DeadGoblins.com » Kingmaker » KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 1

KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 1

Moderators: Gary, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Still...nothing" Aluric whispers as he downs the beverage. His shoulders slump forward and head droops. The gearsman lifts his head back up and says, "My patron tells us that all peoples are free to live as they choose, enjoy life, and drink. If we could make this deal, we could look upon each other as friends and protect each other should outsiders try to destroy our freedoms."

Religion check (+5 skill, +1 24hr, +2 aid) (1d20+8=27)

  •  Aluric
    • Warforged Paladin 3
    • Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14
    • AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 - Speed:5
    • HP:41/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:12/12
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Divine Challenge
      • Ardent Strike
      • Valiant Strike
      • Channel Divinity
        • Divine Mettle
        • Divine Strength
      • Warforged Resolve
      • Call of Challenge
      • Piercing Smite
      • Winter's Edge
      • Virtue's Touch 1 2 3
      • Driving Blades
      • Jousting Heavy Shield
       
    • Items
      • Hempen Rope (50ft)
      • Grappling Hook, Hammer, Pitons (10)
      • Holy Symbol
       
    • Abilities
      • Basic Melee Attack +8
      • Damage: 1d8+4
      • Living Construct
      • Warforged Resilience
      • Unsleeping Watcher
      • Divine Sanction
      • Warforged Tactics
       
    • Skills
      • Acrobatics -3
      • Arcana 0
      • Athletics +1
      • Bluff +2
      • Diplomacy +7
      • Dungeoneering +4
      • Endurance +6
      • Heal +4
      • History +0/li>
      • Insight +6
      • Intimidate +9
      • Nature +4
      • Perception +4
      • Religion +5
      • Stealth -3
      • Streetwise +2
      • Thievery -3
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Yes," muses Sootscale, "live as we choose. Protect us from outsiders... outsides like Tartuk!" (Success!)

The chief is very nearly swayed, and the small crowd of kobolds looking on all nod eagerly at Aluric and Sootscale's words.

Success - 7/8
Failures - 0/3

Skills - Any you can make a case for. If you want to interact with Mikmek or Nakpik in trying to convince Chief Sootscale of your intentions, feel free. Failure doesn't mean a fight, necessarily. What the chief and other kobolds do depend on how the conversation goes and what the party proposes.

Everyone must go before you can take another turn.

Magda
Aluric
=>Variel
=>Korrin
=>Uriah
Takeo
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"Chief, all that matters in this life, or in any after-life you might believe in, is the way we treat each other. Gods do not play into this; we all have free will. So, you can fight with us, or you can sit with us and speak, and we can see what we can all do to make this world in which we live a better place." Korrin finishes, glancing at Magda, hoping she nods agreement with at least the basic premise.

religion (1d20+5=21)
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Fight with you, make a better place, yes, yes," Chief Sootscale considers. He suddenly looks at the party with a surge of interest.

"We make deal! You give me Old Sharptooth and we fight Tartuk together, free Sootscale clan. You get half treasure we won from mights, and Sootscale clan your ally for all time. Good deal, yes?"

The other kobolds all look on anxiously, awaiting your reply.

OOC: Skill challenge completed!
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Uriah looks around at the others, giving a small nod.
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
"Alright. Here is your Sharptooth." Magda frowns and reluctantly hands over the statue. "So where do we find Tartuk?"
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Takeo looks up eagerly and begins cracking his joints in anticipation.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Chief Sootscale eagerly takes Old Sharptooth from Magda, and looks at it warily for a moment as if considering something as the other kobolds watch with great interest. Suddenly, the chief raises the statue over his head and hurls it against a large stone, shattering it into a thousand pieces.

Chief Sootscale pauses for a moment, as if waiting to be struck down by a vengeful deity, and when nothing happens, he exclaims "Death to Sharptooth! Death to Tartuk! Death to the usuper!" The other kobolds all cheer, and in a scaly wave of small, excited humanoids, the group is carried along behind Chief Sootscale towards what they can only assume is Tartuk's lair.

