DeadGoblins.com » Kingmaker » KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 2

KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 2

Moderators: Gary, Michael Doss.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
This thread is a continuation of Stolen Land, the first Kingmaker adventure.

First thread.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
OOC: Here's a quick rundown of the open threads you can pursue:

* Explore the area, per your charter.
* Put down the Stag Lord's bandits, per your charter.
* Find the lost temple of Erastil for Jhod.
* Hunt for a tatzlwyrm head for Oleg.
* Hunt for Tuskgutter for Kesten.
* Pick moon radishes for Svetlana.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"I feel we should stop the bandits first. Once that is done, everyone else can live more freely." Aluric avoids the food but takes a hefty gulp of ale, "Still nothing. There must be something that can be done..." he whispers to himself.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"I'd rather not stir up that hornets nest without more information. The one outpost wasn't exactly an easy fight, and I don't want to storm a stronger position without more manpower. We're possibly under the Stag Lord's notice right now. I'd prefer to not move until we have more information. We could scout south for those radishes. It would take us closer to their base-camp, and we might be able to get some more information on bandit activity and movement."
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"I am the leaf. Magda and Korrin are the winds." offers Takeo between bites of food that he is wolfing down. You are astonished to see he is already on his fourth plate with no sign of slowing down. With his appetite it's a wonder he's so leanly built.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
"I agree with Aluric," Magda clarifies, "about taking care of the bandits first, not what he said about ale. We must make this land safe for travelers and commerce. Along the way we can keep our eyes open for any dragons, boars or special radishes."

She turns to Oleg, "Can we use our store credit to purchase some healing potions? I am adept at healing, but there may come a time when I am grateful for something extra."

OOC: I propose we buy two healing potions. You never know when Magda might go down and someone will have to slosh a potion down her throat.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Takeo nods fervently at Magda's suggestion, while stuffing a large piece of pie into his mouth. "More healing....always good."

Emily wrote
OOC: I propose we buy two healing potions. You never know when Magda might go down and someone will have to slosh a potion down her throat.


OOC: I'm in favor of spending 100 gp for two healing potions for the group.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Korrin nods at the wisdom from Magda's mouth.

OOC: Bandits.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
"Permitting lawlessness and disorder to go unpunished will taint anything else we try to do here," declares Uriah, emphasizing his point by slamming his mailed fist down on the table. "We must crush these bandits as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Though," he adds reluctantly, "It would not be imprudent to scout their position first."
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"Sigh. Aluric gets a pass, but the rest of you must have sucked down some bad fumes in the kobold lair. We had enough trouble putting down a single outpost of bandits, and now you want to take aim at the central leader? We'll need every advantage we can get, and I doubt it'll involve storming his base camp.

Dav, what can you and your companions tell us about the Stag Lord? And while you're at it, exactly what is his operation anyway? Trade is kind of space in these parts. Given that he's located on a river unction, does he attack water traffic or extort tolls?"


OOC: Bandits it is then since everyone wants to let Magda lead them to an early grave ;) . What ever happened to Happs? He would probably know more of the Stag Lord than the flunkies we picked up. Plus, with Kessel out of the picture, he might be in a talking mood.
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
OOC: I thought Aluric was the lead on this decision... ;)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Sure, I have a couple healing potions ol' Bekken the hermit sold me. They're yours if you want them, and I'll ask Bekken if he can make some more, in case you need them," Oleg tells Magda.

Dav looks at Variel. "I thunk we mentioned before, none of us ever did go to the Stag Lord's camp. He runs all the bandits in these parts. There's not much trade, but what there is, he gets a slice of. Kessel might've, but she ain't talking much now. As for Happs, neither is he."

Seeing your confused looks, Erich picks up, looking nervously at Uriah. "You all were here and gone so quick when you came back with that kobold, guess you didn't hear. Oleg didn't want Happs wandering loose, what with the guards not here yet and you going to find Kessel. So he tied him up in the stables. Seems he slipped the knots and tried to steal a horse." He stops, and starts fidgeting with his pie.

