DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Haven of the Bitter Glass

Haven of the Bitter Glass

Moderators: Emily, Michael Doss.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
It is late in the evening when your group emerges in the ruined basement of the mottled tower. Although the pipes have been sealed shut and no more blood chaos flows out, a thick sludge of the acidic stuff trails down the hill and lies thickly in some of the town streets. As you come to the center of town Megan notes with disapproval, "Uchk! What a mess. Leave this stuff to me." She backtracks up the hill to the source of the ooze.

Not having any energy left to see what she is doing, you head for an inn trust Megan to clean up the blood chaos. Taking care to avoid the Antler and Thistle, you bed down for the night at the Silk and Spoon.

You wake late the next morning and when you leave the inn, you find all the blood choas gone. Megan and the Freeriders find you and bid you farewell before heading for Overlook. Megan says "It took me a while, but got rid of all that purple stuff. Thanks a thousand times for your help. If there is anything we can do for you, just ask."
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade looks at Megan, frowning and thinking it strange that she could just "clean up" the hazardous material. He hopes that her exposure to the blood chaos hasn't affected her in overly adverse ways.

Thinking on that, he feels the multiple bruises and scrapes from the last days battles very keenly and suppresses the urge to groan. He got banged up entirely too much lately and thinks he'll need to look for better ways of protecting himself from bodily harm.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth scratches his chin and mutters to Mal.

"Something's a little off about that girl now... Ain't natural for people to glow purple, then just act like nothing is wrong later. We just going to let it drop like that?"
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I think we should make sure she's okay. I can't exactly describe it, but as Sarshan's ooze lingered upon me, I began to feel... unnatural. Thankfully, I managed to get it off in time, but Megan apparently didn't," Salazar offers.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Ravenblade wonders if Daggoth means that they should kill Megan if she's become what Sarshan was. He shakes his head answering his own question, Daggoth could never think that.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni considers the situation, then adds, "Her affairs are her own, and we can likely trust the rest of the freeriders to keep her in check. We should keep an ear out, but not worry ourselves with it further."

OOC: The Wiki says Hedoni has a "Gem of Colloquy", but I don't remember getting that. Where did that happen?
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
« Last edit by Michael Doss on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:27 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
OOC: That's Salazar's, actually.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal stares off as the Freeriders leave for Overlook. Turning back to the Liberators, "Hmmm...We should definitely look after Miss Swiftblade and her team. On the other hand, we need a break. Let's plan on leaving for Overlook in a week or so and find them to make sure everything is going well."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
You spend an uneventful week in Brindol.

Hedoni wins too many times at the Gentlemen's Club tables. After the second day he is barred from gambling there, although he is still allowed to enjoy the company and the beverages.

Mal and Salazar debate taking a day trip to visit their parents back in witchcross and decide it might be better if they just relax in town.

OOC: Anything else you'd like to do while you're getting some RnR in Brindol? Now's your chance. I'll move us on to Overlook tonight.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
OOC: Overlook is the bigger town and more suited for buying magic gear, I think, so nothing else for Salazar to do in Brindol.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"I think it's best if we return to Overlook. Kalad will want to know what caused the earthquakes in the region."

Gary wrote
OOC: Overlook is the bigger town and more suited for buying magic gear, I think, so nothing else for Salazar to do in Brindol.


OOC: Ditto.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
After a week in Brindol you feel ready to head for Overlook. It takes a few days of travel and you appreciate the turning colors of the trees and the cool smells carried on the autumn breeze.

User posted image

You pass through the city gates and the guards wave you through. You reacquaint yourself with the city and its myriad shops, inns, temples and other places of interest.

User posted image

OOC: You can review what there is to do in Overlook on the wiki.

Feel free to split up and do your own thing for a while.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
OOC: Looks like we each have about 13K gold gained, minus personal expenses. Shopping it is.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salazar heads to Tradetown to see what he can find in the way of magical gear. He's got gold burning a hole in his pocket, after all of the gallivanting around on other planes they've done.

OOC: I've got 9,588 GP, and I'm going to do some shopping. I'll try figure out what I want to buy and update my CB file, PDF, and stat block tomorrow with whatever I purchase.

Mike, I'm planning to buy a Siberys Shard of the Mage to attach to my staff. +1 to damage rolls for a measly 680 GP. I suggest Hedoni do the same. Cheap extra damage rules.

User posted image
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"Hey Sal, pick me up one of those shards you were talking about - I've got some gambling to do tonight..."

