DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » The Baron?s Daughter

The Baron?s Daughter

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Also lowering his voice to keep up the pretense, but feeling certain that at the very least Taff will hear every word, "Yes, let's not make enemies without good reason. Besides, it sounds like Raneor is not the most gentle of men when it comes to ladies. Let's find him, hear his story, and if he is innocent then he should have nothing to fear from meeting with the Baron. If he is guilty, then he must face the consequences of his actions."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Baron, I respect you greatly, but I cannot turn this man over to you without guarantee that he will not be especially harmed. Making sure he does not bother your daughter, including exile is fine, but I will not partake of a man's torture or death when he has simply knocked up your daughter. I am not simply a thug hired to do dirty work."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"That sounds like a reasonable suggestion....do whatever it takes to punish the man, aside from torture or death. Now let's get going and find him before we waste more time discussing something that may never pass, if he can't be found."

Hoping both Mal and the Baron let themselves be swayed to drop the matter for the time being, Ravenblade makes an overt sign of heading out.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
The Baron listens to Mal's proposal, give him a stern look, and says "Very well. I will leave it to you to persuade this man, by whatever means you deam necessary, to leave the city of Overlook. However, if I get word that he is still in this city as of tomorrow, I can make no promises as to how he will be treated.

"Also, I have been assured by Y'lin that, other than Mindartis, this Raneor could be the only other possible eladrin to have fathered her child. I do not need any ritual to be satisfied of it.

"Fortunately you do not need to track him down. After I talked to Y'lin last night, I had Taff to do some scouting. He will take you to Raneor's home."
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"Well that certainly simplifies things. Lead the way Taff."
After all this running around, Daggoth somewhat hopes Raneor will put up a fight. All this talking was starting to give him a headache. Jawing is for politicians, not for a dragonborn with a large axe.
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade proceeds to follow Taff and Daggoth.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
OOC: I'll wait to get approval from Mal before going forward. Oh and I forgot to say that none of you knows Raneor.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Fine, let's get this over with." Mal says as he follows along.

OOC: Sorry for the delay. I should have internet tomorrow.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Taff leads you to a wealth looking house in Elftown. The two story stone house, yard and a good-sized single story building in the back are all surrouned by stout wooden fense. By the time you reach the place, it is midday. Taff holds gestures to the the place as a presenting a magic trick and says ?I?ll just wait outside.?

OOC: What is your approach here? March up to the front door, sneak in the back door? Something else?
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
To his comrades, quietly, Hedoni says "I don't think it matters how we do this, though I don't mind the idea of Raneor knowing we're strong enough to take him in. Remember that he can likely step like I can, in the least - we should blindfold him, if it comes to that."
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Hmmmmm......the Eladrin step, is it? It sounds like we should maybe anticipate that Raneor will try to flee. Perhaps we should cover all the exits to the house. Come to think of it, we don't know a thing about this man or what he is capable of. Is he also a wizard? What is his trade? Taff, can you tell us anything about him? Hmmmm.....in any case, I will be like the reed in the wind in this undertaking and let the group guide my actions." he finishes, landing his his gaze on Mal and wondering if the warlord may prefer an honorable approach over a sneaky one.

OOC: I'm fine with charging, scouting, flanking the house, or merely walking in as innocuously looking as possibe.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Taffs says "I know he's not a wizard, and I'm pretty sure he has had some battle experience. I heard he lead a brigade in a recent skirmish against some orcs."
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Okay, so this guy probably knows his way around a sword," Salazar says. "I say we just kick the door in, lay out his options, and if he puts up a fight, knock him out and hand him over to the Baron."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"I thought we agreed not to hand him over to the baron, cousin." Mal says through gritted teeth.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
"Baron wants him out of town, and I'm the eviction notice" Daggoth walks up to the door and pounds on the door three times with a meaty fist.
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"That's right," Salazar said. "Whatever. So long as we get to kick a door in, I'm happy. This town is boring. No goblins storming our inn or anything."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Humans! Always so impatient." mumbles Ravenblade and rolls his eyes. Thinking that it wouldn't make a difference, considering how their group looks, he draws his craghammers.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Going with the direct approach, Daggoth pounds on the front door. A servant girl opens it. Taking in your thuggish attitude and hearing that you want to see Raneor, she quickly complies.

You are led through the house, across a cobblestone courtyard, and into the back building. The smell of animals being kept in close quarters has you guessing that this building is barn or kennel of somesort. You pass through an antechamber and into the main room.

User posted image

Raneor is a young, arrogant and handsome eldarin. He is wearing leather armor and has a longsword at his side. He is working with several drakes; two spitting drakes, a gaurd drake and her two pups. ?Who are you and what are you doing in my home??

OOC: Is this were you want your characters to stand? Let me know if you want me to move somebody.

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"We are wondering if the name Y'lin means anything to you."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"Whether you know it or not, you've caused us - especially me - a fair amount of trouble the last few days. We're here to discuss your options for that inconvenience."
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
He seems to flinch at Y'lin's name and says to Ravenblade "Perhaps I do, what about her?"

Then to Hedoni he seems to regain his composure and says haughtily "What do you mean options? And what do I care about your inconvenience? I'm a very busy person and I don't have time to chat."
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"Well, unless you make the time now, you may not have the option later - or the ability. We're here on orders of Y'lin's father. Perhaps you know him?"
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Sensing his discomfort, Ravenblade narrows his eyes, bringing the prey into his sights, "Ylin has a father who recently experienced the very unexpected joy of becoming a grandfather. Do you know who he is?"

After speaking, Ravenblade clenches his fists around his craghammers, loosening them in preparation. He also takes a look at the various drakes and tries to remember what he knows about them.

1d20+9+1=14, 1d20+6+1=24 (Nature and Dungeoneering rolls)
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:38 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
?Ah, so that is what this is about - Corsarn sent you." he says with suddenly understanding. The he says with anger "That slut. I should have known that sooner or later she would whine to her father for help. Well, I?ll have nothing to do with her or Corsarn. With the way that girl sleeps around, who knows who the father is. She can?t prove anything.? he finishes defensively.

Although you have faced these types of drakes in the past, Ravenblade isn't able to recall much information about them right now. (Takes Nature DC15)
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Look, Raneor. We came here to warn you as much as anything else. Neither Y'lin or her father want anything to do with you, except for you to leave town. The Baron is very serious about this and has expressed interest in using any means necessary to get you away from Overlook. We suggest you not take his threat lightly and leave before anyone has to get hurt."

Diplomacy check (+9 skill, +1 24 hr) (1d20+10=25)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light

Page: « < ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > »

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » The Baron?s Daughter

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software