"Oh, boar snouts! Out with it," Oleg shouts. "The horse kicked his head in. He's buried out about 300 paces east of here now. This lot," he nods at the reformed bandits, "thinks he brought it upon himself from breaking that oath you made him swear. I think he just spooked the horse." Nonetheless, the reformed bandits all look nervous and avoid Uriah's gaze.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
A faint smile touches the corners of Uriah's mouth.
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Magda nods, "Sworn oaths should always be taken seriously." Then she frowns and ponders outloud "So how can we pick up the trail of the bandits? Are there any more of their camps in the area? Heard of any raids lately?"

OOC: Magda is the only character with any decent charisma or diplomacy, of course she is the lead on this :)
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Takeo speaks between bites of pie. "(mush-munch-swallow)...Master Otori once said the best way to catch a magpie....(crunch-munch-swallow)....is to have something shiny out for all to see, then the magpie will come to you....(B-u-u-u-u-r-p!)"

He looks up furtively and notices some of the others staring at him with disgusted expression. "What?....Oh! Sorry, I just really like these." he apologizes in mistaken realization and pushes the remaining pie on his plate into the middle of the table. "Here, there's some left, I didn't eat it all, I know how to share."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Well, there was another band I heard about that had a camp out near the Shrike River," Dav tells Magda. "Near a place called Nettle's Crossing, I think. Otherwise, the Stag Lord's crew could be anywhere. It wasn't the most organized operation." The party recalls that the Shrike flows southwest, passing near the Sootscale's lair, before joining the Thorn River.

Oleg looks at Takeo. "I think I get your meaning. If you want to borrow a card and some supplies and try to lure some bandits out, I can loan you some. I'm confident you'll bring it all back."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
"I like the idea of pretending to be a merchant caravan and try to lure the bandits into the open."
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Uriah listens to the plan. "It should work, but... I do not see how we could scout our foes beforehand, with such a plan. If they should happen to be strong enough to overcome us, we would have no chance to flee. Still, this plan is likely the fastest way to find them. I am willing."
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"This is a bold, verging on reckless idea. It would be best to send a scouting party, perhaps myself alone with SAMAV, before the "caravan" gets too close to their position. If we find anything, then advance the caravan. It would probably be too difficult to keep up with the beasts of burden while trying to scout if the caravan is upon a road. With any luck, we might be able to set a trap at their ambush point by catching them between the fake caravan and another force.

At minimum, we should depend upon SAMAV as a mobile scout."
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"I agree with Variel. Scouting will ensure victory. I am uncomfortable sending Variel alone, however. Another should go with him who can keep up and hide, if possible."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"I'll go."

OOC: Takeo has 10 stealth, 10 acrobatics, 10 athletics, and 3 endurance. He also has several good movement powers.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
OOC: Sounds great. Variel would enjoy the chance to spend time alone with Takeo and try to swing him from of Magda's strong influence get to know him better. :twisted:
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Uriah nods. "That's probably as good as any plan we're likely to come up with."

"Don't get caught," he adds helpfully.
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
With a plan in mind, the group thinks about where they've explored so far. They've only explored a small portion of these lands, and even some of that they sped through while trying to reach their various goals.

"So, which direction are you planning to head with this fake caravan?" asks Oleg.

User posted image

Key
* 1 hex = 12 miles across = Half a day to travel for plains or a full day to travel for other terrain = 1 day to fully explore for plains, 2 days for forest or hills, or 3 days for mountains or swamps
* Dark blue text/dots - Friendly locations
* Red text/dots - Encounter locations
* Light blue text - Rivers and lakes
* Brown text - roads
* Question marks - Hexes you've passed through, but haven't thoroughly explored


We're now shifting into the hex-crawling and exploration phase. Let me know where you plan to go, and if you have any questions for the NPC's about the area, or for me about the exploration process.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
« Last edit by Gary on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 am. »
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
"How about going into the forest area, back towards where Kressle was?"

OOC: It doesn't much matter to me, but the forest seems a good a place as any.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Kingmaker » KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 2

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software