby's Icy Grasp
      • Stinking Cloud
      • Healing Word
      • (Key: At-Will, Encounter, Daily, Utility, Special, Used/Not Available)

Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
A cloud of noxious gas appears above the hobgoblins. It catches all of them by surprise and they enhale deeply. All under the cloud take 6 damage.

The bugbears look back at the caster and nod, letting him go first. The caster moves forward, raises his staff and lets loose a pulse of force. The wave of force washes over the party. Daggoth and Hedoni are hit hardest for 11 damage. Hedoni stumbles back and both the wizard and fighter are knocked onto their backs. Mal and Salazar keep their balance, but still take 5 damage. White, Yellow, Orange and Plum all take another 8 damage from the stinking cloud at the start of their turns.

The archers fan out and get well away from the noxious cloud. Red and Orange vault the two and a half foot railing and drop down to the marsh below. They move slowl, slogging through the thick wet grasses. Yellow moves up past the dwarf. All three take aim at Mal, and all three arrows splash harmlessly into the water.

Blue moves up to Daggoth and grins down at the prone dragonborn. He swings his morningstar, but Daggoth manages to twist aside and avoid the blow. Plum moves up the planks and then charges at the fighter on the floor. Luckily Daggoth's sheild protects him from the bugbear's attack.

Jumping over the railing is a DC 10 athletics check and is part of a move action. Moving through the marsh is difficult terrain. Swimming in the deepest water requires an athletics swim check.

Initiative: Status
Hedoni: 29/40, prone
White Caster: down 14
Yellow Archer: down 14
Orange Archer: down 14
Red Archer: down 6
Blue Bugbear: no damage
Plum Bugbear: down 14
->Mal: 40/45
Salazar: 46/51
Daggoth: 50/61, prone
Dwarf 20/20

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Finally, something I can hit!" Mal immediately attacks the bugbear in front of his Dragonborn friend. He hits the bugbear hard, leaving an opening for Daggoth that the fighter exploits, even though he is on the ground.

Standard Action: Hammer and Anvil (Str. vs. Ref; Hit: 1W+3 damage, one ally adjacent gets basic melee attack on target as free action with +3 damage)

Hammer and Anvil (+8 W, +1 24hr) (1d20+9, 2d4+4=[14, 9], [3, 1, 4])

Daggoth Basic Melee Attack (Str vs. AC, +11 W bonus; Hit: 1d12+6 dam; +2d6 dam on crit)

Daggoth Basic Melee Attack (+11 W, +1 24hr, -2 prone) (1d20+10=28, 1d12+6=14)

OOC: Hammer and Anvil on Plum Bugbear, hitting Reflex 23 for 8 damage and giving Daggoth an attack (the numbers look weird because I accidently used a comma to separate rolls instead of a semicolon). Daggoth then hits AC 28 on Plum for 17 damage (I forgot to add the H&A +3 to damage). Total of 25 damage. Is there a way I can help him up with a move action? Also, I draw my weapon first, in case I didn't already have it out, but that's only a minor action.


  •  Mal Geminous
    • Male Tiefling Warlord 5
    • Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
    • AC:20, Fort:17, Reflex:15, Will:17 - Speed:5
    • HP:40/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:8/8
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Resist Fire 7
    •  
    • Powers
      • Opening Shove
      • Wolf Pack Tactics
      • Improved Inspiring Word (Healer's Brooch +1)
      • Unbalancing Infernal Wrath
      • Inspired Belligerence
      • Hammer and Anvil
      • Warlord's Strike
      • Bastion of Defense
      • Staggering Spin
      • Glaive of Terror +1
      • Delver's Scale +1
      • Couters of Second Chances
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar draws his wand and rod, hexes the nearest bugbear - "Sh'vakoth!" - and then plunges the two nearest bugbears into flames. He also tries to recall what he knows of bugbears and hobgoblins.

Minor action - Draw wand and rod.

Minor action - Curse Plum.

Standard action - Scorching Burst centered on H8, attacking Plum and Blue Bugbears.

Scorching Burst Plum (24H, Curse) and Blue (24H) (1d20+7+1=18, 1d20+7+1=22, 1d6+5=11, 1d6=2)

Hits Reflex 18 versus Plum for 11 fire damage and 2 curse damage (13 total damage), and hits Reflex 22 versus Blue for 11 fire damage.

Nature (1d20+4+1=15)


  •  Salazar Miller
    • Male Human Warlock 5
    • Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
    • AC:19, Fort:18, Reflex:18, Will:16 - Speed:6
    • HP:46/51, Bloodied:25, Surge Value:12, Surges left:10/10
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    • Resist 5 Necrotic
    •  
    • Powers
    • Dire Radiance
    • Eldritch Blast
    • Hellish Rebuke
    • Diabolic Grasp
    • Fiery Bolt
    • Ethereal Stride
    • Scorching Burst x2
    • Flames of Phlegethos
    • Vestige of Ugar
    • Cloak of Resistance +1 (Daily)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth quickly springs back to his feet, a small smile stretches across his scaly face.