OOC: Fight coming up! I'll try to get it posted tonight. Sorry for the delay, gang.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
In all the commotion, Variel glances about, checking the exit. "Great. Well, do we let the kobold chief show his power and might before his tribe, or do we possibly undermine him to wade in and show that we're worthy allies?"
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
"If we let the chief get killed, all this talk will have been for nothing. Let's make sure he stays alive, even if it embarrasses him," Uriah grunts as they run with the kobolds.
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"I agree. We need to make sure the chief survives. We made a deal with him. We can show he has powerful allies."
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The mob rushes through narrow tunnels into what must have been the clan's great hall before Tartuk made it his own lair. Bizarre trophies, like an alligator skull wearing a helmet in one corner and a complete gnome skeleton mounted in a glass case, are arrayed alongside burlap sacks with coins glinting from the brim, and amongst it all is refuse.

At the far end of the room is Tartuk. Variel has seen hundreds of kobolds in his years of roaming, and they've all had scales of browns and grays, yellows and greens. Surely the deep purple scales of Tartuk mark him as unusual in some way. As the crowd bursts into the room, Tartuk hurls a black powder into the pool in the middle of the chamber, which quickly turns a deathly, sick gray.

User posted image

"So, Sootscale, what's all this? Some big ones stumble into the cave and you grow a backbone?" Tartuk taunts.

The angry chief shouts back, "Old Sharptooth broken and dead! Soon you be same, usurper! You no rule tribe anymore! Sootscales follow Chief Sootscale!"

"Bah, these whelps will merely follow you into oblivion, fool!" Tartuk shrieks. "I had hoped to enjoy destroying this tribe for a couple more months, but I shall have to make due with savoring today. Come die for me, filthy scalebrain!"

Chief Sootscale and his kobolds and Tartuk and his raven are poised to tear each other to shreds...

User posted image

Initiative and Status
-->Variel - 33/33 , 6/6 surges, 1 AP
-->SAMAV - 30/30, 2/2 surges
Chief Sootscale - Unarmed
Takeo - 33/33, 7/7 surges, 1 AP
Korrin - 40/40, 11/11 surges, 1 AP
Aluric - 41/41, 12/12 surges, 1 AP
Tartuk - Unarmed
Raven - Unarmed
Uriah - 34/34, 9/9 surges, 1 AP
Mikmek - Unharmed
Nakpik - Unharmed
Kobold A - Unharmed
Kobold B - Unharmed
Kobold C - Unharmed
Kobold D - Unharmed
Kobold E - Unharmed
Magda - 34/34, 8/8 surges, 1 AP

Terrain
Black water - This noxious liquid seems to reek of evil...
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"I will protect the chief!"

OOC: Korrin has nothing ranged, so he can stay around Sootscale, at least for the time being. Well, assuming the chief doesn't just charge in as fast as he can go, which is faster than a dwarf.
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
Faster than any human, dwarf, or kobold, Variel launches into action. Even as the shaman throws his foul powder, Variel has an arrow away with another being loaded. "Fall creature of evil. Your existence is an affront to nature, and you end is nigh."

Variel uses begin the Hunt: +2 to initiative, designate any visible target as quarry, get +2 power bonus to attack rolls while that target is quarry.
Actions:
Standard: Two-Fanged Strike against Tartuk (begin the hunt) (24Hr) (quarry) (1d20+10+2+1=30, 1d10+6=14, 1d20+10+2+1=18, 1d10+6=16, 1d6=5)
Attack hits AC 30 for 14+5(HQ)=19 and AC 18 for 16 damage. Upon a miss, Elven Accuracy for :Elven accuracy (begin the hunt) (24Hr) (1d20+10+2+1=18) AC 18
Upon a second miss: rebounding crossbow against raven rebounding crossbow basic attack (24Hr) (1d20+10+1=19, 1d10+6=10)
If both twin-strike attacks hit, deal an additional 3 damage.
Move: Variel to K8, SAMAV to K10

  •  Variel Click for character sheet (PDF)
    • Male Elf Beastmaster Ranger 3
    • Passive Perception: 23, Passive Insight: 14
    • AC:19 Fort:12 Reflex:17, Will:14 - Speed:7
    • HP:33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:6/6
    • Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Hunter's Quarry (Minor)
      • Nimble Strike (Standard, ranged weapon)
      • Twin Strike (Standard, melee/ranged weapon)
      • Second Wind (Standard, Personal)
      • Elven Accuracy (Free, Personal)
      • Two-Fanged Strike (Standard, melee/ranged weapon)
      • Disruptive Strike (Immediate Interrupt, melee/ranged weapon)
      • Rebounding Weapon (Free, ranged weapon special)
      • Begin the Hunt (No Action, Personal)
      • Sure Shot (Standard, ranged weapon)
       
