DeadGoblins.com » Mauritanian Maurader Squadron » Mission Orders from Lt. Azad - Infiltrate Freiland!

Mission Orders from Lt. Azad - Infiltrate Freiland!

Page: < 1 2 3 >

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Let's move out, troops!" Kolaam tells the 215th. "We'll follow the general path of the road, but stay about three or four miles off of it, to avoid being seen."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
I'll follow behind the meat shield and Kolaam.

<Hey can everyone who's user name isn't their character name please post it? I have forgotten what everyone's names are...Thx.>
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
I'm happy to stay safely between your meaty folks and the polite individuals willing to take it from the rear. I like it in the middle.
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Since we're off the road I don't think we'll get too many ambushes from the side or from the rear, so I'll take up position at the front.
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I recommend we march as such," Kolaam advises, arranging the troops as so:

D

B K

A H

"It may look like we're exposing the mages to rear ambushes, but if anything does threaten from that angle, they can step through the feywild and find a more advantageous position."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 48
Location: Someplace warm, wet, and unsuitable for dry good storage
In which direction to you head when leaving town?

1. North through the ruins of the Stronghold
2. East stopping short of the road to avoid suspicion before moving North
3. West to go around the stronghold and approach Frieland from that side
4. South in an attempt to circumnavigate the globe and arrive a few thousand days too late to be effective?
_______________
Dungeon Delves- Moroth Algernon
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 48
Location: Someplace warm, wet, and unsuitable for dry good storage
That should say 'DO' you head...
_______________
Dungeon Delves- Moroth Algernon
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Kolaam recommends the "East stopping short of the road to avoid suspicion before moving North" option. He's willing to listen to what the rest of the unit might advise, though.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
I'm following here, I don't get paid enough to think more than is required. Lead the way!
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
I'll follow as Kolaam suggests as long as I don't get too wet.
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 48
Location: Someplace warm, wet, and unsuitable for dry good storage
Feel free to note your camping position on the map for your overnight stay in the countryside...
_______________
Dungeon Delves- Moroth Algernon
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Ah the great outdoors,
as Berna swats at a nearby insect.
Really, I'd rather be have cobblestones under my feet, a fire to warm my hands, and a roof over my head.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Given that it will take us two days to get there, I suppose that will put our camp halfway between the stronghold and the main N/S road, and a couple square south of the E/W road running north of the stronghold.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
While marching Daggoth was enjoying the feeling of grass between his toes. This would be an other wise enjoyable stroll it he did not have to be on the constant lookout for danger in these dangerous times.

I always have liked camping. It's also nice that mosquito can't bite through scales.
Who will take first watch tonight? I need my beauty sleep!
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
How about Hedoni and I?
_______________
Arafel Eledhwen -- Eladrin Warlock
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"I suggest that the eladrin take all the watch. With their ability to trance, one of them can keep active watch while the other is aware during trance. Then, after four hours, they can switch. It gives us two sets of eyes through the whole night.

"Plus, it means the rest of us can sleep undisturbed,"
Kolaam added.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Sounds good to me said Daggoth as he searched for the driest bit of earth he could find on the marshy earth.
Laying his bedroll down, he laid down still in his armor.
Wake me if... anything... happen... ZZZZ
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Ok, Hedoni. It's you and me. You trance first.
_______________
Arafel Eledhwen -- Eladrin Warlock
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Trancing. Seeya in 4...
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Alright, I've had enough of using a rock as my pillow. Lets get moving.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
Daggoth stretched and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

What, morning already?

Daggoth grudgingly sat up and dug through his pack for a bit to munch on. Hardly a day out an this crap was already tasting stale.

Daggoth searched the nearby area for any small animal that could be turned into a proper meal, but figured his snoring probably drove them off at night.

OOC: in that case I'm assuming the night passed uneventfully, and we are at the next morning. Come on DM, a little exposition once in a while is good =)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Okay, troops," Kolaam said, "let's keep moving. We've got important business in Freiland."

Looking at the eladrin, Kolaam asked "Hedoni, Arafel, I assume nothing disturbed us during the night?"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Administrator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2639
Location: Santa Ana, CA
The hours passed without incident. Otherwise, I would have woken you, or you would have noticed my muted corpse near my things.
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
The dragonborn regains his position at the front of the group as they set off.

Onward to Freiland
Member
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 1061
Location: Glendale, CA
As the adventurers trudged on Daggoth began to feel uneasy at how quiet it was. No one had some much as whispered for a few hours. The air was still, and the dragonborn started to become uneasy. He could hear nothing but his own breathing, and the footsteps of his companions behind him.

I would risk the dangers of the road rather than this ponderous silence he thought to himself.

Page: < 1 2 3 >

DeadGoblins.com » Mauritanian Maurader Squadron » Mission Orders from Lt. Azad - Infiltrate Freiland!

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software