"Ahh... not this is more like it... no pleading, no bargaining, no idle threats, no digging through piles of ash, just some good old fashioned skull bashing!"

In a wide sweeping blow he attacks both bugbears in front of him.

Sweeping blow vs. Plum and Blue Bugbears (1d20+11+1+2=20, 1d12+6=12, 1d20+11+1+2=20, 1d12+6=16)
If 20 vs AC hits, then 12 damage to plum and 16 damage to blue
Marking both



  •  Daggoth Varkash
    • Male Dragonborn Fighter 5
    • Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
    • AC:22, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:14 - Speed:5
    • HP:50/61, Bloodied:30, Surge Value:18, Surges left:12/12
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
    • Cleave
    • Tide of Iron
    • Pass Forward
    • (Cloak) Bloodied: Second wind: Use 2 surges
    • Steel Serpent Strike
    • Dragon Breath (cold|enlarged)
    • Sweeping Blow
    • Comeback Strike
    • Rain Of Steel (stance)
    • (Ironskin Belt) minor: resist 5 damage

    • Armor: Black Iron Armor +1 :resist 5 fire and 5 necrotic
    • Waist: Ironskin Belt
    • Waist: Cloak of the Walking Wounded
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: I'm posting this before the Dwarf Woman goes - I assume she won't radically change what I do.

Staying on the ground, Hedoni focuses on the cloud for a moment, and it moves to follow the archers into the bog. He then directs his attention at the caster, hitting him back with an orb of force.

Minor Action: Sustain Stinking Cloud.
Move Action: Move Stinking Cloud to G16 to hit Red Archer and Orange Archer.
Standard Action: Cast Force Orb at White Caster.

Stinking Cloud: 1d20+6+1=26, 1d20+6+1=14, 1d10+4=7
Force Orb: 1d20+6+1=25, 2d8+4=7

Stinking Cloud hits Fortitude 26 on Red Archer and Fortitude 14 on Orange Archer for 7 poison damage. Line of sight is blocked. Any creatures starting their turn in the cloud take another hit (1d10+4).

Force Orb hits Reflex 25 on White Caster for 7 force damage.

OOC: Awesome hit roles. Shitty damage rolls. I didn't include the -2 to attack roles (due to me being prone), because I wasn't sure if they affected spells, or just melee, or if they affected the existing cloud effect which I sustained. Adjust accordingly =)

  •  Hedoni Mindartis
    • Male Eladrin Wizard 5
    • Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16
    • AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:18, Will:19 - Speed:6
    • HP:29/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:8/8
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Ray of Frost
      • Scorching Burst
      • Cantrips (Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation)
      • Fey Step
      • Force Orb
      • Icy Rays
      • Shield
      • Jump
      • Acid Arrow
      • Freezing Cloud
      • Bigby's Icy Grasp
      • Stinking Cloud
      • Healing Word
      • (Key: At-Will, Encounter, Daily, Utility, Special, Used/Not Available)

Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
OOC: Also, I am pretty sure that Daggoth wants to stand up.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: He said it in his descriptive text, just forgot to list it anywhere. Hedoni's gonna stay happily sitting on his butt for now, though =)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Daggoth gets back on his feet and slices through both bugbears.

The dwarf looks relieved that the goblins are no longer bothering her, but still apprehensive, mostly due to the stinking vapors that seem to be hovering very close to her. She stays put.

Hedoni moves the cloud over the archers and Red gags at the stench taking 7 damage, but Orange doen't seem to be affected by the stink. Next the wizard retaliates and sends his own blast of force back at the caster. The hobgoblin takes 7 damage.

OOC: I believe being prone give -2 penalty to all attack rolls, including spells.

The caster mumbles some hobgoblin incantation and gestures at Daggoth to come closer. Daggoth feels an invisible hand around him squeezing him for 12 damage and sliding him past the bugbears to stand at I8. Then the caster shifts forward to allow for flanking.

Red and Orange first take 10 damage from the noxious fumes. Then, doing their best to get out from the poisonous cloud, Red moves back to the causeway vaults the railing and ends his turn next to the dwarf at J15. Orange slogs through the marsh, vaults the railing and moves to the other side of the causeway N16. Yellow's arrow pierces Mal's armor for 14 damage.

