DeadGoblins.com » Kingmaker » KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 1

KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 1

Moderators: Gary, Michael Doss.

Page: « < ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 > »

Author Post
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oleg, Svetlana, and Jhod wishing you luck, the group of seven - the original five having been joined by Aluric and Mikmek - journey to the Sootscale's cave. After an uneventful day and a half's travel, Variel and Mikmek lead the party to their destination.

From behind an outcropping about 100 feet from the entrance, Mikmek proudly shows off his home to the big ones who rescued him. A pair of creatures, a kobold and a captured mite, wait before the entrance. "That Nakpik," Mikmek says of the kobold. "He must be on guard now. He nice kobold, he my mother's sister's husband's brother's son." Pointing at the mite, who is locked in a cage, Mikmek explains, "I not remember his name. We capture him and put him there to warn other mites, you no come here, we stomp you!"

OOC: If you want to fight, let me know and I'll put the map together. If you want to talk, to Mikmek or Nakpik, go ahead.

User posted image
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Magda glances at the cave entrance and does her best not to think about going into another dark hole in the ground. Putting on a polite face, Magda optimistically greets the guard "Bright and glorious day to you Mr. Napkin. We brought you back your relation, Mikmek, and we thought we might speak to your Chief. Is he at home?"
Diplomacy (1d20+9=12)

  •  Magda Cordero
    • Female Human Cleric 3
    • Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
    • AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:13, Will:18 - Speed:5
    • HP:29/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:4/8
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Astral Seal
      • Gaze of Defiance
      • Sacred Flame
      • Healing Word x2 2d6+7+surge
      • Divine Glow
      • Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune or Healer's Mercy HM =surge + 1d6+7
      • Hymn of Resurgence Close blast 5
      • Moment of Glory
      • Return from Death's Door

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Nakpik looks dubiously at the human woman, who seems to - sort of - know his name. "Who you? Why you have Mikmek? What you want? You working for mites, I think. That where Mikmek went last."

OOC: Skill challenge time! Thanks to Mikmek's presence, it's fairly easy. 4 success before 3 failures. Magda - barely - succeeded.

Success - 1/4
Failures - 0/3

Skills - Any you can make a case for. If you want to interact with Mikmek in trying to convince Nakpik of your intentions, feel free.

Everyone must go before you can take another turn.

Magda
=>Aluric
=>Variel
=>Korrin
=>Uriah
=>Takeo
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Takeo confidently walks up to Nakpik, his hands raised to show he's not holding any weapons and puts an arm around his shoulder. "Do you see your friend Mikmek over there standing with my friends. Well, if a friend of yours stands with a friend of mine, then that means we're all friends, doesn't it?" he asks, stepping away and patting Nakpik on the shoulder. "And since you're my friend now, I'd like to give you a new-friend gift. Here." he adds, holding out some coins that he just swiped form Nakpik. "Besides, if we were working for the mites, then we wouldn't have rescued Mikmek from them. You can ask him if it ain't so."

1d20+12+1=22 Thievery roll
1d20+0+1=19 Bluff roll

OOC: Not sure if you'd prefer thievery or bluff so I rolled both.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Nakpik happily takes the coins from Takeo, pleased with the charity of the half-orc who claims to have helped Mikmek. Mikmek nods in agreement with Takeo's words.

OOC: Either works, success for Takeo.

Success - 2/4
Failures - 0/3

Skills - Any you can make a case for. If you want to interact with Mikmek in trying to convince Nakpik of your intentions, feel free.

Everyone must go before you can take another turn.

Magda
Takeo
=>Aluric
=>Variel
=>Korrin
=>Uriah
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"The others rescued your friend from the mites," the gearsman says mechanically. "I come to see if you might have any ale I could try, though," he says with a little more softness.