    • Items
      • Hide Armor
      • Rebounding Superior Corssbow +1 - +1 attack and damage on a miss use a free action to make a ranged basic attack against an enemy within 5 squares of the missed target
      • Crossbow bolts (40)
      • Climber's kit - gain +2 bonus to Athletics checks for climbing
      • Footpads - gain +1 item bonus to Stealth checks to move quietly
      • Thieve's Tools - gain a +2 bonus to Thievery checks to open a lock or disarm a trap
      • Hunter's Kit - gain a +2 bonus to Nature checks made to forage
      • Dagger
      • Adventurer's Kit
       
    • Abilities
      • Languages Common, Elven
      • Fey Origin Count as a Fey creature for effects that relate to creature origin
      • Group Awareness non-elf allies within 5 squares get a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks
      • Wild Step Ignore difficult terrain when shifting
       
    • Skills
      • Acrobatics +10
      • Arcana +1
      • Athletics +0
      • Bluff +0
      • Diplomacy +0
      • Dungeoneering +9
      • Endurance +0
      • Heal +4
      • History +1
      • Insight +4
      • Intimidate +0
      • Nature +11
      • Perception +13
      • Religion +1
      • Stealth +10
      • Streetwise +0
      • Thievery +5

  •  SAMAV
    • Raptor 2
    • Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 11
    • AC:17 Fort:13 Reflex:16, Will:15 - Speed:2, Fly 7 (hover)
    • HP:30/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:2/2
    • Powers
      • Basic Melee Attack (claw) +8 vs AC, 1d6+dex(4)
       


    OOC: Will use disruptive strike if possible, Gary, please just roll if it comes up.
    _______________
    Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
    Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
    Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
    Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"I don't like the look of that black water." pipes Takeo as he tries to understand what he's seeing. A futile endeavor.

1d20+2+1=7, 1d20+2+1=8, 1d20+2+1=14Dungeoneering, Nature, Perception rolls on the environment
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Variel sets his sights on the purple kobold, and his first arrow pierces his scales easily (hit). His second goes wide, even after a last minute adjustment to his aim (miss and miss ). However, the elf uses the opportunity to send another arrow at the raven, which ruffles a few feathers (hit). Finally, Variel and SAMAV move closer to the shaman.

Chief Sootscale, showing fury and bravery not often seen in koboldkind, moves as far as he can towards Tartukl (move 5, move 5, minor action shift 1 kobold racial power), howling the entire way, "RRRRrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!"

Takeo, besides noting the obvious fact that the water looks an unhealthy gray, has no idea what else might be going on with the foul liquid.

Readied - Disruptive Strike (Variel)

User posted image

Initiative and Status
Variel - 33/33 , 6/6 surges, 1 AP
SAMAV - 30/30, 2/2 surges
Chief Sootscale - Unarmed
-->Takeo - 33/33, 7/7 surges, 1 AP
Korrin - 40/40, 11/11 surges, 1 AP
Aluric - 41/41, 12/12 surges, 1 AP
Tartuk - Down 19, HQ-BtH
Raven - Down 10
Uriah - 34/34, 9/9 surges, 1 AP
Mikmek - Unharmed
Nakpik - Unharmed
Kobold A - Unharmed
Kobold B - Unharmed
Kobold C - Unharmed
Kobold D - Unharmed
Kobold E - Unharmed
Magda - 34/34, 8/8 surges, 1 AP

Terrain
Black water - This noxious liquid seems to reek of evil...
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Seeing Sootscale charge ahead bravely tingles Takeo's nerves and makes his legs itch. Briefly he thinks what Magda's going to say about him rushing off, but it doesn't stop him from belting after the kobold chieftain.

Takeo closes the distance quickly and even passes by Sootscale to confront Tartuk and his funny-looking raven. With a sweep of his arms he lays into both of them, using his momentum to gently glide around them like drops falling from a leaf.

