DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Hammerfist

Hammerfist

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 7 8 9 10 11

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
OOC: Busy day, will post more later. Need to find Kyra...
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"I swear if we run into that bastard dwarf outside of town his next death will be much more permanent"

Looking over Ravenblade "I think we should take it easy tonight an let Ravenblade get some sleep in a decent bed, and a hot meal."
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I agree with you, Daggoth, on both counts," Salazar replies.

"It would be nice to find Kyra, but other than that she's missing and her father doesn't like her, I don't know where we'd start. I think we'd be better served seeing if the council in Overlook is done having committee meetings and is offering more work against the orcs."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade growls under his breath, hearing that they might not be able to don anything to find Kyra. He spends several minutes outlying what happened to him since the companions separated in Overlook.

<cough> <cough> <splutter>

"I can't disagree that some rest in a more wholesome environment would do me good, but I wish I could just squeeze Baldoc's head until he tells me what happened to Kyra. THE FOOL!"

1d20+1-1=15 (Intelligence roll)

Calming down a little, "I don't know....maybe she has friends in Hammerfist that know where she went. Maybe Dorydd knows. Maybe she corresponded with her sister who went to Overlook. Maybe.....well, in any case, if there really is no trail of her, we could at least leave some messages for her in Hammerfist or something, letting her know what happened, in case she returns."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Thu May 28, 2009 5:03 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"I don't see why we can't rest for the night and at least ask around Hammerfist for her. She obviously is important to our friend and we don't know that anyone is trying to help her. If she IS safe, I think she would like to know what has happened with her father." Mal says to everyone.

The tiefling then turns to the dwarf, "Ravenblade, I will do what I can to help you find her. Do not despair for her yet."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
You decide to take rooms at the Antler and Thistle for the night. The innkeeper gives you a warry look as if expecting a troop of goblins to burst into the tavern any minute. However, no fights break out and the night passes uneventfully. Thanks to Mal's healing attention, Ravenblade feels better in the morning although his fever is not completely gone (back to normal AC and defenses, but -2 healing surges)

  •   For Ravenblade only
      Athough Kyra was closest with her sister, she did have one other close friend in Hammerfist, a girl named Whuja. Since it will be very difficult to get Grenda to speak from the dead, it seems to makes sense to try and talk to Whuja.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Over breakfast the next morning...

"Thank you Mal. That stinking poultice you made for my chest somehow did the trick clearing my lungs. I also managed to dream for the first time since being stuck in that cell. I woke up remembering that Kyra was nigh inseparable from one friend in particular back when..." he trails off for a moment, then continues, "Her name is Whuja and she likely still lives in Hammerfist. If Kyra confided in anyone then it would be her. If it's alright with the rest of you, we could go back to Hammerfist and talk to her. Maybe it will lead us onto Kyra's trail. If not, I could at least leave a message with her before we return to Overlook."

OOC: I don't want to create a whole new storyline if the rest of you prefer to continue with the main Scales campaign. Also not sure if that's what Emily had planned. I'm almost done with your Hammerfist thread and got feeling you guys may want to head on into some epic battles, so I'm fine with just leaving a message if that's what the group decides.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
OOC: Not to worry, talking to Whuja won't be a big detour. It is all part of my master plan.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"We can make a quick stop in Hammerfist to leave a message for this friend," Salazar says. "Your escapades still haven't taken as much time to unravel as Hedoni's daliances."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Thank you Salazar. Hmmm....let's head to Hammerfist then, as soon as Hedoni finishes his shopping at Andronsius' shop. I will accompany him there to give my thanks to the alchemist for passing on my message. Without him, I wouldn't have received any of your help."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
The group heads back to Hammerfist. They follow Ravenblade to Whuja's home, a very modest abode. Whuja is a blond, medium sized dwarf who during her youth was probably considered quite good looking, but now seems to have aged prematurely. You find her busy with a screaming baby in one arm and an energetic toddler running around her feet.

She recognizes Ravenblade "Arombalosh, what a surprise! I certainly didn't to ever see you again, after getting thrown out of the clan and then getting put in jail for murdering the chief. You certainly have a way of getting into trouble."
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Hmmm....yes, well, I was always different, wasn't I. I too am pleased to see you and actually wanted to let you know how this whole mess with Baldoc began and what happened."

He relates how Baldoc tried to frame him for his fake murder, attempting to evade his creditors.

"So, as you can see, the piece of walking mud going by the name Baldoc doesn't care a sliver about his family anymore, and I'm very, umm, errr, concerned about Kyra's wellbeing." he says hesitantly.

"I was hoping that if anyone knows what happened to Kyra, it would be you Whuja. If you can, please tell me, or at least please take this letter from me to give to Kyra if you see her."

Ravenblade hands Whuja an envelope sealed with a green wax seal emblazoned with a stylized "R".
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Whuja only half hears what Ravenblade says and is clearly distracted by her children. "Um, look, I'm kind of busy right now and I doubt that I'll be seeing her anytime soon. I guess its alright to tell you. She said she was going to Overlook, something about the Shrine of Erathis, but who knows where she is now. Sorry, I can't be of any more help." She gives him his letter back.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"Umm... ok then...
I guess we're heading back to Overlook?"
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Somewhat startled and at a loss as to how to handle Whuja with her rampaging kids, Ravenblade holds the letter stiffly and follows Daggoth outside.

"Errrr.....okay. Let's go to Overlook. Hmmm...Shrine of Erathis, eh?"
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Well, I guess it sounds like we should maybe find this Modra person quickly. Who was that again by the way? I suppose we can head to the Shrine of Erathis after capturing this fellow."

OOC: By the way, after several days of resting now, are Ravenblade's stats all the way back to normal, including his surges?
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I agree, Modra is a threat that needs to be dealt with," Salazar says.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
You decide to follow up on Megan's lead on Modra and check out the almshouse in Tradetown.

OOC: I forgot about the filth fever. I'd say between Ravenblade's high endurance and Mal's healing skills by the time you reach Overlook Ravenblade is cured.

The adventure continues with the Umbraforge thread.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light

Page: « < ... 7 8 9 10 11

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Hammerfist

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software