DeadGoblins.com » Mauritanian Maurader Squadron » Mission Orders from Lt. Azad - Infiltrate Freiland!

Mission Orders from Lt. Azad - Infiltrate Freiland!

Page: 1 2 3 > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
While you are enjoying a well-earned rest after exploring the newly-calm city of Plainsvista, each of you are approached by strangers who, after using the correct code words to identify themselves as MMS members, give you the following letter.

Quote
To the members of the MMS 215th Special Tactical Squad,

Word has reached MMS Command a rebel uprising has taken hold of the Frieland, a town near the city of Sargus, north of Plainsvista. Rebel control of the Sargus River has prevented regular army units from retaking the town.

The MMS will be sending in several STS units. The 212th will enter Freiland from the north, the 188th will attempt the east, and the 114th will take the west. We will be entering Freiland from the south. If we can enter the city, we will be attempting to retake Sargus Hall, in the southwest quarter of Freiland, from the rebel command. Our mission is to re-secure the city first, and only take prisoners for questioning if possible.

We must move quickly to prevent the rebels from entrenching further. Also, MMS Intelligence warns against using the main roads, as rebel forces are assumed to be watching them. We will head north through the countryside.

We will meet at 0800 tomorrow at the Rusty Orc Inn here in Plainsvista. An MMS contact will meet us there with additional information and to answer any further questions.

For Mauritania!
Lt. Kolaam Azad
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Do we get to keep the Paladin? ;)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Unfortunately, Arafel, the Viceroy must remain in Plainsvista to administer the still-fragile city. However, I am confident the 215th can meet this new challenge on its own.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Can we use Doni as a bridge to cross the river? I'm sure he won't mind. :twisted:
I am so getting a magic missle up the wazoo.
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Hedoni's aim has been so bad the only person that will be safe is the person he is casting at! Hopefully you've been practicing a bit Hedoni.
:P
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
A man can't be expected to hit every target every time. There's much more to life than target practice, unless that target is a beautiful woman, at which point I'll take aim all night long.

Did I say that? ;)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Magic Missile might be At Will, but I heard that was a Daily power for you.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
More rebels? They seem pretty fierce to me. You know, I don't want to be that mouse that runs into the sleeping cat's mouth again. It is nice to know we'll have some assistance with this mission. I don't like to think we have to retake a whole town on our own.
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Just don't point that little wand toward me Hedoni, we don't need any premature prestidigitation.

Daggoth smirks at Hedoni before turning to the little halfling.

Since we are entering from different sides of the town, do not rely on too much help little one, although I agree it would come most welcome. Our fortunes retaking the viceroy were as much luck as skill I'm afraid. Let us hope the gods smile upon us once more.

OOC: Hey Em, what's your characters name again?
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
And let's hope our brother teams are louder and attract more attention.

When do we leave?
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Perhaps some planning first?
Kolaam, do we have a map of the town?
Do we have any informant on the inside other that the other teams going in?
Treasure is nice but only if you're alive to spend it.
Knowing is half the battle, after all
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
What is it with men and their wands!! You know there is more to life than shooting it off.

Berna roles her eyes in boredom.

Alright, I'm heading off to that inn, what's it called? the Crusty Orc? See you there.
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
I do indeed have a map of the area. I'll send it along via courier, as the Rusty Orc's bulletin board doesn't seem to allow attachments.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth looks over the map.

Hmmm... we'll have to cross a river to approach from the south.

Do we have access to a boat?


User posted image

OOC: tinypic.com has some really quick and easy image hosting that does not require a login or anything.
« Last edit by marek on Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:57 pm. »
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Can we freeze it and walk over it? Doesn't someone have freezing abilities?
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Freezing the width of a river is a bit tougher than making a small patch of ground icy. We'll have to use conventional means. Fortunately, according to MMS Intelligence, the bends of the river are shallower. We should leave Planisvista, head north cross country to avoid notice, and attempt a crossing southwest of Freiland. The soutwest district of the town is where we're headed anyway.

OOC: Thanks, Marek!
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth throws the lieutenant a perturbed glance, raising an eyebrow

I hope it's shallow enough! Fire-breathers decked in 45 pounds or scale armor aren't exactly known for their backstroke skills if you take my meaning.
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Hedoni twirls his juggling balls into the air, and makes them bob up and down across a line of empty drinking vessels.

We'll find a way across. If all else fails, you can throw each of us over the river, and we'll drag you by rope once we're there. :D

That said, do we know exactly how wide that river is?
« Last edit by Michael Doss on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:55 pm. »
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
(MMS says that it is small enough to not have to do a swim check but will slow you to half speed.)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
What about MSS loaning the squad a boat? We were provided with some company horses in our last mission.

I suppose I can swim if I have to. At least I don't weight 400 zillion pounds, like some folks I know.
Berna eyes the very large fire breather.
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 48
Location: Someplace warm, wet, and unsuitable for dry good storage
No boats. We cannot chance that you will be seen floating across the river. The sections or river that bend to the south west of the effected area are only about three feet deep. Put the halfling on somebody's shoulders and just walk across carefully...

Crossing the river will be the least of your concerns...
_______________
Dungeon Delves- Moroth Algernon
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Well that settles that then.
I am ready to head out, but perhaps a bit of nosh first. Can't go about fightin' on an empty stomach now can I.
Barkeep! Biggest steak you've got, and keep it rare.
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Agreed, Daggoth. Let's make any neccesary last minute preparations, and then head north.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth slowly ate his steak, enjoying the juicy red meat. In this business every meal may be your last, so might as well enjoy it. He pushed his plate away and tossed a few silver towared the barkeep.

Lets get the lead out friends, we're buring daylight.

Daggoth stood up, adjusted the straps of his armor, hefted his axe, and adjusted his pack.
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 48
Location: Someplace warm, wet, and unsuitable for dry good storage
You have your map and your orders. The hike through the countryside should take two days if you travel with care. Feel free to begin your travels, but take care not to camp too close to the road, or the rebel controlled Frieland.
_______________
Dungeon Delves- Moroth Algernon

Page: 1 2 3 > »

DeadGoblins.com » Mauritanian Maurader Squadron » Mission Orders from Lt. Azad - Infiltrate Freiland!

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software