Move: to M16 with steel wind at-will move discipline (speed+2)
Standard: move from M16 to U14 with steel wind at-will move discipline (speed+2)
Minor: shift from U14 to V13 with gentle rainfaill encounter move discipline (minor action: shift 1 or move 3)
Action Point: 1d20+6+1=19, 1d20+6+1=22, 1d10+5=13 Gentle Rainfall attack on Raven and Tartuk, vs REFLEX, +1 24h, Takeo can shift one for each enemy he hits
Free: Stonefist Flurry does 9 damage to Tartuk if hit, otherwise 9 on Raven if hit and Tartuk missed
Free: 1d10=2 Furious Assault extra damage on Tartuk, but only if Tartuk is hit

OOC: Whoa, and I thought my two-blade ranger PC was mobile. I think I used the full discipline rules correctly in using the at-will move of steel wind twice. I'm not sure about the rules though. Gentle Rainfall hits Raven 19 REF and hits Tartuk 22 REF for 13 damage each. 9 extra stonefist flurry damage preferably on Tartuk. If one enemy is hit, Takeo will shift to W14 via gentle rainfall effect. If both are hit, he'll shift 2 spaces to X13.

User posted image
Surges remaining: 7/7

  • Tak'gunitoth (Takeo) - "Rising Death"
    • Half-Orc Stonefist Monk, Level 3
    • Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
    • AC: 20 Fort: 17 Reflex: 17 Will: 15 Speed: 6, Initiative: 5
    • HP: 33, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges: 7/7
    • Half-Orc Resilience: 5 thp when bloodied
    • Swift Charge: +2 speed when charging
    • Resistances: 5 acid
    • Powers
    • Five Storms
    • Steel Wind
    • Stonefist Flurry of Blows (9 dam to same target / 11 dam to adj target)
    • Furious Assault (1w or 1d8 extra damage)
    • Eternal Mountain
    • Gentle Rainfall
    • Second Wind
    • Swift Flight
    • Steel Avalanche
    • Items
    • Badge of the Berserker +1 (avoid OA when charging)
    • Final Sleep Ki Focus +1 (+1d12 crit, shift 1 as free action when reducing enemy to 0 or fewer hp)
    • Cloth Armor of Resistance +1 (resist 5 acid)
    • Clothes/Hat/Scarf
    • "Kaede" (club)
    • Shuriken
    • Foot Pads (+1 stealth to move silently)
    • Camaflouged Clothing (+1 stealth to hide)
    • Thieve's Kit (+2 thievery)
    • _______________
      Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Takeo moves across the chamber in a blur, then hammers at Tartuk and his raven with his fists, hitting both of them (hit both and bloodies the raven, and I applied SFFoB and FA to Tartuk). (My reading of the Full Discipline rules agrees with how you took this turn.)

However, as his assault hits Tartuk, a blast of dark power shoves Takeo nearly into the black liquid, and he can feel his life force slowly draining away (slowed and 10 OGD necrotic (SE both), this is from Tartuk directly, and NOT an effect of the liquid, in case you were wondering. I think you still get your shift 2 from Gentle Breeze after Tartuk used forced movement on you. Just say where you want to go from where Tartuk shoved you. Also, I don't think this triggers Disruptive Strike, since it's an immediate reaction from Tartuk, and not an "attack." Fear not, I'm sure Disruptive Strike will trigger soon enough. :)).

OOC: When attacking multiple creatures in the same power, please state in the IC note field the order of the enemies the rolls are applying too. There's nothing in Takeo's roll that states which d20 was for the raven and which was for Tartuk. See Salazar's typical roll here as an example of what I'm looking for: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2851737/ Thanks.

Readied - Disruptive Strike (Variel)

User posted image

Initiative and Status
Variel - 33/33 , 6/6 surges, 1 AP
SAMAV - 30/30, 2/2 surges
Chief Sootscale - Unarmed
Takeo - 33/33, 7/7 surges, 0 AP, slowed and 10 OGD necrotic (SE both)
-->Korrin - 40/40, 11/11 surges, 1 AP
Aluric - 41/41, 12/12 surges, 1 AP
Tartuk - Down 43, HQ-BtH
Raven - Down 23, bloodied
Uriah - 34/34, 9/9 surges, 1 AP
Mikmek - Unharmed
Nakpik - Unharmed
Kobold A - Unharmed
Kobold B - Unharmed
Kobold C - Unharmed
Kobold D - Unharmed
Kobold E - Unharmed
Magda - 34/34, 8/8 surges, 1 AP

Terrain
Black water - This noxious liquid seems to reek of evil...
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Ugnnn!" exclaims Take as he just manages to keep his balance before tumbling into the water by throwing his weight forward. The momentum lands him back closer to Tartuk and his raven.