Diplomacy check (+7 skill, +1 24hr) (1d20+8=14)

  •  Aluric
    • Warforged Paladin 3
    • Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14
    • AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 - Speed:5
    • HP:41/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:12/12
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Divine Challenge
      • Ardent Strike
      • Valiant Strike
      • Channel Divinity
        • Divine Mettle
        • Divine Strength
      • Warforged Resolve
      • Call of Challenge
      • Piercing Smite
      • Winter's Edge
      • Virtue's Touch 1 2 3
      • Driving Blades
      • Jousting Heavy Shield
       
    • Items
      • Hempen Rope (50ft)
      • Grappling Hook, Hammer, Pitons (10)
      • Holy Symbol
       
    • Abilities
      • Basic Melee Attack +8
      • Damage: 1d8+4
      • Living Construct
      • Warforged Resilience
      • Unsleeping Watcher
      • Divine Sanction
      • Warforged Tactics
       
    • Skills
      • Acrobatics -3
      • Arcana 0
      • Athletics +1
      • Bluff +2
      • Diplomacy +7
      • Dungeoneering +4
      • Endurance +6
      • Heal +4
      • History +0/li>
      • Insight +6
      • Intimidate +9
      • Nature +4
      • Perception +4
      • Religion +5
      • Stealth -3
      • Streetwise +2
      • Thievery -3
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
"Working for the mites?" Uriah growls. "We crushed the mites, like... like bugs. And we'll do the same to you, if you persist in these petty delays. Stand aside!"

OOC: intimidate, 1d20+9=15
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
"Here, let me point out a few things about my friend's armor. Do you see this? Think hard, and you'll know where this came from. No doubt you've had to deal with the massive centipedes the mites used to have. Well, this is the biggest's hide."

nature check (1d20+11=12)
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
"I understand that you might not trust us, but you and us, we are really all the same deep down. We have the same fears, the same joys. We really all have a lot in common." Korrin's eyes crinkle, and he extends a hand in friendship.

insight (1d20+11+1=29)
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Overcome by the skillful words and wise ways of the party, Nakpik nods vigorously. "Yes, yes, I see you friends now! You great heroes to smash mites and their giant bugs to save Mikmek. I take you to Chief Sootscale like you ask."

OOC: Success! Chief Sootscale coming up tomorrow night!

The party receives 150 XP, for 25 XP per character. This puts the party at 13,670 XP for the six PC's, and 2,278 XP per PC. Fourth level is at 3,750 XP.
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
OOC: Sorry for the delay, folks. Holidays, etc.

Nakpik and Mikmek lead you into the cave, carefully taking around several deadly-looking traps and to the chamber of Chief Sootscale. Three more curious kobolds see the party and trail along, eager to see what's happening.

Sootscale looks warily at the large group of large people with large weapons. He seems a bit more cunning than his tribe's members, and the other kobolds present seem to be watching him carefully, waiting to see what will happen.

"Who are you? What you want? How you get past Nakpik? Why you have Mikmek with you?"

OOC: Skill challenge time again (hey, two back to back, but you hadn't had any all campaign)! Chief Sootscale is a tougher sell than Nakpik, though.

Success - 0/8
Failures - 0/3

Skills - Any you can make a case for. If you want to interact with Mikmek or Nakpik in trying to convince Chief Sootscale of your intentions, feel free. Failure doesn't mean a fight, necessarily. What the chief and other kobolds do depend on how the conversation goes and what the party proposes.

Everyone must go before you can take another turn.

=>Magda
=>Aluric
=>Variel
=>Korrin
=>Uriah
=>Takeo


User posted image
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Magda assesses the Chief. She can tell he is suspicious of their group. However, she has a feeling he is very superstitious and tries to use it to her advantage. "Be at ease, Chief Sootscale. We come in peace. We rescued Mikmek from the mite lair and he told us good things about you. It was fortuitous that we came across him and this statue, don't you think? Have you come across any signs or portents? I believe there was an eclipse last night." She takes out the ivory statue.
Insight (1d20+10+1=18 )

  •  Magda Cordero
    • Female Human Cleric 3
    • Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
    • AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:13, Will:18 - Speed:5
    • HP:29/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:4/8
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Astral Seal
      • Gaze of Defiance
      • Sacred Flame
      • Healing Word x2 2d6+7+surge
      • Divine Glow
      • Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune or Healer's Mercy HM =surge + 1d6+7
      • Hymn of Resurgence Close blast 5
      • Moment of Glory
      • Return from Death's Door

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Chief Sootscale's eyes light up when Magda presents the statue. She can tell he's very interested in it.

"Yes, yes. Eclipse powerful omen. Means great changes come soon." His eyes don't leave Old Sharptooth.

Success - 1/8
Failures - 0/3

Skills - Any you can make a case for. If you want to interact with Mikmek or Nakpik in trying to convince Chief Sootscale of your intentions, feel free. Failure doesn't mean a fight, necessarily. What the chief and other kobolds do depend on how the conversation goes and what the party proposes.

