DeadGoblins.com » Kingmaker » KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 2

KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 2

Moderators: Gary, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The eladrin splutter. "We'll take whatever vows you want, but branding?" "S-slavery?" stammers another. "Look, life's tough out here," says the third, "we didn't end up doing this because it's sunshine and rainbows. If you have a better idea, we're happy to hear it. But no branding, and no slavery. Bad as we've been, we never did that!"

The orc just glares. It's not immediately apparent if he even speaks Common.

Meanwhile, Takeo searches the foes, living and dead. Vanden, considering how quickly he was killed, was well equipped, bearing a magic longsword, boots, and circlet.

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

One of the dead orcs possessed powerful bands about his biceps.

User posted image

From one of the human swordswomen, Takeo takes a cloak of very high quality.

User posted image

On one of the dragonborn, a strange mug is discovered.

User posted image

One of the eladrin archers was wearing very well-crafted braces as well.

User posted image

Finally, a total of 500 GP worth of coin is found amongst the bandits.

OOC: Once you've sorted out who gets what, be sure to include these items when you send me your leveled up PC's!

Initiative and Status
Uriah: 34/34, 8/9 surges, 0 AP
Variel: 33/33 , 6/6 surges, 0 AP
SAMAV: 30/30, 1/2 surges
Korrin: 33/40, 7/11 surges, 1 AP
Aluric: 41 /41, 10/12 surges, 0 AP
Takeo: 33/33, 6/7 surges, 0 AP
Magda: 34/34, 6/8 surges, 1 AP
Eladrin Archer Lavender: 36/51, 0/1 surges
Eladrin Archer Pink: 47/51, 1/1 surges
Eladrin Archer Violet: 22/51, 0/1 surges, bloodied
Orc Hammerer Gray: 32/73, 0/1 surges, bloodied
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
As Takeo drops the boots in the pile with the other spoils he jumps in surprise as they start shuffling and sidling of their own volition. He then spends several minutes chasing after the boots before being able to put them on.

OOC: Only the boots were on my wishlist.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Horrified at Uriah's suggestion, Magda exclaims "Branding! That is barbaric. We are trying to civilize this land, not turn it into a cattle ranch."

Then she responds to Aluric, "Ceasing to be a bandit is not the same as loss of freedom, that would be imprisonment. There are many honorable and enjoyable paths they might follow. One can be honest and free."

The cleric turns to the reformed bandits "Take heart people. You have been lost in darkness, but now you can follow the light. Just tell us about the person you are working for, some Stag Lord? Also, where can we find this individual?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"I am not familiar with the ways of your people, but am uncomfortable with slavery, as my people have been forced into it for as long as I can remember. Requiring an oath of submission seems like slavery. An oath to not harm anyone again seems insufficient punishment. These people have stolen from and threatened to murder others. They may even have been successful in taking lives, although we have no evidence at the moment. A proper system of justice needs to be added to these lands to take care of these people."

Aluric looks at the pile of equipment and sees the shining sword, "This has good weight, I shall use it to more quickly vanquish our foes." The warforged then stares at the mug a moment, seeing it is odd for a flask, "That may be just what I need!"

OOC: I had discussed with Gary before hand and I am pretty certain the sword is mind (I don't think anyone else even uses a longsword). The Flagon is interesting and would fit my character, but I didn't ask for it and don't want to take someone else's item away (besides the sword is the highest level item on the list and I am the new guy). So, if anyone else wants it, take it (I may ask for one later).
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
OOC: The armbands and/or flagon would interest me.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"These are fine bracers. If no one minds, I would like to see how they wear."

Variel decides to sit back and listen to the back and forth between Magda and Aluric, a slight smile on his face. Who would think that the metal man would be so concerned with the treatment of captive bandits. Still, Variel was getting uncomfortable with the number of supposidly former bandits hanging out at their base of operations. They would be grossly outnumbered soon. At this rate, they would have half the stag lord's force living within Oleg's little fort. Finally, he decides to stir the pot a bit. "Vanden's orders were to 'kill us all' if I heard correctly from across the river, and they certainly tried to carry them out. How does that sit with you, Aluric?"
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
OOC: Circlet of authority and Sustaining Cloak seem relevant to Uriah, though both would probably be better on Magda. I'll take whichever one she doesn't want.
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
One of the eladrin replies to Magda. "Vanden's the only one of us who had ever met the Stag Lord or visited his base. But he'd said it was an old fort far to the south, where the Shrike River empties into Tuskwater Lake. Whenever Vanden mentioned the Stag Lord, he'd shiver, like he was thinking of a bad dream. But he always said that as long as we sent south our quota of goods and liquor, we'd be okay. Of course, now that most of the band has been wiped out, and your cargo a loss, even if you let us go, we'd probably end up hunted down by the Stag Lord's inner circle for not paying our dues if we didn't go with you. Of course, I hate to think what they'd do to us if they caught us working for you, either..."

The three of them look on warily at Aluric and Variel's exchange.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"They did not say so until after they found out we would not give them what they wanted. And, again, we do not know if that was a bluff. It might be wise, for now, to have these people work as punishment, until we decide more formal rules.

