DeadGoblins.com » Kingmaker » KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 1

KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 1

Moderators: Gary, Michael Doss.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
As usual, Takeo doesn't really seem to be paying much attention to his surroundings but rather standing with his head tilted down and his cone-shaped broad hat obscuring his face. At the woman's mention of bandits, he raises his head quickly, crouches and looks just about ready to spring into the air. "Where!? Where are they!?"

User posted image

  • Tak'gunitoth (Takeo) - "Rising Death"
    • Half-Orc Stonefist Monk, Level 2
    • Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
    • AC: 19 Fort: 17 Reflex: 17 Will: 15 Speed: 6, Initiative: 5
    • HP: 28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges: 7/7
    • Half-Orc Resilience: 5 thp when bloodied
    • Swift Charge: +2 speed when charging
    • Powers
    • Crane's Wings
    • Five Storms
    • Stonefist Flurry of Blows (9 dam to same target / 11 dam to adj target)
    • Careful Stride
    • Furious Assault (1w or 1d8 extra damage)
    • Rising Storm
    • Second Wind
    • Snow Leopard Maneuver
    • Items
    • Badge of the Berserker +1 (avoid OA when charging)
    • Clothes/Hat/Scarf
    • "Kaede" (club)
    • Shuriken
    • Foot Pads (+1 stealth to move silently)
    • Camaflouged Clothing (+1 stealth to hide)
    • Thieve's Kit (+2 thievery)
    • Climber's Kit (+2 athletics for climbing)
      _______________
      Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
      « Last edit by Viktor on Mon May 17, 2010 4:34 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"Now, now Svetlana. My name is Korrin. Of course we will help. We would never leave any to suffer."

The runepriest glances around the room, and back at the woman. insight (1d20+11+1=14)
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
As far as Korrin can tell, Svetlana is entirely sincere. Takeo, however, sees no bandits at the moment.

OOC: BTW, you're in the entrance courtyard at A1. Oleg is up on the roof of A2.

User posted image
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
Glancing about, Variel asks,"What can you tell us of these bandits? If we are to be of service, knowing their numbers, habits, and armaments would be most useful."

Insight and perception, specifically for Svetlana and what he can see in the encampment. (1d20+4+1=14, 1d10+13+1=15) OOC: Has anyone claimed darkgreen as their speech color?
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Svetlana nods towards her husband, now slowly... slowly... starting to climb down the ladder. "Oh, Oleg will tell you everything." She smiles.

Variel also senses that Svetlana is sincere. From his very quick glance, he can tell that this trading post appears to have once been a military fort - perhaps from a failed attempt to settle the area - that was abandoned for a decade or more. Signs of recent work show areas that, presumably, the Levetons have restored since occupying the fort. On the west side of the courtyard, the elf sees simple stables (A3), a semi-enclosed storage pen is to the north (A4) along with compost heaps and middens (A5), and to the east are the main hall (A6 through A11) and perhaps a guest house (A2).
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
"A pleasure to meet you," Magda smiles at Svetlana and Oleg. "For some reason I didn't expect to meet an 'Oleg' at Oleg's Trading Post. It is refreshing to see some simple sincerity out in the Greenbelt. I've seen a couple other similar settlements like this in my travels. One was named 'The Swaggering Fox's Rest' and the other was called 'The Duchess's Cushion,' neither had a fox or a duchess in residence.

Magda notices Oleg's hesitation at stopping his work on the roof, "I must say, it looks as though you have done an excellent job of keeping the fort in good repair. You must spend quite a bit of time and energy on the maintenance of this place. How long have you occupied this place?"

OOC: I'm using firebrick for my color.

  •  Magda Cordero
    • Female Human Cleric 2
    • Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
    • AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:13, Will:18 - Speed:5
    • HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Astral Seal
      • Gaze of Defiance
      • Sacred Flame
      • Healing Word
      • Divine Glow
      • Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune or Healer's Mercy
      • Moment of Glory
      • Return from Death's Door

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Svetlana turns to Magda. "Oleg and I have been here for about six months. We received permission to restore this old fort and open a trading post from the Lords of Restov, and we've been at it since. It's always been a dream of Oleg's. And he does enjoy his work here. Everything was going well, until those bandits started coming by a few months ago..."