Blue eyes Daggoth like a preditor eyeing its prey. The warrior bashes Daggoth's head hard with this morningstar. The concussing blow sends Daggoth reeling. The dragonborns hits the floor hard and feels his vision start to blur (dazed - save ends). The second bugbear grins wickedly with that same preditory look and pummels the downed fighter for 14 damage. The pain in Daggoth's head is too much and he slips into unconsciousness.

Initiative: Status
Hedoni: 29/40, prone
White Caster: down 21
Yellow Archer: down 14
Orange Archer: down 24, bloodied
Red Archer: down 23, bloodied
Blue Bugbear: down 11, marked
Plum Bugbear: down 64, bloodied, cursed, marked
->Mal: 26/45
Salazar: 46/51
Daggoth: -7/ 61, prone, dazed, dying
Dwarf: no damage

User posted image

edited since I forgot to do Yellow's turn
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Fri May 22, 2009 11:45 am. »
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
OOC: OW.

Dont forget to add the 16 damage to blue.
And blue did 31 damage? OW
« Last edit by marek on Fri May 22, 2009 12:45 pm. »
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: Yeah, that was pretty rough right there. But that's what you signed up for =D
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
OOC: Sorry I did the math wrong on Daggoth. He was at 50, caster did 12 Blue did 21, Plum did 14. Daggoth should be at 3HP and not dying.

I also fixed Blue's HP.


Initiative: Status
Hedoni: 29/40, prone
White Caster: down 21
Yellow Archer: down 14
Orange Archer: down 24, bloodied
Red Archer: down 23, bloodied
Blue Bugbear: down 27, marked
Plum Bugbear: down 64, bloodied, cursed, marked
->Mal: 26/45
Salazar: 46/51
Daggoth: 3/61, prone, dazed, bloodied
Dwarf: no damage
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Daggoth! Get up, this is no time to be resting!" Mal says over the cacophony of battle. He then shoves the bugbear against the rail, adjusting himself as he notices the bugbear moving out of the way of the initial thrust. The tiefling then turns his focus to the other bugbear, calling to his friends, "Get this one now!" Mal then decides to lead the charge with a ferocious strike that misses, but bolsters everyone for the rest of the battle.

Minor Action: Improved Inspiring Word (One ally gets Healing Surge +1d6+3 HP)

Healer's Improved Inspiring Word (Daggoth) (18+1d6+3+1=26)

Standard Action: Opening Shove (Str vs. Ref; Hit: Push target 1 sq; choose visible ally: that ally can shift 3 sq or make melee basic attack as free action)

Opening Shove (+8 W, +1 24hr, +1 vs. bloodied) (1d20+10=13)

Free Action: Second Chance (On a miss, reroll the attack and use the second result)

Second Chance Opening Shove (+8 W, +1 24 hr, +1 vs. bloodied) (1d20+10=25)

Minor Action: Inspired Belligerence (Until start of next turn, allies gain comb. adv. and +3 to dam. against target)

Action Point!

Standard Action: Bastion of Defense (Str vs. AC; Hit: 3W+3 damage, allies within 5 sq get +1 to all defenses to end of encounter; Effect: allies within 5 sq get 8 temp HP)

Bastion of Defense (+8 W, +1 24hr, +2 comb. adv.) (1d20+11=15, 6d4+4=18)

OOC: Mal heals Daggoth for 26 HP. Then he uses Opening Shove on Plum, hitting Reflex 13 to push the bugbear. If that hits, the bugbear is pushed, but cannot move, I assume (if he can be pushed over the edge, then I will do that). IF that misses, I use Second Chance Couters to hit Reflex 25. Daggoth can then shift 3 squares or use attack the Plum Bugbear. IF I can push the bugbear over, then I assume Daggoth will use the shifting. I then use Insp Bell on the OTHER bugbear to give everyone but me combat advantage against it and +3 damage. Finally, I AP and use Bastion on the Blue Bugbear hitting AC 15 for 18 damage (which I assume is a miss). Either way, everyone (but me) gets 8 temp HP and on a hit, everyone (but me) gets +1 to all defenses.


  •  Mal Geminous
    • Male Tiefling Warlord 5
    • Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
    • AC:20, Fort:17, Reflex:15, Will:17 - Speed:5
    • HP:26/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:8/8
    • Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Resist Fire 7
    •  
    • Powers
      • Opening Shove
      • Wolf Pack Tactics
      • Improved Inspiring Word (Healer's Brooch +1)
      • Unbalancing Infernal Wrath
      • Inspired Belligerence
      • Hammer and Anvil
      • Warlord's Strike
      • Bastion of Defense
      • Staggering Spin
      • Glaive of Terror +1
      • Delver's Scale +1
      • Couters of Second Chances
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
« Last edit by Josh on Fri May 22, 2009 1:24 pm. »

Page: « < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > »

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Hammerfist

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software