OOC: I probably do this every time we get a chance to shop, but I'm not sure of how much gold I have. I bought the bracers of mental might and reagents, but I think that's it in terms of major purchases. What would that give me?
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Michael Doss wrote
OOC: I probably do this every time we get a chance to shop, but I'm not sure of how much gold I have. I bought the bracers of mental might and reagents, but I think that's it in terms of major purchases. What would that give me?


OOC: The bracers cost 1,800 gold. According to my records, the group has amassed 66,230. So 13,246 - 1,800 leaves Hedoni with about 11,400 gold to spend.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Michael Doss wrote
"Hey Sal, pick me up one of those shards you were talking about - I've got some gambling to do tonight..."


OOC: When I update my PDF, I'll update yours with your upgraded staff, shard, and anything else you buy. The one annoying thing with the shard is that the builder doesn't let you actually attach it to your staff, so you have to just remember your damage modifier should really be one higher. I'll make a note in one of the "character info" fields, at least, to help remember it.

Oh, also, Hedoni has an extra 680 GP from his old staff on top of the regular loot Emily summarized, so that right there gets you your shard and you still have the 11,400 to play with.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Gary wrote
OOC: When I update my PDF, I'll update yours with your upgraded staff, shard, and anything else you buy. The one annoying thing with the shard is that the builder doesn't let you actually attach it to your staff, so you have to just remember your damage modifier should really be one higher. I'll make a note in one of the "character info" fields, at least, to help remember it.

Oh, also, Hedoni has an extra 680 GP from his old staff on top of the regular loot Emily summarized, so that right there gets you your shard and you still have the 11,400 to play with.
OOC: Thanks both of you for the number. I'm going to call it 11k even because of other little things purchased along the way, and because I like round numbers.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
OOC: I'll do my item shopping and such on Thursday.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
You hear sounds of a city bustling with activity: merchants hawking their wares, children squealing at play, a shop girl singing a popular balad about an elf who fell in love with the moon.

Mal and Salazar also catch snatches of coversation. They hear things like "The High Ancestor knows best. Why should we dwarves get ourselves in outside trouble that is none of our business?" and "That radical Kalad is an alarmist. I say he got knocked on the head one too many times in battle, if you know what I mean." and "A convox? I bet there hasn't been on in over a century. I sure am glad it won't be held in our town."

OOC: I'm going to give you until Thursday evening to shop, conduct other business, and get into trouble in Overlook. Then trouble will find you.

Also, I'm reasonable certain we'll have our next live session Sunday, September 4, 1pm. Let me know if you cannot make it.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Before long, Daggoth leaves the group to spend some time with Jalissa.

A dwarven cleric greet Ravenblade, "Hail brother, may the Allfather keep you strong. Kalad sends his greetings and would like for you to meet him at the Old Temple of Moradin in the Divine Knot."

About the same time, Taff, Baron Corsarn's halfling assistant steps out from behind the shadows of an alley “Hedoni, well met. The Baron would like to have a Word with you, if you don’t mind

OOC: I'm assuming Daggoth is hanging out with Jalissa and no one else from the group is with them. Ravenblade has been specifically invited to see Kalad, but others can come too. Hedoni has been specifically invited to meet with the Baron, but anyone else can come along. So Mal and Salazar can decide if they want to tag along and with whom.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
At Jalissa's place:

  •   For Daggoth only
      Daggoth gets to spend some well earned quality time with Jalissa.

      Eventually, Daggoth shows Jalissa the amethyst hair pin he took from the body of the shadar-kai warrior. She squeals in delight “Oh, it is beautiful! It matches the color of my eyes perfectly. You are the most wonderful man in the world

      She smiles coyly at him, “You know, I’d been thinking about asking you to get me some jewelry. Something substantial. Something that shows how you feel about me. Do you think you could look for something like that, maybe a nice ring
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Hmmmm....yes, Hail Brother." Ravenblade responds a little awkwardly. "I was actually just finishing with some errands and was on my way to the temple. Lead the way."

OOC: Emily, I've got most of my item shopping done, but won't be able to post again until much later this evening.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
Mal tries to find the Freeriders to check up on Megan.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
"Mr. Taff, always a pleasure," says Hedoni, wondering only a little how Taff, or more likely Baron Corsarn, seems to know exactly where he is. "I can always make time for the Baron."

Hedoni smiles, but readies his Shield and Wizard's Escape spells, just in case.
_______________
Hedoni Midartis - Eladrin Wizard, Scales of War

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Scales of War » Haven of the Bitter Glass

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software