She trails off, her smile fading for the first time as she absent-mindedly runs the fingers of her right hand over those of her left. Her smile quickly returns and she claps her hands in front of herself. "But now you're here! I'm sure you'll fix everything."

Oleg has, nearly, reached the bottom of the ladder.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Takeo relaxes as he realizes they aren't under imminent attack. "The bandits are not here now then. That is good. When was the last time they came by and, more interestingly, what did they think worth stealing?" he asks and all but flies into the air and onto the nearby wagon to plop himself down in the driver's seat in a slouch.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
"You are not under the protection of Restov, then? Or have they been delinquent in their duties towards you?" demands Uriah, his wiry hands clenching around his staff. "We were told that the bandits were farther south. But if your bandits are a recent addition, perhaps our information is out of date. We have arrived none too soon."
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oleg, finally, moseys over to the group. He's a middle-aged man who looks like he's aged a lot in the last few months. "I'm Oleg," he grunts. When Uriah makes clear that the group was not in fact sent to help the Levetons, Oleg tosses his hands in the air and swears. "Pig guts! Those worthless bureaucrats in Restov keep promising help, and when you lot wander in to my trading post, you've not heard one word of it! Bloody daft fools!"

User posted image

Svetlana puts her are in Oleg's and pats his hand. "Hush, dear. These nice people have said they'll help, isn't that right?" She looks at you all expectantly. "And they arrived not a moment too soon! The bandits return tomorrow morning!"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"If you feed me and give me a place to sleep, sure I'll help." murmurs Takeo from under his cone-hat, on top of the wagon.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
« Last edit by Viktor on Tue May 18, 2010 8:38 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Oh, thank you!" Svetlana says to the half-orc. "You can all stay in the guest house. Oleg was just patching a leak in the roof, and it should be tight as a drum now. And I'll prepare places for you all at dinner. No charge! Just my way of saying thanks for the help you'll be lending us."

She turns towards the dwarf with the hammer. "You said your name was Korrin? Welcome. Might we know the names of the rest of our benefactors?"
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Keeping her tone friendly, Madga introduces herself. "My name is Magda, cleric of Sarenrae. Perhaps you are familiar with the Dawnflower goddess?" Seeing Svetlana frown slightly, Magda eagerly continues "No? Well, She joys in healing the sick, lifting up the fallen, and shining a guiding light into the darkest hearts and lands. Naturally, I would consider it my duty as a follower of Sarenrae to assist you and put a stop these malicious outlaws. Perhaps you can tell us more about them over dinner." Magda smiles a thought occurring to her, "Can I help you in the kitchen? I just love to cook."
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Tue May 18, 2010 8:56 pm. »
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Takeo's head jerks up at the mention of Magda offering to cook. He somersaults off the wagon and lands nimbly. "Oh yes! Let Magda cook! She makes great pies and Tak loves to eat them! That's me, Tak, short for Takeo."
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"I am Variel." Pulling his hood down, he clearly reveals his distinctive elvish features for the first time. "At the risk of boasting, I'm a fairly accomplished tracker, and it isn't too difficult to locate the average brigand. And, if I may, I would like to offer my services in the dinning hall. I'm also a fairly accomplished eater."
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"You say the bandits return tomorrow? They are on a schedule?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oleg grunts. "Like clockwork. Never knew bandits to be so punctual! The show up not an hour after dawn and take off quick as can be."

Svetlana adds, "Their camp must be about a day away if they make so sure to get here so early and leave so quickly."

Oleg grunts again. "They take just about anything of value - furs, trade goods, you name. Leave us just enough to get by until the next month hopin' they won't come back."

Svetlana picks up. "They've come three times before. The first time, there were a dozen thugs, a cloaked man with a bow, and a woman with two hatchets." Svetlana shivers when mentioning the last bandit. "The second time, the hooded man and 10 bandits came, and the third time, the hooded man and eight bandits. They must think we're easy pickings now. Hopefully they'll be fewer tomorrow."