"Ultimately, I think this Stag Lord is what matters. If he remains, the people of this area will never be free."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"The more I hear of this Stag Lord, the less I want anything to do with him. We'll have to deal with him eventually, but we should probably scout his base this trip and not engage. It would be better if we could lure him out of his defensible position by picking off his henchmen. If only one person in this group has met him, he probably has a pretty widespread network we need to deal with."
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Takeo has been standing very still, head bowed so his cone hat concealed his face, and listening. During the latest exchanges between the elf-folk and others, he watched the silent half-orc carefully. Maybe he speaks common, maybe not. Maybe he knows something, maybe not.

Perception and Insight on the orc hammerer. (1d20+3+1=20, 1d20+3+1=15)
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Uriah takes the dismissal of his suggestion in silence. Something in the set of his mouth suggests that this conversation may be continued later, but he allows the subject to change to the Stag Lord. "If this.... inner circle... were to come looking for you, to contact you, where would they expect to find you?" he asks.
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Continuing the conversation about how to punish the former-bandits, Magda concedes, "If you feel a sworn oath to give up banditry is not enough, perhaps we can have them work off their penance at Oleg's compound? I agree that we need to establish a system of justice; it should be a priority after we civilize this land."

Magda then considers, "This is the second time I have heard of the Stag Lord's fondness for liquor. Perhaps this weakness will be his undoing."

OOC: I'll take the cloak.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Liquor? Maybe I can challenge him to a drinking contest. In this body, I can't lose! Of course, I won't get any pleasure out of it..." Aluric says in his softer voice.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"Perhaps not, but you're probably immune to the poison we could slip into the keg."
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Poison?" Takeo thinks to himself at hearing Variel's suggestion. "I remember Master Otori telling me how poison was the best defensive strategy seen in nature, both animals and plants. The most elegant of solutions. A plant migh harbor poison and then be so bright that all know not to approach. I wonder what Master Otori woudl think if poison was used offensively....HA! He would likely tell me not play wrestle a porcupine unless you're wearing thick clothing." he continues thinking to himself, while examing the orc hammerer.

OOC: BTW all, I've put Poison Gloves and Viper Belt in Takeo's wishlist since I want to develop Takeo into the "government's" assassin/spy down the line of this campaign. I'm also curious about playing with the poison rules.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
OOC: I was JUST looking at some of the alchemical items, and there is a level 6 one that could be useful for Takeo in that case. Goodnight Tincture: costs 150 GP (or 750 GP...not sure if the market price is for the recipe or to buy it without making it), minor action, apply to adjacent food or drink, creature ingesting it takes an attack after 1 minute: +12 vs. Fort and on a hit, creature becomes unconscious for 1 hour or subject to an attack or violent motion.
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
OOC: I thought Variel was going to be the country's "problem solver" ;)

"Aluric, something just hit me. What do you mean by 'in this body?' "
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Ummm...nothing. Wha, what would make you think anything of it? Ummm...my people often talk about their bodies in this fashion." Aluric says in the softer voice.

OOC: I figured rolling a bluff check would be a good way to decide how to answer.

Bluff (+2 skill, +1 24hr) (1d20+3=11)
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Viktor wrote
Takeo ... watched the silent half-orc carefully. Maybe he speaks common, maybe not. Maybe he knows something, maybe not.


As far as Takeo can tell, the orc isn't playing dumb, it's the real thing.

covaithe wrote
"If this.... inner circle... were to come looking for you, to contact you, where would they expect to find you?" he asks.


"We just moved north to a camp near the Thorn River. I think Kressle and her band used to operate out of there, but she recently went missing, so we figured we'd take over her turf. I can guess what happened to her now. Anyway, that's where the Stag Lord's people would look for us."

Emily wrote
Continuing the conversation about how to punish the former-bandits, Magda concedes, "If you feel a sworn oath to give up banditry is not enough, perhaps we can have them work off their penance at Oleg's compound? I agree that we need to establish a system of justice; it should be a priority after we civilize this land."<br><br>
Magda then considers, "This is the second time I have heard of the Stag Lord's fondness for liquor. Perhaps this weakness will be his undoing."


"We'd be happy to help at the trading post. That sounds like a great way to repay our debt to society. Best thing you guys have thought of yet!" one of the eladrin says quickly. "As for booze, yeah, everything I've heard says the Stag Lord hits the bottle pretty hard. Makes him even meaner, I hear."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Magda sees Takeo eyeing the orc suspiciously, "Takeo, you're part orc. If you want to ask him something, just go over there and ask him."

OOC: No need for common. Doesn't Takeo speak what ever language orcs speak?

Then to the group Magda says authoritatively, "Excellent. Then it is settled. These enlightened people will put themselves at Oleg's service and we will head to the camp where we encountered Thressle. Then we'll pick up the trail to the Stag Lord's base." She scribbles something on a piece of paper and hands it to one of the archers "Give this to Oleg. It says I vouch for you and that you are to work for him now."
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
OOC: So, Jon, do you care who gets the Flagon?
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
OOC: Whichever character it fits better.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
OOC: It seems like that flagon would be perfect for Aluric.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Emily wrote
OOC: It seems like that flagon would be perfect for Aluric.


OOC: Yes, I can see Josh implementing it in fun RP ways.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)

Page: « < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

DeadGoblins.com » Kingmaker » KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 2

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software