DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » The Baron?s Daughter

The Baron?s Daughter

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
A fortnight has passed since you returned from the crypts of Rivenroar. For the first week or so, it seems you could not walk a hundred paces without being recognized as the new hero?s of Brindol. Andronsius generously offered you a discount at his alchemy shop and Mirtala invited you to dine at the Panatashi Inn. She assured you that, if provided with the proper ingredients, she could cook a much better meal than potato stew.

Now the hubbub has died down and you can once again walk down the streets normally, without being accosted by thankful townsfolk or young people asking for your autograph.

You once again find yourself enjoying a nice, relaxing evening at the Antler and Thistle.

Take a seat.

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar enters the inn, surveys the scene, and takes a seat where he was sitting that fateful night goblins stormed the inn (O10).

"A glass of Eladrin Whisperwood white wine, if you please," the mage tells the barmaid.

  •  Salazar Miller
    • Male Human Warlock 3
    • Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
    • AC:16, Fort:17, Reflex:17, Will:15 - Speed:6
    • HP:40/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:10/10
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
    • Dire Radiance
    • Eldritch Blast
    • Hellish Rebuke
    • Diabolic Grasp
    • Fiery Bolt
    • Ethereal Stride
    • Scorching Burst
    • Flames of Phlegethos
    • Cloak of Resistance +1 (Daily)
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"That's a fine choice, Sal!" yells Hedoni, already seated at the back of the room (N8) with three lovely ladies, "I talked the barkeep into getting the good stuff when I realized we'd be here for a while!"

Hedoni has obviously been in the bar for several hours.

  •  Hedoni Mindartis
    • Male Eladrin Wizard 3
    • Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
    • AC:17, Fort:13, Reflex:15, Will:16 - Speed:6
    • HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/8
    • Action Points: 2, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Ray of Frost
      • Scorching Burst
      • Cantrips (Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation)
      • Fey Step
      • Force Orb
      • Icy Rays
      • Shield
      • Acid Arrow
      • Feather Fall
      • Freezing Cloud

Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
The barkeeper nods to Salazar as he enters. "Remeber friend, the first round is on the house. However, I'll say the eladrin in the back is well into paying his own bill at this point."

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"Oh good I'm not the last one here, thought I was running late."

Daggoth grabs a seat across from Salazar. When the barmaid approaches he orders his usual, steak on the rare side and a pint of dark ale.

"It's been an interesting two weeks. I'm still not used to being treated like a celebrity. Although free food and drink is a nice little bonus for nearly being killed."
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
The doors open again and a breeze of fresh air blows through the tavern, sending the flames of the fireplace flickering. Some of the patrons look at the newcomer and recoginize the dwarven face of Ravenblade, sporting a rather neatly trimmed medium long, dark brown beard and mustache. The black leather clad dwarf squints his eyes and scans each face looking at him, being careful to avoid looking directly into the fire. After a moment of letting his eyes adjust, the dwarf casually walks directly to Salazar, Daggoth, and Hedoni, looking at each in turn as they experience a strong sense of deja vu. Ravenblade then takes a seat at the same table, after leaning his longbow against the wall.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal walks in, looking a little tired. "Ah, there's my squad! Interesting choice, the Antler and Thistle, isn't it?" After he sits down next to Daggoth he whispers to him with a smile and a wink, "How is Jalissa, my friend?"
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
After ordering a drink, "So, how has Brindol been these last two weeks? After just two days of being oggled and greeted by strangers at every corner, I decided to leave town and spend some time in the nearby forests. At one point, I thought I should do some resupplying, but decided that Talar would be a little calmer. Thankfully, no one recognized me there, although even those townsfolk had heard about the "Five Heroes of Brindol". At least I was anonymous enough to find what I was looking for."

Touching his breast briefly, the group notices that Ravenblade is wearing a silver chain underneath his leather armor. Daggoth also notices immediately that Ravenblade has availed himself of some new bashing tools. On his right side hangs the ivory handled craghammer they found in the catacombs and on his left hangs a more mundane, yet just as dangerous looking plainer version of the same.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Mal's question caught Daggoth a little off guard and he almost choked on a bite of meat. He replied a bit sheepishly

"Hard to keep secrets in this town eh? I've ... visited her quite a bit over the past two weeks. A very sweet gal, but I will not go into too much detail"

Daggoth seemed to zone out for a minute, lost in the memories of the past two weeks. Finally snapping out of hir reverie, Daggoth glances over at Ravenblade.

"Ooh... a new skull tenderizer eh? Nice..."
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Catching his meaning with a laugh Ravenblade says, "Ha! I thought you would appreciate the elegance of the craghammer. An ancient dwaven design that has been useful in many a situation. One end is for bashing flesh, while the other is good for piercing hard materials, whether they be bone or stone."

Laying his right hand on the ivory handle of his craghammer, "This one here is very special. I have not used it yet. Although I did not want to believe it at first, it seems that I was born to wield it." he says meaningully, with a serene and determined expression on his face.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
A tough-looking halfing couple enters, sits down, and orders some refreshments. You all have a keen enough eye to see that they keep glancing back. They seem to be surreptitiously surveilling the back table where Hedoni is seated with his female companions.

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni continues to laugh and drink with his cohorts and his heroic comrades, giving no indication that he's watching everything the halfling couple is up to.
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade stares at the halfing newcomers directly, without shifting his gaze away.

"Trouble."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"If this keeps up, the inkeeper is going to start looking at us as trouble magnets, and not trouble solvers," Salazar says over his wine.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"How about we don't wait for the kobolds to attack this time." says Ravenblade as he gets up and walks over to the halfings.

"Hi, my name is Ravenblade. We noticed that you are interested in something or someone in that corner table over there. Can I help you with anything?" he says to the two, trying to sound as friendly as he can, placing an open expression on his face.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"I guess the direct approach is better that staring at each other from across the room."

Daggoth follows behind Ravenblade, but lets him do the talking for the time being.
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar remains seated, sipping his wine. If anything happened, he was perfectly capable of responding to it from across the room.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Noticing Daggoth appear next to him, "And this is Daggoth. He looks a lot scarier on the outside, but has recently shown to have a very gentle, one might say romantic streak within him." adds Ravenblade, thinking to himself that these halfings may start to feel threatened any moment now. At least the barkeep will appreciate their attempts at preventing a brawl....he thinks.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni whispers to Salazar "I knew I should have bought that 'Make Whole' ritual scroll when I had the chance..."

No longer pretending to talk only to his lady friends, Hedoni stays put as well.
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal remains with the mages, seemingly oblivious to the goings on across the room.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Without any civility the man responds "Yes, you can help us. Do you know that eladrin?"

The other asks flatly "What's his name?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"The Eladrin can speak for himself," says Hedoni, standing up, with an almost unnatural bravado, "I'm Hedoni Mindartis, what can I do for you?"

Hedoni walks toward the door.
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
OOC: We're in the middle of some web issues right now, so the site might be unavailable for a little while. Just FYI.
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
The two halflings shoot each other knowing looks, quickly stand up, and without saying a word, dart out the door.

OOC: If Ravenblade or Daggoth want to try and catch them or stop them from leaving, roll a strength check.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Okay, Hedoni, what exactly have you been up to?" Salazar asks.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » The Baron?s Daughter

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software