"They weren't shy about what would happen if we didn't cooperate, either," Oleg says. "Especially the woman. Burn the place down, kill me, not kill Svetlana, if you get my meaning..." Oleg turns a vicious shade of red at that. "They took her wedding ring right off her hand, and I couldn't do a bloody thing but watch! Just to show they could!"

"Hush, dear, it's alright," Svetlana says, sounding as if she's said this dozens of times before. "The important thing is that we're alive. A ring is just a thing." Still, Oleg looks pained.

"So," Oleg says gruffly, "how do you want to kill the bastards? I think maybe hiding in the guest house until their busy with the loot will work, but this sort of thing is your angle, not mine."
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Grinning, Takeo says. "Master Otori used to say when I wouldn't pay attention to his rantings, that a fox coming into a chicken coop never expects to find a turkey. But when it does, it forgets all about the chickens and becomes stupid for the turkey. I never really knew why he said that because I like chickens more than turkey, but I quickly learned my lesson when he hit me on the head. I think we could try giving the bandits a turkey to become all stupid about."

OOC: We could have one of us act as bait for the bandits, maybe as a traveling merchant, to lure them into a position we want them in on the map. Then we surprise attack them. Another idea might be for one of us to pretend to be a new worker for Oleg who let's him/herself get pushed around a little to distract them. Of course, we could all just hide in different places and then charge them. We can also combine ideas. Do we want to set up some traps? Would that require thievery/nature?
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Magda listens to Oleg and Svetlana's explanation with growing anger. "That sounds horrible. I cannot even imagine what you good people must have suffered through; it must have been awful. These bandits must be stopped!" She ponders the situation "I guess there are two approaches we could take - go out and try to find the bandit hideout or wait here for their attack."

Then Magda asks "Oleg, are you ill? It sounds like you have a sore throat. I know an excellent remedy for sore throat - pickled beets with lots of hot pepper. I could mix up a batch for you if you like."

After hearing Tak's muddled reasoning, she says in an exasperated tone "Takeo, I think you might have chickens on the brain."

OOC: I'm for hiding in various spots around the courtyard and surprise the bandits once they arrive.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Uriah's bushy eyebrows furrow with anger as Oleg speaks of the bandits' boldness, and Restov's empty promises. "We should ambush them here, of course, and then try to locate the camp. Divide and conquer. When they come, they just march right in and stand around chatting with you, demanding your goods? Disgusting, but this time their shamelessness will be their doom. We shall be waiting, to strike them down with spell and sword. Let them cluster around their spoils, that we may smite many at once. And let one of us be ready at the gate, to close it behind them, lest they escape their doom and warn their comrades."

OOC: I am, of course, suggesting that we try to set them up for AoE attacks in a surprise round if possible.
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
Scratching his chin, Variel turns to Uriah. "That's a bold and incisive plan. The only question is who gets to close the gates and bar the way out?"
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"I want to eat now. We can talk more over the meal."

OOC: We have a general strategy. Two PC's hide behind and close the gates upon a signal. The three other PC's will be in hiding around the A1 courtyard or on the roof. Every player should choose where they want to be and then we can continue with the story, since it's actually still the day before the bandits are due to arrive.

Takeo will close one of the doors.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Takeo notices that Korrin and Variel have huddled together and have been ignoring everything but discussing tactics. For some reason they both seem unable to make a decision on who will be where for the ambush. He sniffs his armpits, wondering why they don't want to close the gates with him tomorrow. "If it will help you choose, I can sleep on the floor instead of the pigsty tonight. Now let's go eat!" he tells them, wondering if they will be just as indecisive on deciding which enemy to bonk on the head.

OOC: Sort of transferring some of what's been happening in the strategy thread over here. My understanding so far is that Takeo will hide behind and close one of the gates, either Korrin or Variel will take care of the other gate. No idea yet where the other of the two, Magda, or Uriah will be positioned.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Magda nods at Korrin and Variel. "The ambush is a sound strategy." It seems like the tacticians have things well in hand.

After hearing his eagerness to eat, she scolds Takeo, "By the Dawnflower's Holy Light, your stomach is a bottomless pit. Beware the path of Urgathoa - gluttony and excess will lead to depravity."

OOC: Magda can hide over by the compost heaps around A5.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

DeadGoblins.com » Kingmaker » KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 1

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software