DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Hammerfist

Hammerfist

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > »

Author Post
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Not seeing anything else outside, Hedoni steps into the burnt-out remains and looks around.

Perception check: 1d20+6+1=15
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar noses around town, trying to see if he can turn up who the clan chief owed money to. He seems to have learned something...

Streetwise (24H) (1d20+8+1=29) Crit! ;)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal follows his cousin to talk to people, realizing that he is much better at talking than searching. To the innkeeper, "This doesn't really sound like something that simply has to do with money-lending. Why would someone kill for that?" Mal asks, not waiting for an answer. "Had there been anyone close to Chief Hammerfist of late? Spend a lot of time with him or anything?"

Diplomacy check (1d20+11=16)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth, seeing as the cousins would probably be able to gain all the useful information from the tavern, remains behind with Hedoni, looking at the charred remains of the house. He looks around looking for any sign of how the fire started.

Perception Check (1d20+3+1=11)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Hmmm, you make a good point. I can't imagine Ravenblade hating anything, really. Can you tell us more about Grindol?"

Diplomacy check (1d20+11=25)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Wondering what Daggoth is looking at, Hedoni wanders over and picks up the piece of metal that's barely catching the light.

Perception check: 1d20+6+1=21
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Meeting back up with Hedoni and Daggoth, Salazar tries to see if the harp-shaped broach might be a symbol important in the area.

History (24H) (1d20+10+1=19)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"Greetings Madame, we are the Liberators, and who do we have the honor of speaking with?"

Save for a brief introduction Daggoth would let those more skilled with words deal with her first. This was not yet the time for strong-arm methods.

OOC: I'm assuming someone will want to try a diplomacy check, so I will roll an aid first
Diplomacy aid (1d20+2+1=8)
Sigh....
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
The woman stares blankly at Daggoth (Diplomacy Aid Failure) " I am Dorydd and I'll ask you again, what are you doing poking around? This is private property not some scavenger hunt," she finishes cooly.

OOC: Remember in order for it to count as a clue you'll need to succeed at an insight check with her.

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni looks at Dorydd, recognizing her as having the same name as the Chief's housekeeper, hoping to gain some sort of insight into her and her role in all of this.

Insight check: 1d20+6+1=13

OOC: Meh. Lousy rolls.
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
As before, I will allow retroactive aid rolls to help Hedoni's insight. At this point, it doesn't look like a success.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Sala7ar observses the dwarf as well, trying to get a read that'd help Hedoni. (Aid another attempt)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: I'm TOTALLY calling you "Sala7ar" from now on. That's awesome.
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal also observes the dwarf.

Insight aid (1d20+3=4)

OOC: I think Invisible Castle wants Ravenblade to rot in jail.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: Yeah, we might as well just break him out then live on the run. Hedoni will likely suggest that soon (when the group is alone) =)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"You know something..." Daggoth said in a low growl.

"Our friend may lose his head and here you are hiding information. Tell us what happened here before I decide to put dwarf on tonight's menu!"


The words, half spoken and half snarled, seem to have an affect on the woman.


Intimidate Check (1d20+9+1=27)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Clearly flustered, at first she acts defiant "I don't know what you mean. I'm not hiding anyone, er, anything." (Intimidate success) She shuts her mouth and starts again "I mean, well, of course I know something. But I told the authorities everything that happened. Like it said to the nice constable. I was here the night of the fire. I served the evening meal and went to my quarters. When I woke up, my room was filled with smoke and the house was on fire. Say, who is this friend of your anyways?"

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Anyone?" Salazar questions. "I get the sense you're hiding the person responsible for this. Perhaps the Chief's missing daughter?"

Insight (24H) (1d20+7+1=27) - I insighted the hell outta this chick.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light

Page: « < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > »

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Hammerfist

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software