Everyone must go before you can take another turn.

Magda
=>Aluric
=>Variel
=>Korrin
=>Uriah
=>Takeo
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 4627
"I come here to observe kobold culture. I find all races fascinating." "Also, do you have any ale to share, I could REALLY use a drink. I am willing to trade."

Diplomacy (+7 skill, +1 24hr) (1d20+8=22)

  •  Aluric
    • Warforged Paladin 3
    • Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14
    • AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 - Speed:5
    • HP:41/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:12/12
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Divine Challenge
      • Ardent Strike
      • Valiant Strike
      • Channel Divinity
        • Divine Mettle
        • Divine Strength
      • Warforged Resolve
      • Call of Challenge
      • Piercing Smite
      • Winter's Edge
      • Virtue's Touch 1 2 3
      • Driving Blades
      • Jousting Heavy Shield
       
    • Items
      • Hempen Rope (50ft)
      • Grappling Hook, Hammer, Pitons (10)
      • Holy Symbol
       
    • Abilities
      • Basic Melee Attack +8
      • Damage: 1d8+4
      • Living Construct
      • Warforged Resilience
      • Unsleeping Watcher
      • Divine Sanction
      • Warforged Tactics
       
    • Skills
      • Acrobatics -3
      • Arcana 0
      • Athletics +1
      • Bluff +2
      • Diplomacy +7
      • Dungeoneering +4
      • Endurance +6
      • Heal +4
      • History +0/li>
      • Insight +6
      • Intimidate +9
      • Nature +4
      • Perception +4
      • Religion +5
      • Stealth -3
      • Streetwise +2
      • Thievery -3
_______________
Mal Geminous - Tiefling Warlord, Scales of War
Corydimbiddle - Gnome Artificer, Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
Takeo looks around, trying to spot anything that might give his companions an advantage in the negotiation. "You know, these kobolds are barely armored and look easy to defeat. Good to know, eh, in case we have to fight them." he offers cheerfully in a quiet voice.

1d20+2+1=8 Perception aid attempt, +1 24h, DC 11

OOC: Perception aid failure.
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Chief Sootscale's briefly glances at the gearsman, then makes a motion to one of the kobolds, who produces a round of small mugs of dubious smelling ale for the party. Who knows where this alcohol came from or how long it's been here? (Success!)

Takeo's observations, however, only serve to distract his allies (Aid failure).

Success - 2/8
Failures - 0/3

-1 penalty to the next Perception check.

Skills - Any you can make a case for. If you want to interact with Mikmek or Nakpik in trying to convince Chief Sootscale of your intentions, feel free. Failure doesn't mean a fight, necessarily. What the chief and other kobolds do depend on how the conversation goes and what the party proposes.

Everyone must go before you can take another turn.

Magda
Aluric
=>Variel
=>Korrin
=>Uriah
Takeo
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2009
Posts: 3164
Korrin turns to Mikmek. "Mikmek, it seems your chief may not believe that we rescued you from the mites, or that we only have good intentions. Can you please tell him what happened?"

insight (1d20+10+1=21)
_______________
Dungeon Master - The Dark Campaign
Sir Muurak - Mul Cavalier 14, Scales of War
Demuriath - Revenant Assassin 5, Points of Light
Kurvilis - Gnome Mage 4, Eberron
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Mikmek describes vividly how the great heroes presenting themselves before the powerful Chief Sootscale slayed the vicious (yet feeble), nasty (yet pathetic) mites, and their horrible giant centipede. "And that why Mikmek back home now!" he finishes happily. (Success!)

Success - 3/8
Failures - 0/3

-1 penalty to the next Perception check.

Skills - Any you can make a case for. If you want to interact with Mikmek or Nakpik in trying to convince Chief Sootscale of your intentions, feel free. Failure doesn't mean a fight, necessarily. What the chief and other kobolds do depend on how the conversation goes and what the party proposes.

Everyone must go before you can take another turn.

Magda
Aluric
=>Variel
Korrin
=>Uriah
Takeo
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 1238
Variel is somewhat surprised by Magda's brandishing of the statue. Dammit, that would have made a good last minute bargaining chip if things went south. Oh well, at least he now knew the chief was genuinely interested in the part.