OOC: Shifting Takeo to U11 from hitting with both gentle rainfall attacks.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Korrin grunts as Sootscale runs off, but takes a deep breath and moves off after him.

OOC: Double move to O16
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"Tartuk, let these people go!" Seeing his words have to effect, he charges in, savagely attacking the shaman.

Arcana (0+1), Dungeoneering (4+1), History (0+1), Nature (4+1), Religion (5+1) checks (1d20+1=12, 1d20+5=13, 1d20+1=19, 1d20+5=12, 1d20+6=16)

Minor Action: Channel Divinity: Divine Strength (Personal; Apply 4 damage on next attack this turn)

Move Action: Walk (Move 5 sq) to L15

Move Action: Walk (Move 5 sq) to Q16

Action Point!

Standard Action: Driving Blades Charge to V14 (Melee 1; +9 vs. AC; Hit: 2d8+4 dam and 5 OGD (save ends); each time you hit target with melee att while it takes OGD, you can push 1 sq and shift 1 sq into space vacated; Miss: Half damage and push 1 sq; Crit: 20 dam; Resist 5 against OAs made in charge)

Driving Blades Charge (+8 W, +1 24hr, +1 charge) (1d20+10=22, 2d8+4=18)

OOC: Skill checks on the pool: Arcana 12, Dungeoneering 13, History 19, Nature 12, Religion 16. Divine Strength (+4 dam on attack this turn), then double move to Q16, Action Point, Charge to V14. Using Driving Blades daily, hit Tartuk AC 22 for 22 damage (forgot the DS damage bonus in the roll). On a hit, Tartuk also takes 5 OGD (SE) and every time I hit him before he saves, I can push him 1 and shift into that space.


  •  Aluric
    • Warforged Paladin 3
    • Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14
    • AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 - Speed:5
    • HP:41/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:12/12
    • Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Divine Challenge
      • Ardent Strike
      • Valiant Strike
      • Channel Divinity
        • Divine Mettle
        • Divine Strength
      • Warforged Resolve
      • Call of Challenge
      • Piercing Smite
      • Winter's Edge
      • Virtue's Touch 1 2 3
      • Driving Blades
      • Jousting Heavy Shield
       
    • Items
      • Hempen Rope (50ft)
      • Grappling Hook, Hammer, Pitons (10)
      • Holy Symbol
       
    • Abilities
      • Basic Melee Attack +8
      • Damage: 1d8+4
      • Living Construct
      • Warforged Resilience
      • Unsleeping Watcher
      • Divine Sanction
      • Warforged Tactics
       
    • Skills
      • Acrobatics -3
      • Arcana 0
      • Athletics +1
      • Bluff +2
      • Diplomacy +7
      • Dungeoneering +4
      • Endurance +6
      • Heal +4
      • History +0/li>
      • Insight +6
      • Intimidate +9
      • Nature +4
      • Perception +4
      • Religion +5
      • Stealth -3
      • Streetwise +2
      • Thievery -3
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Korrin moves as fast as his stumpy dwarven legs will carry him.

Aluric dashes across the room and slashes at the shaman, leaving a lingering wound (hits). Aluric's unique understanding of theology allows him to note that the foul water has some sort of necrotic effect.

Tartuk feels the sting of Aluric's blade, then slinks forward (minor shift and move shift), then unleashes a hex on Takeo, Aluric, and Chief Sootscale. Variel's arrow sails to Tartuk (Disruptive Strike triggered) and hits (Disrupting Strike (24H) (1d20+10+1=24, 1d10+6=10)) but can't distract the shaman enough to make his attack mis Takeo. The hex hits Takeo and Aluric and misses the Chief. Takeo and Aluric find themselves stumbling towards each other and suddenly attacking Chief Sootscale! Takeo's flying feet (Steel Wind) hits the chief (9 damage to Chief), but Aluric's blade (Ardent Strike) goes wide. Not yet done, Tartuk sends forth another hex, and suddenly Takeo, Aluric, and the chief are all fully under the shaman's thrall (dominated, save ends). The shaman then shakes off Aluric's slash (save vs OGD successful).