"We liberated the statue from the mites...took it by force of arms. I hope that our presence here shows our interest in coming to an agreement of peaceful interaction."

perception skill check (-1 Takeo) (1d20+13-1=14)
_______________
Sentinel - Warforged Shielding Swordmage (Eberron)
Allena Walmond - Human Paladin of Amaunator (Forgotten Realms)
Variel - Elf Beastmaster Ranger
Thaelan the Clanless - Dwarf Protector Spirit Shaman (Dungeon Delve 4)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
"Yes, yes, you powerful," the chief muses. "Obvious you could have come here and make smash and crash without the yap yap." (Success!)

Success - 4/8
Failures - 0/3

Skills - Any you can make a case for. If you want to interact with Mikmek or Nakpik in trying to convince Chief Sootscale of your intentions, feel free. Failure doesn't mean a fight, necessarily. What the chief and other kobolds do depend on how the conversation goes and what the party proposes.

Everyone must go before you can take another turn.

Magda
Aluric
Variel
Korrin
=>Uriah
Takeo
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Member
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 105
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
"You understand, while we desire a peaceful arrangement, we are certainly prepared to use other means if necessary. Your cooperation is desired, but interference will not be tolerated." Uriah growls from beneath his hood. His voice is thick with menace, and his patience for handling these kobolds gently is visibly waning.

OOC: intimidate 1d20+9=25
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Chief Sootscale gulps nervously. "Yes, yes, I no want to fight you. I think you and I might be able to reach an... 'arragenegement'," Sootscale ventures. "I could be great ally to you if we help each other."(Success!)

Success - 5/8
Failures - 0/3

Skills - Any you can make a case for. If you want to interact with Mikmek or Nakpik in trying to convince Chief Sootscale of your intentions, feel free. Failure doesn't mean a fight, necessarily. What the chief and other kobolds do depend on how the conversation goes and what the party proposes.

Everyone must go before you can take another turn.

=>Magda
=>Aluric
=>Variel
=>Korrin
=>Uriah
=>Takeo
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign
Moderator
Registered: Jul 2008
Posts: 5245
Magda looks the kobold chief up and down "We need something from you and you need something from us. Certainly we can come to an agreement."
insight (1d20+10+1=22)

  •  Magda Cordero
    • Female Human Cleric 3
    • Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
    • AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:13, Will:18 - Speed:5
    • HP:29/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:4/8
    • Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    •  
    • Powers
      • Astral Seal
      • Gaze of Defiance
      • Sacred Flame
      • Healing Word x2 2d6+7+surge
      • Divine Glow
      • Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune or Healer's Mercy HM =surge + 1d6+7
      • Hymn of Resurgence Close blast 5
      • Moment of Glory
      • Return from Death's Door

User posted image
_______________
Dungeon Master - Scales of War
Edeya - Githzerai Seeker - Points of Light
Moderator
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7786
"Yes and besides, it's not like your hold on the clan is that firm. You have your own divine beliefs, but it looks like more of your people are willing to follow their shaman instead of their chief. Maybe there's some similarity between your gods and one of the gods of my friends here." says Takeo, pointing at Magda, Korrin, Uriah, and Aluric.

1d20+1+1=16 Religion aid roll
_______________
Ravenblade - Dwarf Two-Weapon Ranger, Hammer of Moradin (Scales of War)
Moderator
Registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 5084
Location: Los Angeles, CA
From the way Chief Sootscale keeps eying Old Sharptooth, and what you know of the situation with Shaman Tartuk, Magda senses an agreement is close. (Success!)

Takeo perceives correctly that the shaman is the root of the problem. If Sootscale could sway the tribe with another option...

Success - 6/8
Failures - 0/3

+2 to next Religion roll.

Skills - Any you can make a case for. If you want to interact with Mikmek or Nakpik in trying to convince Chief Sootscale of your intentions, feel free. Failure doesn't mean a fight, necessarily. What the chief and other kobolds do depend on how the conversation goes and what the party proposes.

Everyone must go before you can take another turn.

Magda
=>Aluric
=>Variel
=>Korrin
=>Uriah
Takeo
_______________
Salazar Miller - Human Sorcerer 24 - Scales of War
Azad Halim al'Zahir - Tiefling Battlemind|Paladin 7 - Points of Light
Khavak'aashta - Half-Orc Thief 5 - Eberron
Dwimmerlaik - Revenant Hexblade 2 - Dark Campaign

Page: « < ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 > »

DeadGoblins.com » Kingmaker » KM-1: Stolen Land, Part 1

DeadGoblins.com is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software