The raven flies over to Takeo and tries to slash him with his claws. The half-orc's luck seems to have improved as the talons miss their mark. The bird then flies off a ways.

User posted image

Initiative and Status
Variel - 33/33 , 6/6 surges, 1 AP
SAMAV - 30/30, 2/2 surges
Chief Sootscale - Down 9, dominated (SE)
Takeo - 33/33, 7/7 surges, 0 AP, slowed and 10 OGD necrotic (SE both), dominated (SE)
Korrin - 40/40, 11/11 surges, 1 AP
Aluric - 41/41, 12/12 surges, 0 AP, dominated (SE)
Tartuk - Down 80, HQ-BtH
Raven - Down 23, bloodied
-->Uriah - 34/34, 9/9 surges, 1 AP
Mikmek - Unharmed
Nakpik - Unharmed
Kobold A - Unharmed
Kobold B - Unharmed
Kobold C - Unharmed
Kobold D - Unharmed
Kobold E - Unharmed
Magda - 34/34, 8/8 surges, 1 AP

Terrain
Black water - This noxious liquid seems to reek of evil... The liquid has a necrotic effect of some sort.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Uriah calmly strides forward, moving onto dry land and raising his staff while muttering harsh syllables. A sullen red bolt of power flies toward Tartuk with a crackling noise.

OOC: Move to K7. divine bolts on Tartuk, 12 vs. Reflex for 7 damage probably misses. He takes -2 to saves regardless TSNT (Uriah)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Uriah's bolt of power dissipates without harming Tartuk.

Mikmek, Nakpik, and the other kobolds all move as close to Tartuk as possible (move 6, move 6, minor shift 1).

User posted image

Initiative and Status
Variel - 33/33 , 6/6 surges, 1 AP
SAMAV - 30/30, 2/2 surges
Chief Sootscale - Down 9, dominated (SE)
Takeo - 33/33, 7/7 surges, 0 AP, slowed and 10 OGD necrotic (SE both), dominated (SE)
Korrin - 40/40, 11/11 surges, 1 AP
Aluric - 41/41, 12/12 surges, 0 AP, dominated (SE)
Tartuk - Down 80, HQ-BtH, -2 saves SNT Uriah
Raven - Down 23, bloodied
Uriah - 34/34, 9/9 surges, 1 AP
Mikmek - Unharmed
Nakpik - Unharmed
Kobold A - Unharmed
Kobold B - Unharmed
Kobold C - Unharmed
Kobold D - Unharmed
Kobold E - Unharmed
-->Magda - 34/34, 8/8 surges, 1 AP

Terrain
Black water - This noxious liquid seems to reek of evil... The liquid has a necrotic effect of some sort.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Magda also examines the black liquid. The cleric knows that if she is going to do any good, she's got to get closer to the fight. She holds up her arms and calls out "May the pure light of Sarenrae give the righteous strength and smite those who oppose her."

Knowledge checks: Religion; Perception; Arcana (1d20+7+1=20, 1d20+5+1=26, 1d20+7+1=22)
Move: double move to O17
AP: Moment of Glory. Clost blast 5 on P17 - T13. Kobold A, D, Magda, Mikmek, Sootscale, Aluric and Takeo gain resist 5 to all damage until the end of my next turn. Sustain minor.

OOC: If its not too much trouble, can Aluric have a hexagon image like the rest of us?

  •  Magda Cordero
    • Female Human Cleric 2
    • Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
    • AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:13, Will:18 - Speed:5
    • HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
    • Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Astral Seal
      • Gaze of Defiance
      • Sacred Flame
      • Healing Word 2d6+7+surge
      • Divine Glow
      • Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune or Healer's Mercy HM =surge + 1d6+7
      • Moment of Glory
      • Return from Death's Door

User posted image
edit: I didn't realize that Kobold A and D were our allies.
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
« Last edit by Emily on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:30 pm. »

Page: « < ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 > »

DeadGoblins.com » Kingmaker » KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 1

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software